Thread: WHERE DOES REVIS ISLAND GO AND HOW WILL IT WORK ???

Blog Entries

WHERE DOES REVIS ISLAND GO AND HOW WILL IT WORK ???

What will the Greatest Coach in the NFL do with Revis, and how will it work ?

Will Revis Island attack Jordy all day ? That would be my guess

And if he does....will he shut Jordy down for the most part ????

If he does Adams will be huge. This is a game where we might really miss the 4th weapon
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I agree that Adams needs to step up. Also Quarless. I know he's not great, but opposing TE's have done well against the Pats this year. Quarless has made some nice plays lately, and could get some opportunities.

I think that we will see #27 catch quite a few 5-8 yard passes in the middle.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

I think the Packers play a lot with 3 wide (also two TE) and when they do, Revis will be outside with Jordy. I don't think they want him in the slot with Cobb. Just a guess though.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    I think that we will see #27 catch quite a few 5-8 yard passes in the middle.
    That wouldn't be a surprise. Lacy might be the 3rd best receiver on the team.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I agree that Adams needs to step up. Also Quarless. I know he's not great, but opposing TE's have done well against the Pats this year. Quarless has made some nice plays lately, and could get some opportunities.
    NE is ranked 30th on 'D' Vs TE's.

The Green Bay Packers Rank 18th defending TE's.

GO PACK GO !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    That wouldn't be a surprise. Lacy might be the 3rd best receiver on the team.
    If the Pats are hellbent to take away Jordy & Cobb, this might be very productive.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

I would expect Revis on Cobb...with the Pats using a CB and over the top help at safety to corral Jordy. That is similar to what they did against Detroit last week. The Packers offense is going to have to have some wrinkles for this game...and the OL is going to have to open up some holes in the running game. Honestly, I think more of a power package is what threatens the Patriots more. They have a decent defense, but it is not really a physical one. One reason the Ravens have so much success against NE is that they use a lot of power runs to gash the Patriots to open up play action.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

We might be in trouble if the power running game is the most viable option. ..

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    We might be in trouble if the power running game is the most viable option. ..
    Return of the Stark Plug
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Return of the Stark Plug
    As long as he hangs onto the ball...

Starks had a few good plays.

But Revis was more of an archipelago today. He was on Jordy and Randall. He was mostly outside though.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Starks had a few good plays.

But Revis was more of an archipelago today. He was on Jordy and Randall. He was mostly outside though.
    I think Revis was more an atoll...he didn't shut no one down atoll.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Repped.