Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Week 13 Other Games Thread Plus Some Bird

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    re: 5 yard holding penalty
    I wonder how the ref decides when it's a hold, and when it's PI and 'spot of the foul'.
    Ball in the air - PI.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Ball in the air - PI.
    That simple, eh? Thanks.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    That simple, eh? Thanks.
    Thought you played college football?

I only shut down Darren Charles in a high school football game, but I knew that.

I'm with Woodbuck. This game coming up against the Patriots is huge. The dangerous teams are coming out of the woodwork. If we want to be champs, home field is very important.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Running in the sub 4.8's after getting back in shape. Who needs a shitty safety??!

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    I'm with Woodbuck. This game coming up against the Patriots is huge. The dangerous teams are coming out of the woodwork. If we want to be champs, home field is very important.
    It's a statement game, but not critical. Non-conference, non-division opponent. It'd be good to get the win, but not critical.

It would be convenient to get this win. If Detroit slips up once before the final game, it would be nice to have the chance to be up two games. ..

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    It's a statement game, but not critical. Non-conference, non-division opponent. It'd be good to get the win, but not critical.
    Inasmuch as it doesn't have the tiebreaker weight of a conference/divisional games, you are dead on. And going into the second half of the season, I figured they needed to be 2-1 vs the Eagles, Pats, and Lions if I was going to start double-fisting the kool-aid.

But this is a game the Packers have to win. It's against "the best", it's at home, and they absolutely need to build up that big game moxie.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

This is the big game they can most afford to lose. However, for crowing rights and the chase for home playoff games, its still a big deal. Just not disqualifying.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    It would be convenient to get this win. If Detroit slips up once before the final game, it would be nice to have the chance to be up two games. ..
    I think that final game is going to be for the division and for the playoffs
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Or not.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

That's kind of what I'm hoping for; winning the Division when playing for all the marbles will put a nice, sharp edge on the team.

Blog Entries
    If we beat the Pats I think we can get a two game lead and home field

That's why its a huge game
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    If we beat the Pats I think we can get a two game lead and home field

That's why its a huge game
    Agree, and they need to keep believing they're unbeatable at home to make that effective. They need this game.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Blog Entries
    yes...we need to get the Lambeau unbeatable mojo back and ride homefield to the Super Bowl !!
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Oh good. Bucs getting better later in season. That's a good development.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Colt McCoy experiment is working wonders for Washington, they have scored 3 on a bad defense. Colts up 14-3.

Andy Dalton is so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    Andy Dalton is so good.
    Andy 'Wonder Boy' Dalton is doing his best impression of Jay ' Sad Hound Face 'Cutler today.

Three...three ... THREE fricken picks.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

The Saints came to Steelers to redeem themselves.

They just took a 21-6 lead early in the 3rd Qtr.

In the meantime... Cincy is doing all they can to throw their road game away In Tampa Bay.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau