Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 13 Other Games Thread Plus Some Bird

I don't know if both defenses were just that good tonight, or if both offenses are just that inept. Though Wilson at least knows to not chuck it wildly like Kaepernick.

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    I don't know if both defenses were just that good tonight, or if both offenses are just that inept. Though Wilson at least knows to not chuck it wildly like Kaepernick.
    Its a rarity I agree with Collingworth, but I agree that dropping back to pass more than run isn't the answer for the 49ers O.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Kaepernick is not near as good at manipulating the secondary as Wilson. And his receivers are slow. Seattle defense largely continued their "Hold for Gold" strategy from the last two seasons. A five yard penalty here or there is worth it, really. The league might consider upping the yardage to 10 on defensive holding. Really, anytime you're remotely beaten, just hold and it's a simple short gain.

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    I may choke on my turkey...but I'm hoping the Bears actually play a complete game and continue the skid for the Lions.
    That didn't happen after the Bears came out of the gate fast.

The Bears cannot play all out for two quarters little more 60 minutes. Watching Jay "sad dog face" Cutler react to whatever is happening on the side lines is like nothing else I've observed in Pro sports. That man doesn't seem to have one start of competitive fire in him. Jay Cutler is not the answer for the Chicago Bears at the QB position. The Bears have to make a change there ASAP or forget any real success.

The problem with the Bears doesn't lie with their Head Coach Marc Trestman. It's to a great extent on Jay Cutler and his sad shrugging attitude.

Here's some reaction post the Chicago Bears thumping in Detroit by the Lions.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...27-column.html

I looked at the Bears @ Lions matchup as one to determine which team would step up in this very important Week 13 for many NFL teams. The LIONS proved to me that their serious and improving now that Megatron is finally healthy. The Detroit LIONS have to be taken very seriously.

This Sundays game for the Green Bay Packers Vs the New England Patriots is "a statement game" for the home team. The Packers must somehow win this game and continue some momentum towards the 'only thing that counts'.

The Super Bowl game and a win there.

GO PACKERS !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    Today's games outcomes are not going how I wanted them to.
    There was nothing about the Thanksgiving Day game results that spelled any breather for the Green Bay Packers.

It's all systems go... pedal to the metal for our Green Bay Packers.

The BIG BOYS are showing who they are.

GO PACK GO !
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Teams I worry about: Seattle, maybe San Fran, maybe Arizona, maybe Eagles

Team I no longer worry about: Dallas
    I believe that the Arizona Cardinals will fade. Their rushing game is Ranked near the bottom of the NFL and their Offense overall won't help out a top ranked 'D'. The loss of Carson Palmer will eventually show up in the loss column.

The Detroit LIONS had the same concern (Reggie Bush has been absent for too long) and more on their offense. Yesterdays thrashing of the Chicago Bears offered good News ! Lion RB Joique Bell had a nice day Vs the BEARS on Thanksgiving Day going 91 Yards on 23 carries and 2 TD's. Seeing Megatron get his Mojo back (11 receptions for 146 yards and 2 TD's) and add that to the outstanding play from Golden Tate and a much improved Matthew Stafford performance ( 34/45 for 390 yards and 2 TD's) has to be inspirational for the Lions organization and fans.

The Philadelphia Eagles are formidable as long as RB LeSean McCoy is firing on all cylinders. Their 'D' is decent. Their hurry up offense wears opposing 'D's' out. Green Bay shouldn't hope to meet that team again this year.

The Dallas Cowboys put themselves in a hole. They have to win in Philly (Week 15) and defeat the Colts @ home (Week 16). A tough chore.

THE REAL CONCERN:

The Seattle Seahawks ! That team is back !!

We must defeat the New England patriots on Sunday at Lambeau Field and win the NFCN to secure 'Home field Advantage' in the playoffs. We must earn the NO. 1 seed in the NFC.

The Seattle Seahawks are gaining momentum and that 'D' is just scary. The way to the Super Bowl in the NFC is to defeat the Hawks. For the Packers to have the best chance to do that we need that NO. 1 Seed.

Backing up for a second: are the injuries on the O line the problem with the Bears O? Because it looked futile for the last 3 quarters and the players all looked like they had seen this movie before. Protection wasn't great but watching on and off again I kept wondering if they have lost confidence in Cutler or the play call?
    I don't think their problem is their line. It is Cutler and their lousy defense. I laughed when I saw Jennings back there still sucking.

Teams I worry about: Seattle, maybe San Fran, maybe Arizona, maybe Eagles

Team I no longer worry about: Dallas
    I don't worry about SF. I doubt they are gonna make the playoffs this year. God, why does Kaep look like garbage against everyone else but us? AZ has a great D but Stanton doesn't scare anybody. Unfortunately Seattle seems to be getting its act together again.
    Last edited by Pugger; 11-28-2014 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Kaepernick is not near as good at manipulating the secondary as Wilson. And his receivers are slow. Seattle defense largely continued their "Hold for Gold" strategy from the last two seasons. A five yard penalty here or there is worth it, really. The league might consider upping the yardage to 10 on defensive holding. Really, anytime you're remotely beaten, just hold and it's a simple short gain.
    Maybe they should up the penalty. Didn't the league tell the refs to watch for it more this year because of all of the complaints by teams that faced the Seachickens last year?

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    That didn't happen after the Bears came out of the gate fast.

The Bears cannot play all out for two quarters little more 60 minutes. Watching Jay "sad dog face" Cutler react to whatever is happening on the side lines is like nothing else I've observed in Pro sports. That man doesn't seem to have one start of competitive fire in him. Jay Cutler is not the answer for the Chicago Bears at the QB position. The Bears have to make a change there ASAP or forget any real success.

The problem with the Bears doesn't lie with their Head Coach Marc Trestman. It's to a great extent on Jay Cutler and his sad shrugging attitude.

Here's some reaction post the Chicago Bears thumping in Detroit by the Lions.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...27-column.html

I looked at the Bears @ Lions matchup as one to determine which team would step up in this very important Week 13 for many NFL teams. The LIONS proved to me that their serious and improving now that Megatron is finally healthy. The Detroit LIONS have to be taken very seriously.

This Sundays game for the Green Bay Packers Vs the New England Patriots is "a statement game" for the home team. The Packers must somehow win this game and continue some momentum towards the 'only thing that counts'.

The Super Bowl game and a win there.

GO PACKERS !
    I wonder if Cutler just doesn't give a damn? That is the feeling I get from watching his demeanor.

And let's commence the 49er internal sniping season.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m1 minute ago
    Strong words RT @JedYork: Thank you #49ersfaithful for coming out strong tonight. This performance wasn't acceptable. I apologize for that

That's @JedYork, the owner of the team.
    Family members pile on:
    Baalke's daughter rips Roman
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Its not quite Greg Jennings sister, but coming from higher up the food chain.

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Family members pile on:
    Must change follows on Twitter.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I wonder if Cutler just doesn't give a damn? That is the feeling I get from watching his demeanor.
    Agreed.

It seems the league has just beaten the competitive fire out of the boy.

I saw him play for Vandy and the first years at Denver. He used to light up like a Christmas tree on game day. Now, he's all hit out, things go bad and he mopes around in a shell.

He's Jeff George II.

A tin man with a golden arm.

If I was a Bears fan I'd be very pissed that Jay Cutler is the answer for Franchise QB.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Family members pile on:

Gore ! You've been Romanized.

Maybe they should up the penalty. Didn't the league tell the refs to watch for it more this year because of all of the complaints by teams that faced the Seachickens last year?
    The Hawks got called a few times. But remember that they ARE otherwise a good defense. The way it worked out in the SF game was: Seattle shut down SF on better than 50% of their plays. Every time the 49ers actually had a chance for a big play, they got 5 yards instead. Hard to function under those parameters.

I am not saying the Seahawks aren't good, because they obviously are. Mathematically, cheating gives them the best chance to succeed, and they would be stupid to do anything differently. Considering that, the rules need to be changed to make HOLDFORGOLD less viable. Bumping the holding penalty, or adding 5 yards from the spot on PI, would be the obvious suggestions.

Watching Carroll complain about the penalties when it's part of his entire defensive strategy was nauseating. And Rickle Sherman getting in the ref's face after being called on an obvious penalty should have drawn an unsportsmanlike conduct flag. It should be considered for a fine.

Watching Carroll complain about the penalties when it's part of his entire defensive strategy was nauseating. And Rickle Sherman getting in the ref's face after being called on an obvious penalty should have drawn an unsportsmanlike conduct flag. It should be considered for a fine.
    That entire bunch really gets on my nerves. Even Wilson is wearing thin.

I know the play you are talking about, and I remember on the replay it didn't look that bad, although the announcers piled on. I paid attention to Sherman as much as I could last night, and honestly, I thought he played a spectacular, and mostly very clean game. The couple of times he got handsy I thought more "how the hell else are you supposed to play the position".

re: 5 yard holding penalty
    I wonder how the ref decides when it's a hold, and when it's PI and 'spot of the foul'.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...