8 25.81%
  • Packers

23 74.19%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Official Patriots vs Packers Prediction Thread

Tie 7-7.

What a sucky poll.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Beat the holiday rush. Predict the winner in the poll, put your anticipated score in your post.

If your prediction isn't here, no gloating afterwards.
    Why is your poll closing one day after the game is scheduled?
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    I'm in the Pro Pickem and played my fair share of time at a poker table.

No decent poker player shows his hand unless necessary before or after the hand is completely played unless entirely necessary. I'm not sure as I begin this post if I'll let that slide.

Let's see:

The NE Pats have won by an average of 24 points in their last four games; all wins and three Vs Top Tier Teams (Denver, Indy and Detroit).

Since their Bye Week the Green Bay Packers are 3-0 and also won by an average of 24 points margin of victory. Those wins included one over a Top tier team at home or the Philadelphia Eagles.

I see that the Packers are 3 point favourites which only means to me that the public will bet NE; and taking NE on the road and three points Vs the Packers is a decent bet. Let me check that. Yes 56% of the public is picking the Pats plus three (3) points.

I see there are members of this board that actually get upset if any member analyzes a judgement against the Green Bay Packers. Holy shit ! It is as it is and that will be when it's over.

I'm not sure what the result of this matchup will be today. If there's one member of this board who is otherwise. Please get back to me with your system for predictions. Why? Because your special.

I'll be pleased to offer you my E-mail.
    For this particular game there are 2 overriding variables, and the other factors are relatively constant - not perfectly constant of course, but relatively so.

The 2 overriding variables are as I've mentioned previously 1) the weather, and 2) dunderdummy

The relative constants would be 1) the excellent coaching and consistancy of Belichick, and 2) the fact that well coached, fairly stout defenses routinely turn our high powered offense into a pretty average one, i.e. we don't overcome their strength, they overcome ours.

That being the case - I think we can expect that their defense will keep Rodgers and co. in check for the most part... probably within the 24 to 31 pt range.

If that is the case, the question becomes - can dunderdummy and our defense hold their offense under 31 pts?? I seriously doubt it, but that's where the 2 variables come in...

If it is cold weather/poor weather game - that evens the playing field a bit. If we can expect that their defense will stifle Rodgers and co. regardless, poor weather could work against their offense and help close the gap.

The second variable is dunderdummy. We'll know pretty quickly what his gameplan will look like. If his first nickel look is the 2-4, we're sunk and I'd say we stand very little chance; if on the other hand, he comes out and plays a lot of 3-3, plays matchup zones underneath, doubles Gronk, and keeps the 2 ILB/Bartenders off the field - then we have shot.

Baltimore is one of the teams that consistently gives the Patriots a lot of trouble - and they play a shit-ton of 3-3 against them, and scheme exactly as I've described, i.e. matchup zone, and doubling Gronk... I find it amazing that more teams don't play them that way. That said, I surely don't expect Capers to do the right thing - given his druthers, he'll play 2-4 all day long, concede 15 yd passes all day long, and not give a flying shit about stopping the run all day long - that's who he is.

We can play with them if we had a competent defensive coord., but of course we don't... so I think the odds are against us that we win this game.
    wist

I thought dunderdummy was a universal constant of infinite suck and ineptitude? Did I miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    For this particular game there are 2 overriding variables, and the other factors are relatively constant - not perfectly constant of course, but relatively so.

The 2 overriding variables are as I've mentioned previously 1) the weather, and 2) dunderdummy

The relative constants would be 1) the excellent coaching and consistancy of Belichick, and 2) the fact that well coached, fairly stout defenses routinely turn our high powered offense into a pretty average one, i.e. we don't overcome their strength, they overcome ours.

That being the case - I think we can expect that their defense will keep Rodgers and co. in check for the most part... probably within the 24 to 31 pt range.

If that is the case, the question becomes - can dunderdummy and our defense hold their offense under 31 pts?? I seriously doubt it, but that's where the 2 variables come in...

If it is cold weather/poor weather game - that evens the playing field a bit. If we can expect that their defense will stifle Rodgers and co. regardless, poor weather could work against their offense and help close the gap.

The second variable is dunderdummy. We'll know pretty quickly what his gameplan will look like. If his first nickel look is the 2-4, we're sunk and I'd say we stand very little chance; if on the other hand, he comes out and plays a lot of 3-3, plays matchup zones underneath, doubles Gronk, and keeps the 2 ILB/Bartenders off the field - then we have shot.

Baltimore is one of the teams that consistently gives the Patriots a lot of trouble - and they play a shit-ton of 3-3 against them, and scheme exactly as I've described, i.e. matchup zone, and doubling Gronk... I find it amazing that more teams don't play them that way. That said, I surely don't expect Capers to do the right thing - given his druthers, he'll play 2-4 all day long, concede 15 yd passes all day long, and not give a flying shit about stopping the run all day long - that's who he is.

We can play with them if we had a competent defensive coord., but of course we don't... so I think the odds are against us that we win this game.
    Your not wrong wist43.

RE: weather on Sunday 30m Nov. 2014:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...y+30+Nov.+2014

39 Degrees F; Mostly cloudy; Precipitation 0 %; Humidity 69% and wind 16 MPH
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post

Your not wrong wist43.

RE: weather on Sunday 30m Nov. 2014:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...y+30+Nov.+2014

39 Degrees F; Mostly cloudy; Precipitation 0 %; Humidity 69% and wind 16 MPH

I voted for the Packers to win this vital game because we need all the positive karma we can get.

Do I have a lot of confidence we 'in fact' will win Vs New England?

NO !

I voted for the Packers to win this vital game because we need all the positive karma we can get.

NO !
    Karma thread is elsewhere, Bretsky probably started it. This is the prediction thread. Who are you predicting to win and what is the score?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Karma thread is elsewhere, Bretsky probably started it. This is the prediction thread. Who are you predicting to win and what is the score?
    OK then ....that post should have gone in 'B's' karma thread. Wherever and if that exists.

I'll revert back to..... I'm in the Packerrats Pro Pickem and therefore decline on any analysis that arrives at a specific conclusion as to the specific results of the New England @ Green Bay game scheduled on Sunday Nov. 30,2014 at 3:30 CST.

I just hope that the Packers lug this one out for a 'W'.

Specific analysis threatens such as a reality based conclusion; of more than what may be gained from lots of prayer.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 11-28-2014 at 10:42 AM.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Packers 34 Patriots 31
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Pack 31
    Pats 24
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

Pats - 42
    Packers - 28

Or

Packers - 38
    Patriots - 35

Don't know which one I want to go with.

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    Pats - 42
    Packers - 28

Or

Packers - 38
    Patriots - 35

Don't know which one I want to go with.
    Like wist with his Schrödinger's Capers, you have posited that the game result exists in two states at the same time. But both you and wist must choose which form will be taken at the end of the contest, when we observe the result and unweave the quantum entanglement.

Also the form of Gozer the Traveler will take next time in NYC.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I voted for Patriots, but only after I checked to see I wasn't the only one.

It's a toss-up game. The Packers' weak defensive effort last week has me spooked. Packers will win if they score 42 points or more.
    I find your lack of faith disturbing.

GB is starting to look like a team on a mission.....

GB-37
    NE-27

Cautiously optimistic. A game the Pats could easily win, but also a team build we usually can deal with, if not win. It should be close... I see GB winning 37-33.

NO !
    After some careful analysis :

The score will be 41-38 for the best team on the day. On any day either Green Bay or New England could be on the long end of that score.

On Sunday @ Lambeau Field the best team will be Green Bay.

The score will be Green Bay 41 - New England 38

Above is the Green Bay Packer fan in me posting.

What will really happen:

Looking at the computer and what the bookies are projecting. The Over/under is 58 points (Sat. Nov. 29, 2014). When the o/u is that high and that's a rare number. The over usually pays. If I was a betting man I'd bet the over.

This game may indeed rank as one of the highest scoring games in NFL history if it gets to shoot out.

The Hard Facts and if your a bettor:

Green Bay is 5-1-1 ATS in its last seven games against New England and 4-0 ATS in its last four games as a home favorite.

New England has covered the spread 6 times in their seven game winning streak.

The New England Patriots are 13-1 Straight Up in their last 14 games against NFC North opponents.

The Patriots are 4-0 Straight Up and Against The Spread over their last four games as the betting underdog.

All that informs me little.

It's a classic matchup of the unstoppable force Vs the immoveable object and something has to give.

Which team is most likely then to come out on top? Let's look inside the numbers not based on any past performances.

** This is a really huge game. This is Mike McCarthy Vs Bill Belichick.

This is a must win game for the Green Bay Packers at home. A must win over the best team in the NFL right now, The New England Patriots.

The Packers are at home where Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay offense destroy opponents. All that is in the past.

This is the biggest game 'importance wise' that we have seen since we last saw the Green Bay Packers win the Super Bowl. If we see too much of Packer HC Mike McCarthy in this game we will see the New England Patriots come away from Lambeau Field with a win. We will see the lead in the NFCN slip away; as well jeopardize the potential for Green Bay to hold the NO. 1 Seed in the NFC playoffs. Losing to New England casts a whole different thing on Green Bay and playoffs period.

Translation: This is a must win game for the Green Bay Packers.

Mike McCarthy shouldn't try to out think Bill Belichick. There will be 'only' one coaching genius on the field and his name isn't Mike McCarthy.

Mike McCarthy has to place total confidence in Aaron Rodgers who is the best QB in the NFL but going head to head with Tom Brady is very difficult. Aaron Rodgers has to be enabled to concentrate on overcoming what Tom Brady will achieve on the day.

What is my prediction?

** The New England secondary with two physical CB's in Revis and Browner will take a lot away from Aaron Rodgers and Green Bay's normal fast paced scoring attack in the first half. MM and his coaching staff will be trying to collect themselves at the half with their team trailing. See putting the ball in Aaron Rodgers hands. Allow the 'no huddle' offense to work it's magic.

** Dom Capers will be Dom all game. See wist43.

The key to understanding the result of this game lies in whichever team's defense is superior on the day. The Green Bay Packers defense has had difficulty this season stopping the run. New England will push their power rushing attack. Of course that sets up Tom Brady's lethal passing attack.

** Offensively New England is superior to Green Bay in Points; total yards; yards passing and yards rushing per game.

** Defensively New England is ranked higher than Green Bay.

My final prediction New England wins 37 - 31
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 11-29-2014 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I voted for Patriots, but only after I checked to see I wasn't the only one.

It's a toss-up game. The Packers' weak defensive effort last week has me spooked. Packers will win if they score 42 points or more.
    I believe that there will be lots of points go up on the scoreboard.

Put Bedard down for the Patriots. He doesn't believe the Packers have waxed a good team and that the Patriots have.

He picks NE, 34-27

Bedard: Really great matchup against two teams that are very similar. The Patriots have been on a roll and, as opposed to the Packers, they’ve decimated some really good teams. I have a hard time seeing the Patriots losing a game this big, unless Eddie Lacy has a huge day. Patriots 34, Packers 27.
    http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/284210371.html

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    I'm going with the Packers purely because it's a home game and the Packers will be sky high and confident (at least they better be!). Football is a game of emotions and the Pack has the emotional advantage big time.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers