View Poll Results: FOR THE RECORD......HOW WOULD YOU JUDGE DOM CAPERS ??

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • I subscribe to Wistology. Dom Capers is a moron and should be fired yesterday

9 27.27%
  • Dom is an Average DC and does a decent job utilizing the talent Ted gives

21 63.64%
  • He's the Dominator and excels as a DC.

3 9.09%
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: WHAT IS YOUR VIEW OF DOM CAPERS

As KY would say, "that's one king hell post Vince".
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    More like standing on a street corner with someone screaming at the top of their lungs about the end of days.
    Much more apropos. Well done, sir.

Even though there are others that agree with me that Capers has been an ongoing disaster for several years now - I'm about the only that that takes up the fight; therefore, I am a single voice of logic and honesty in opposition to the intellectual dishonesty of the homers.

Capers has, in fact, made many of the adjustments I've been calling for - especially after this years bye week. Last year, and the previous years of wandering in the desert, dunderdummy ran the 2-4 some 75% of the time - he never adjusted, he just ran the same crap game after game, down after down. The only variation we saw was Jumbo vs. pass rush 2-4, and nickel vs. dime.

Now that he is running a 3-4 predominately, and is running much more 3-3, and is putting our more talented players on the field in lieu of Brad Jones and Hawk, we are getting much better results. All of these are changes that I have been calling for forever.

On the other hand - for my contentions, all of you have done nothing but sling spitballs at the idea that the 2-4 was the problem, or that we actually had better personnel standing on the sidelines; and now that we have made some of the changes I've been talking about all this time - all of your defenses of Capers, and protestations of my arguments are long forgotten.

Now you seamlessly launch into attack mode with a different narrative, neverminding that you have been wrong all this time?? Is it any wonder an honest person would not conclude anything other than the fact that most of you prozac posters are nothing if not intellectually dishonest??
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    This from the Official Packers-Pats Discussion Thread

In the same thread, you also went on to rip the OL on the heels of a strong performance both run and pass blocking against Minnesota - on top of a strong run of dominating performances which demonstrates they're shaping into one of the top lines in the league.

Then Fritz prophesizes about your likely retorts before they're even made and you comically fall right into form, ignoring facts, twisting some, and making up others .. and then this gem.

And you wonder why the homers and rabble take you on with these proclamations. You can only ignore for so many months/years before it's time for a calling-out, so I'm gonna follow Fritz' lead.

Wist you really are a broken record of doom and gloom followed by selective reasoning to support your perspectives, no matter how wrong or misguided.

The one that sticks out to me was when you proclaimed with authority that the Packers were minimum of two years away from being "remotely competitive" - the offseason before they won the Super Bowl.

The (un)funny thing is you actually believe yourself wist. Denial is a powerful force I see.

It's really tough to win it all, but I'd bet my left nut that if the Packers come up short somehow, you'll once again step up on your perch and proclaim how you've been right all along - and the NFL defensive coordinator who has dedicated pretty much every waking minute of his adult life to scheming and coaching some of the best players in the world to stop some other of the best players in the world can't hold your jock or that of the neighborhood Pop Warner coach when it comes to understanding football.

Based on some of the responses you get to your posts, I don't think I'm alone when I say ... It really does get old man. Maybe you exaggerate to make your point (the same one over and over and over and over. I hope you have a shortcut set up for dunderdummy because you've had to have worn out a few D's on the ol keyboard by now), but reread those quotes of yours. You'd have been hard-pressed to have been more wrong about the game - and then to make it worse you try to twist things around and proclaim that you were right. Dunder finally listened. Whoda thunkit. Everyone's wrong a lot, but you're just so far out of touch not seeing it that I don't even know what else to say.
    I was wrong about the game - but only d/c dunderdummy ran the schemes and alignments I've been wanting him to run forever.

If you flip a coin 99 times and it comes up heads 99 times - call me crazy, but I'm going to expect that the next flip will be heads. The fact that the 100th flip came out tails, and that is all the ammunition you guys need to try and attack me - neverminding that I've been right about what changes needed to be made - is pretty weak shit.

Since I have no faith in dunderdummy, and he rarely if ever has a gameplan I agree with - the odds were that he would come out with another crap gameplan. The fact is, he came out with a gameplan that I've been wanting to see for the past few years.

As I said in the above post - when I"ve laid out the specifics of the changes that dunderdummy needed to make, you guys spit on me - now, amazingly, he runs the schemes I've been wanting, and we're getting good results - yet I'm still the bad guy b/c I don't believe he'll do the right thing beforehand??

If you don't want read an honest critique of what dunderdummy is doing - don't read my posts. Max will be more than happy to give you prozac version.
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Even though there are others that agree with me that Capers has been an ongoing disaster for several years now - I'm about the only that that takes up the fight; therefore, I am a single voice of logic and honesty in opposition to the intellectual dishonesty of the homers.
    All hail!

The secret here is, you're fighting with yourself for nothing other than some sort of self imposed superiority. Not one person who reads your rants is sitting at home going "you know what? that Wist is one smart mother fucker. I'm impressed by his knowledge." Not the "homers" and not the "others" who might happen to agree with you. You might consider getting a new outlet for this aggression. It's not good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    All hail!

The secret here is, you're fighting with yourself for nothing other than some sort of self imposed superiority. Not one person who reads your rants is sitting at home going "you know what? that Wist is one smart mother fucker. I'm impressed by his knowledge." Not the "homers" and not the "others" who might happen to agree with you. You might consider getting a new outlet for this aggression. It's not good for you.
    I call it as I see it... I put my observations out there, and they shouldn't be controversial - yet they are b/c you guys are accepting of mediocrity, and worse, and I am not.

I care about my team and want to win championships - defense is what has been preventing us from getting there.
    wist

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I embrace mediocrity

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Mozart never had to worry about the salary cap.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    You know what? Wist is one smart mother fucker.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Mozart never had to worry about the salary cap.
    He did however, have to worry about his tights riding up his keester while conducting. That's not very civilized.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

I call it as I see it... I put my observations out there, and they shouldn't be controversial - yet they are b/c you guys are accepting of mediocrity, and worse, and I am not.

I care about my team and want to win championships - defense is what has been preventing us from getting there.
    I accept there is nothing I can change about the situation. I don't go to games so my dollars are not being spent. I don't subscribe to the Sunday ticket. We quite literally can do nothing affecting any change in the organization. So unless the Packers front office frequents this website and holds you in high esteem, you're screaming at the wind. If that screaming is therapeutic for you, by all means keep at it. Just don't expect everyone to join in chorus with you. They aren't being homers, they're being realistic.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    I read somewhere that Fat Stubby is addicted to this forum. Not Capers, though.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

My view of Packers DC Dom Capers:

It flips and flops.

It's Warm and cozy.

Suddenly when performance is essential it often gets to ..... NOT so good.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Rat Starter
    Reading this thread, I am suddenly reminded that Wist, Texaspackerbacker and Anti-Polar Bear, in no particular order, are the top 3 notorious posters posting here.

Remember when Anti-Polar Bear used to write rhetoric about Ted Thompson?

Now that he is running a 3-4 predominately, and is running much more 3-3, and is putting our more talented players on the field in lieu of Brad Jones and Hawk, we are getting much better results. All of these are changes that I have been calling for forever.
    You keep saying this but it isn't true. It's not even close to being true. This week was probably the most 3-4 the Packers have run all year.

Patriots - 24 of 56 in the 3-4
    Vikings - 11 of 68
    Eagles - 4 of 78
    Bears - 1 of 71
    Saints - can't find
    Panthers - 10 of 69
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Reading this thread, I am suddenly reminded that Wist, Texaspackerbacker and Anti-Polar Bear, in no particular order, are the top 3 notorious posters posting here.

Remember when Anti-Polar Bear used to write rhetoric about Ted Thompson?
    Is Ted still trapped in the closet?

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Is Ted still trapped in the closet?
    Yes.

The Defense wasn't responsible for last year's playoff loss. It outplayed the fantabulous offense while missing 4 key guys. So as per usual, you take a few specific points in time and generalize to the whole. Its one of the reasons your observations and not persuasive nor predictive.

That and the fact that you think ranting on the internet is demanding excellence.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Capers has, in fact, made many of the adjustments I've been calling for - especially after this years bye week. Last year, and the previous years of wandering in the desert, dunderdummy ran the 2-4 some 75% of the time - he never adjusted, he just ran the same crap game after game, down after down. The only variation we saw was Jumbo vs. pass rush 2-4, and nickel vs. dime.

He doesn't run 2-4 75% of the time in any particular gameplan. That's over the course of the season. And over the course of the season, he is often playing in a game where his team has a 10 point lead. Against a Patriots team completely capable of staying even, running the ball and lacking deep threats, he was not going to run dime defense on 1st and 2nd down. He has adjusted to opponents every year he has been here. You simply refuse to acknowledge this and gloss it over by using the yearly percentage.

He ran 3-4 24 times in the Patriots game out of 56 Patriot Offense snaps. That's 42%, higher than the yearly figures but not close to his high water mark for his Packer tenure. When his sub package numbers of high and they lose, you cry unsound. When his sub package numbers are low and they win, you say he is listening to you.

He ran 3-3 in one game for 15 snaps.

Any prediction based on a previously used Packer D alignment will eventually yield a positive result because the Packers, even with Capers, win 65% of the time. I could say the Packers need to use more onside kicks and look prescient twice a year. Your argument is not persuasive precisely for this reason; because it explains and/or predicts too little.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    You keep saying this but it isn't true. It's not even close to being true. This week was probably the most 3-4 the Packers have run all year.

Patriots - 24 of 56 in the 3-4
    Vikings - 11 of 68
    Eagles - 4 of 78
    Bears - 1 of 71
    Saints - can't find
    Panthers - 10 of 69
    Good grief, you guys surely must be given all the answers years in advance of a standardized test just to squeak by with a D+...

He's been run running 3-whatever predominately - I said 3-4 for brevities sake.

Prior to the bye he was using a combination of 3-4, Elephant (which is in effect a 3-4); and when he was in the nickel he was using a lot more 3-3, as opposed to 2-4. Prior to this year's bye however, he was reverting back to his default dunderdummy settings, i.e. too much 2-4, and too much nickel in either/or situations, and we were getting destroyed in the running game.

How quickly any of you forget that we were dead last - and by quite a margin - in run defense just a few short weeks ago... given dunderdummy's track record, of course one who is paying attention would expect that to continue. Thankfully he seems to have gotten his head out of his ass to some extent, culminating in the NE game in which he called one hell of a game.

Last year, and in previous years he had been running 2-4 almost 75% of the time, be it jumbo or what I would call a pass rush 2-4. Why don't you guys trying offering up an analysis and break down once in a while, instead of riding Max's coattails??

I may disagree with Max from time to time, but at least he understands football, breaks down games and plays, and offers an analysis - I have a lot of respect for Max even if we don't agree some of the time. Most of the rest of you guys are frauds who just want to harangue those not in the kool-kid clique.
    wist