Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: vs Patriots Week 13

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Revis played a good game. He doesn't have to lie because he got beat once by an elite player when he was shading the wrong way.

It's just too bad for him that the one time he got beat turned into 7.
    Gotta love Jordy sippin on coconuts on Revis Island! You could tell that one was special to Jordy. Instead of going for the Lambeau Leap, he headed to AR and shared a jump bump, or whatever that is...
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Revis saying Nelson pushed off is hilarious.
    Go PACK

Typical whiner.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Revis saying Nelson pushed off is hilarious.
    Just watched the replay. i couldn't see anything throug my homer colored glasses.

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 3m3 minutes ago
    Mason Crosby on Neal/Daniels sack: That sack there ended up being huge. ... Anything over 40 yards on that (south) side was a little tricky.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

From JSO, this is when Barrington landed right on Edelman and hurt his leg. I don't feel too bad celebrating it because to was clean, but Edelman wasn't the same after this. He did have the big catch for a first down on their final drive though.

Linking is proving impossible, so go here to read about Barrington taking snaps from Hawk:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...1.html#packers

Barrington played in the middle both with Clay Matthews and with Hawk. When the Packers were in nickel, it was Matthews and Barrington in the middle. When they were in their base 3-4, Matthews moved outside and Barrington lined up with Hawk in the middle.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Shields took elbow to head, not a knee. Lattimore had a foot.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...1.html#packers

Cobb's narrative on the last catch, from MMQB:

“I’m running an angle route there, under a couple of slant routes,” Cobb told me an hour after the game. Covered off the line by corner Logan Ryan, the matchup was favorable—until he saw linebacker Dont’a Hightower standing near where he was to angle, right in the middle of the field. Cobb peeked into the backfield and saw Rodgers was searching. He had no one open.

“That means it’s scramble mode,” Cobb said. “I just gotta get open. Scramble mode is more of a feel. I gotta find a hole. I know there are guys on the left running slants, and I don’t want to run into them. I looked at Davonte, and he flattened out his route, and I flattened mine out a little flatter, running left [behind Hightower]. I wanted to make my guy [Ryan] go high. I wanted Aaron to have a clear shot at me.”

Once Cobb was clear of Hightower, a step or two past him, Rodgers zinged the ball toward Cobb, maybe two yards past the first-down line. Now Devin McCourty came off Adams and joined Ryan in coverage of Cobb. But McCourty was just a split-second too late to break it up.

“Aaron put it right in there,” Cobb said. “Perfect.”

What do you remember when the ball was coming toward you?

“Nothing, really. I just know I gotta make the catch,” Cobb said.

Were you feeling the coverage on you—physically? Or do you just know they’re there?

“Honestly,” Cobb said, “I don’t know. I don’t recall. I guess I’ll see it when I watch the tape. I just think about putting the ball away and doing whatever it takes to catch it.”

He caught it. Game over.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Not bad. Signs at Lambeau picking it up a notch.

Just before a tip ball:

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by SMBASS View Post
    I didn't notice any push off by Jordy on the TD play. It just looked like he beat Revis off of his inside cut and then ran away from him after the catch. I'll have to look closer at the replay if I get a chance to see it again.
    Safety and/or Revis blew it anyway. Either Revis was supposed to stay inside and push Jordy up and out for the safety deep (which is the angle the safety took) or Revis did have outside technique and the Safety should have remained lower and inside, instead of taking the high angle. A mistake by one of those guys led to the score versus a 20 yard gain.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Defending Gronk:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...284287911.html

He went 7 for 98 and a near TD. Would they man up on him again? Capers has played Brady twice and its been mainly man to man each time versus that offense, even this year with a good running game.

saw this on twitter...Packers o-line: 2nd fewest hits in nfl, 3rd fewest hurries, 3rd fewest pressures. they've allowed 1 sack in last four games.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 3h3 hours ago
    At ILB, Sam Barrington plays 47 snaps, A.J. Hawk 26 for the #Packers. Notes from last night. Matthews 56 of 56. ... http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...284289881.html

Kerry J. Byrne ‏@footballfacts 2h2 hours ago
    #Packers still No. 1 in Mother Of All Stats, Passer Rating Differential. No. 2 Denver not even close. http://buff.ly/1Cym5va @PackerReport

Normally would stick his Monday PC in the preview thread. But let's bask some more in the last win. We'll call it Victory Monday.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 2m2 minutes ago
    McCarthy on Shields: Had a concussion. Will go through protocol. ... Jamari felt better today he did yesterday.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 2m2 minutes ago
    Players get extra day off this week with the Atlanta game on Monday.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 2m2 minutes ago
    McCarthy on schedule: Thursday will be like a Wednesday this week. Wanted the players to have an extra day off.

McCarthy on red zone: Comes down to execution. Gives Patriots credit. Will be highlighted at practice this week.

PAD LEVEL! ALSO GENTLEMAN POINTS FOR NOT SUBLIMINALLY SAYING ILLEGAL CONTACT WHEN TALKING ABOUT RED ZONE

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 2m2 minutes ago
    McCarthy: We talk about stacking success all the time. We've had a very good November & look to play even better in December. #Packers

McCarthy on rookies delivering: Three rookies on offense have done good job taking advantage of opportunities.

McCarthy on Sitton playing through injury: Heck of a player. Excellent pass protector. "It's a credit to him" that he's played so well.

STOP RUNING LEFT AND I PROMISE TO VOTE EARLY AND OFTEN FOR HIS PRO BOWL BERTH

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 1m1 minute ago
    McCarthy on low-key locker room... "They were mesmerized by the fact they had an extra day off."

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 1m1 minute ago
    McCarthy on the win: It was a fun locker room. There was a lot of build up throughout the week. A lot [went] into that game for both teams.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 46s46 seconds ago
    On players not getting too high: Fun locker room. Good discipline and focus with the hype. Both teams played well. "They're probably tired."

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 1m1 minute ago
    McCarthy: "This is a very focused, disciplined football team."

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 1m1 minute ago
    McCarthy: Players feeling urgency, even in winning. Offense in red zone, for instance.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 1m1 minute ago
    McCarthy: This is our most consistent team in my nine years here. #Packers

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 1m1 minute ago
    MM on Barrington: Starting to hit stride. Game slowing down. Playing more, thinking less.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 2m2 minutes ago
    McCarthy on Barrington: "Sam is starting to hit his stride. ... He has put together two good weeks."

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 20s21 seconds ago
    MM on Adams' big day: Has continued to improve. Natural receiver. Gifted, good size. This has been building.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 46s47 seconds ago
    MM on Adams: "We don't force the ball in. Felt our TE's and other receivers would have other opportunities. Aaron spreads the ball around."

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 18s19 seconds ago
    Cobb on backfield was a secondary concept that became featured more than he expected.

HE HAS LOTS OF IDEAS

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 11s12 seconds ago
    McCarthy: "You have the ball for 70 plays, that's more opportunities for your players."

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 55s56 seconds ago
    "It's been a while" since MM has seen so much three- and four-man rush. OL was exceptional in providing extra time.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 48s49 seconds ago
    McCarthy on # of 3- and 4-man rushes: It's been a while. But a very disciplined rush. Aaron was able to get the job done from the pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    saw this on twitter...Packers o-line: 2nd fewest hits in nfl, 3rd fewest hurries, 3rd fewest pressures. they've allowed 1 sack in last four games.
    There were a couple of times Rodgers sat back there looking for an open man for a ridiculous amount of time. They did a great job in pass pro yesterday.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    There were a couple of times Rodgers sat back there looking for an open man for a ridiculous amount of time. They did a great job in pass pro yesterday.
    They covered well, but there were windows, just smaller ones. Any other QB wouldn't have been as selective and would have paid for it. Rodgers needs to be 100% confident the ball won't be intercepted before he passes. He's got a reputation to maintain. That's a compliment not a criticism.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    those stats say they've done a great job the entire season. dal is supposed to have the best o-line, according to some...i wonder where they sit in those categories?

Greg A. Bedard ‏@GregABedard 8h8 hours ago
    @TyDunne What was the pressure % I said in the blog the Packers needed to get to? 30%? How about 39.5%? That's W territory.