• Patriots

8 25.81%
  • Packers

23 74.19%

Thread: Official Patriots vs Packers Prediction Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    I voted for the Packers to win this vital game because we need all the positive karma we can get.

Do I have a lot of confidence we 'in fact' will win Vs New England?

NO !
    After some careful analysis :

The score will be 41-38 for the best team on the day. On any day either Green Bay or New England could be on the long end of that score.

On Sunday @ Lambeau Field the best team will be Green Bay.

The score will be Green Bay 41 - New England 38

Above is the Green Bay Packer fan in me posting.

What will really happen:

Looking at the computer and what the bookies are projecting. The Over/under is 58 points (Sat. Nov. 29, 2014). When the o/u is that high and that's a rare number. The over usually pays. If I was a betting man I'd bet the over.

This game may indeed rank as one of the highest scoring games in NFL history if it gets to shoot out.

The Hard Facts and if your a bettor:

Green Bay is 5-1-1 ATS in its last seven games against New England and 4-0 ATS in its last four games as a home favorite.

New England has covered the spread 6 times in their seven game winning streak.

The New England Patriots are 13-1 Straight Up in their last 14 games against NFC North opponents.

The Patriots are 4-0 Straight Up and Against The Spread over their last four games as the betting underdog.

All that informs me little.

It's a classic matchup of the unstoppable force Vs the immoveable object and something has to give.

Which team is most likely then to come out on top? Let's look inside the numbers not based on any past performances.

** This is a really huge game. This is Mike McCarthy Vs Bill Belichick.

This is a must win game for the Green Bay Packers at home. A must win over the best team in the NFL right now, The New England Patriots.

The Packers are at home where Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay offense destroy opponents. All that is in the past.

This is the biggest game 'importance wise' that we have seen since we last saw the Green Bay Packers win the Super Bowl. If we see too much of Packer HC Mike McCarthy in this game we will see the New England Patriots come away from Lambeau Field with a win. We will see the lead in the NFCN slip away; as well jeopardize the potential for Green Bay to hold the NO. 1 Seed in the NFC playoffs. Losing to New England casts a whole different thing on Green Bay and playoffs period.

Translation: This is a must win game for the Green Bay Packers.

Mike McCarthy shouldn't try to out think Bill Belichick. There will be 'only' one coaching genius on the field and his name isn't Mike McCarthy.

Mike McCarthy has to place total confidence in Aaron Rodgers who is the best QB in the NFL but going head to head with Tom Brady is very difficult. Aaron Rodgers has to be enabled to concentrate on overcoming what Tom Brady will achieve on the day.

What is my prediction?

** The New England secondary with two physical CB's in Revis and Browner will take a lot away from Aaron Rodgers and Green Bay's normal fast paced scoring attack in the first half. MM and his coaching staff will be trying to collect themselves at the half with their team trailing. See putting the ball in Aaron Rodgers hands. Allow the 'no huddle' offense to work it's magic.

** Dom Capers will be Dom all game. See wist43.

The key to understanding the result of this game lies in whichever team's defense is superior on the day. The Green Bay Packers defense has had difficulty this season stopping the run. New England will push their power rushing attack. Of course that sets up Tom Brady's lethal passing attack.

** Offensively New England is superior to Green Bay in Points; total yards; yards passing and yards rushing per game.

** Defensively New England is ranked higher than Green Bay.

My final prediction New England wins 37 - 31
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 11-29-2014 at 08:57 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau