Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: vs Patriots Week 13

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Absolutely. And to be fair, the guy doing to research has been adding to it and trying to weed out defense and other influences. Scott Kascmar is legit and he knows its an outlier but finds it interesting, which it certainly is.

Problem is no other media outlet wants to look at context, they just want to argue and find fault. Kinda what we do here. But I trust the guy to do solid work on it. He acknowleged to Wilde on Twitter that it wasn't the whole story on Rodgers play and had multiple causes.

Don't know much about interception guy at 538, but he seems on the level too, though more convinced his finding should result in changes to approach.
    Yes. I have to hand it to Captain Comeback on his continuing evolution. I really enjoy what the FO guys and their ilk have done in terms of redefining the general narrative that flows through typical talking-head analysis.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 9m9 minutes ago
    #Packers QB @AaronRodgers12 told @ESPN's @RobDemovsky (in a press conference) that he did not need stitches for the gash on his left hand.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 19m19 minutes ago
    More @TJLang70: "I saw maybe 2 out of 20 [media] people picked us to win the game. That kind of lights a fire under your ass a little bit."
    |
    Jersey Al - ALLGBP ‏@JerseyAlGBP 17m17 minutes ago
    @jasonjwilde So everyone pick the Falcons next week.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 39m39 minutes ago
    More Mike Daniels: "We knew we had to exceed their intensity and bring our own intensity. This was very healthy for us."

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 37m37 minutes ago
    Rob Gronkowski on his near TD in the fourth... "When my number is called, I have to come down with that play."

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 47m47 minutes ago
    Mike Daniels on #Packers third-down sack... "That was awesome, that was clutch, that was a play that needed to happen.”

Jersey Al - ALLGBP ‏@JerseyAlGBP 48m48 minutes ago
    Phone caller to WTMJ post game show - "Why isn't Jeff Janis getting a chance?" Really? That's what you call in with after this win? SMH

HARLAN CALLING IN TO THE TMJ POSTGAME SHOW!
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Sam Farmer ‏@LATimesfarmer 1h1 hour ago
    This is pretty amazing: The last time Aaron Rodgers was intercepted at Lambeau Field was Dec. 2, 2012.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Yes. I have to hand it to Captain Comeback on his continuing evolution. I really enjoy what the FO guys and their ilk have done in terms of redefining the general narrative that flows through typical talking-head analysis.
    And the 538 INT guy will be celebrating the contested throw Rodgers made to Cobb to get the first down and seal the game.

From Wilde on Red Zone: http://www.espnwisconsin.com/common/...medium=twitter

Red-zone blues: Had they lost, the Packers’ biggest regret would have been their red-zone inefficiency. They came into the game with the league’s ninth-best TD percentage in the red zone entering this week at 63.6 percent, and that was down from earlier in the year, when they were over the 70 percent threshold. On Sunday, though, they settled for four Mason Crosby field goals – Crosby also missed another – and their touchdowns came from 32 yards (Richard Rodgers) and 45 yards (Jordy Nelson). The other would-have-been regret: A drop by Davante Adams on what would have been a 4-yard TD catch on the final field-goal drive. Now Adams can enjoy the first 100-yard receiving game of his young career.

Proof pass rating isn't everything from JSO and Silverstein:

Brady was productive in posting a 102.7 passer rating on 22-of-35 passing with 245 yards and two touchdowns.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/284276481.html

Need to re-watch the 2nd half, I was not paying full attention. What happened to the O that scored on all but one possession in the first?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Proof pass rating isn't everything from JSO and Silverstein:

Brady was productive in posting a 102.7 passer rating on 22-of-35 passing with 245 yards and two touchdowns.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/284276481.html
    This on the sack... Peppers things that don't show up on the stats.

Julius Peppers drew a double-team and both Daniels and Neal beat their men to get to Brady.

Also, HaHa had a nice game. Covered Gronk well when called and didn't let anything get behind him. He always looked to have a cap on things.

Hoody is setting them up for the rematch: http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/284278381.html

Belichick shook hands with McCarthy and talked to him for far longer than the usual, "Nice game." It appeared like he was telling McCarthy that he had "a heck of a team."

Also, HaHa had a nice game. Covered Gronk well when called and didn't let anything get behind him. He always looked to have a cap on things.
    Yep. He was very much involved in all facets, not just deep coverage. That was new.

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Hoody is setting them up for the rematch: http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/284278381.html
    I agree with this so much PB. Hoodie will learn from this, his next game plan will be nothing like todays game IF there is a rematch later this year.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Belichick on Capers BEFORE the game, I transcribed from a pic on Twitter. Resolution wasn't great so any errors are mine.

Q: You mentioned earlier this week that Dom Capers has a background with Pittsburgh and the zone blitz is kind of related to that system.

BB: Yeah, they have a lot of them.

Q: What about that scheme challenges the offense, the zone …?

BB: Well, I'd say that the Pittsburgh system, the LeBeau system and the Capers system, the way it challenges you is that they bring everybody. Its not one, this guy or that guy. You have to block the SAM, the Mike, the Will. You have to block the strong safety. You have to block the corners eventually. Sometimes they bring one guy and drop a defensive lineman, so its a seven-man coverage. But, I’d say most of the time they bring two guys and drop one, so its a six-man coverage. So, three under, three deep or occasionally four under, two deep, which is also kind of matched. They do not always drop back and stand there in spots. They take certain guys who can actually play sort of like a man to man.

But I’d say the challenge with them is you have a lot of different guys coming. Its hard to say its him or its them or its them. You’re going to get them all. You’re going to get two up the middle, or two strong or two weak. You’re going to get secondary pressure from both sides and I think that when you come out of the game, you’ll say, ‘OK, they did this one a couple of times, they did that one once, this one once, that one once, that one once and another one a couple times’. It’s not like ‘OK, its going to be these two guys coming all day’. That’s not really what they do. Its a challenge.

Every protection you have, every play you have, potentially, if you hit the wrong thing, you’re going to be out-numbered. You could hit it right and have a favorable advantage but if you hit it wrong, then you kind of, its a tough play against that call. So if you’re trying to put together a 10, 12-play drive, [and] they have good field position, you don’t need too many of those plays, you know what I mean? You could give a couple little six-yard gains, but then you get a negative two and maybe that’s enough to stop the drive. I think that’s kind of the challenge of playing that type of system is avoiding negative plays, avoiding long yardage. Even though you could get two or three first downs, if you get one of those negative plays in there, now they have you in second and long or third and long and then you’re in trouble. So, I think that’s kind of the overall philosophy.
    Last edited by pbmax; 11-30-2014 at 09:31 PM.

Ha Ha is gonna be a good one as will Adams. I don't know if he'll let another TD go thru his hands like that again in the near future.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 1m1 minute ago
    After the game, Revis told Patriots reporters Jordy Nelson pushed off on his 45-yard TD, adding "I am not going to use that as an excuse."

After the game, Revis told Patriots reporters Jordy Nelson pushed off on his 45-yard TD, adding "I am not going to use that as an excuse."
    Someone should remind Hoodie that they got away with hammering Jordy down to the ground in the end zone.

I didn't notice any push off by Jordy on the TD play. It just looked like he beat Revis off of his inside cut and then ran away from him after the catch. I'll have to look closer at the replay if I get a chance to see it again.

Revis played a good game. He doesn't have to lie because he got beat once by an elite player when he was shading the wrong way.

It's just too bad for him that the one time he got beat turned into 7.

I hope the Packers turn in the film from that Red Zone sequence when Nelson got Illegal Contact twice with no call in front of the back judge.

Sam Farmer ‏@LATimesfarmer 1h1 hour ago
    This is pretty amazing: The last time Aaron Rodgers was intercepted at Lambeau Field was Dec. 2, 2012.
    Ah yes, was at that game against Vikings. Was also Rodgers birthday.