Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Winners - Losers Packers vs. Pats

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Peter King for this paragraph:

So home playoff games for Division winners that Owner's love won't change but it could change if its a major embarrassment? He really is Roger Goodell's doppelgänger.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/12/01/patrio...nfl-week-13/7/
    Why is it an embarrassment? So the NFL has a weak division. Too god damn bad. If the division winner is so bad, then go crush them in their house or shut your pie hole. What would be far, far more embarrassing is to be that 12 win team that goes to a 6 win team and loses. Hopefully that won't happen to GB at NO.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    NFL players all have embarrassing flubs. Adams was way more gooder than badder, you negative Nancy.
    proper names are capitalized, Moran.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Why is it an embarrassment? So the NFL has a weak division. Too god damn bad. If the division winner is so bad, then go crush them in their house or shut your pie hole. What would be far, far more embarrassing is to be that 12 win team that goes to a 6 win team and loses. Hopefully that won't happen to GB at NO.
    Even better would be for Seattle to go to New Orleans to followup the Beast Mode playoff game. I'm sure NO would like to repay the favor.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    Winners:
    Dom Capers
    Aaron Rodgers
    Jordy
    Lacy
    Cobb
    Stubby

Losers:
    Wist
    Crosby
    Belicheat
    Can't put me on the list of losers, b/c dunderummy largely did what I said he needed to do - the shock of it is, that he actually did it!!!

From what little I saw, he went mostly with 3 man lines, and when he did throw the 2-4 out there he crowded the line and filled gaps. Didn't see much of Hawk or Jones - but then again I haven't watched the whole game yet.

For the personnel we have, I've been calling for this defense for a few years now... the fact that dunderdummy is finally - finally - after years of embarrassment and dismal failures finally seeming to get it figured out isn't a feather in his cap. The idiot has subjected us to horrible football for 3+ years!!!
    wist

Winners:
    MM - Hell of a game plan, lots of new wrinkles to create mismatches, but without high risk gadgetry
    Capers - NE made their share of plays - they are too good not to - but the Packers defense was solid, made lots of stops and didn't let them have anything easy
    Barrington - Hard tackles on the opening drive set the tone
    O-line - Rodgers had unbelievable amounts of time. Sure NE was missing a prime rusher, but still it was incredible.

Loosers:
    Hawk - Pretty clear his time has come to an end
    Shields - Wrong way to 'use your head' on that play
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Winners:

Praise be unto McCarthy. They were just a few executions away from really pulling away from New England and playing defense with offense. Great game against a good defense.
    Capers also had good game plan tarnished mostly by execution problems, namely making any running back look impossible to tackle.
    The Fans deserve credit, this is a totally different supercharged team at home.

Lots of players who everyone else will mention and James Starks. How about that catch? We've always heard he's got hands and route running skills but seeing is believing. Where has this been the last 4 years?

Losers:

Anyone who bets against this team in Lambeau.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    I'm with Woody. This was a solid team effort. Every man on the team made a mistake but covered it with great play most of the time. Missed tackles were made up for by great tackles made. Stubby had a game plan that worked, but most of all he had his players sky high for this one and they responded.

I read where one player commented that he was especially motivated by the pundits almost unanimous opinion the Pats would win.

One guy I will single out is Sam Barrington. He's now #1 on the depth chart at ILB and I hope he stays there. He played big and fast all afternoon.
    I'd like to add this:

I was impressed with the calm manner in which HC Mike McCarthy handled himself in this game. The way he allowed his horses to simply run.

He acted like the confident HC that he needs to be. Accepting the good and bad with an 'it is what it is' demeanor.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Routine FG
    40+with the severe crosswind is not routine. Notice what happened when the Pats kicker tried it in that end of the stadium.
    Way to straighten that out.

I recall a much worse Mason Crosby.

Karma Lads ... maintain the positive.

Moving forward the Green Bay Packers need to focus as heartedly as they did on the objective in Week 13 and as Packer fans we should stay calm and faithful. Believe in the power of positive karma; stop the panic attacks in the game day thread. Get a fricken grip on yourself. We've got a long way to go towards as Aaron Rodgers expressed "obtaining some lofty goals". As Green Bay Packer fans we're a part of that.

I'll add this:

Before this game not a whole lot of the experts on then tube we're willing to offer a check mark to Green Bay. I played with the eventual result of this game. Frankly I believed that the New England Patriots and all the hype that comes with that team was 'a big hurdle'. Winning football games after proper preparation comes down to winning the little battles. It often comes down to a second or an inch or less. It comes down to second effort and 60 minutes of focused desire to win every battle.

There can be 'only one' winner and yesterday in this huge game for both sides it was our team. If our team could somehow tackle better the Green Bay Packers would look like the Seattle Seahawks plus.

That was a terrific win. Lets simply just celebrate that. The Green Bay Packers have a whole load of really tough battles on the field ahead of them. Now it's time. It's time for all of us to truly feel like the New England Patriots. Every game is huge to win. Every game is a statement on the teams season.

I was amazed and impressed at the painful and respectful emotion of Bill Belichick in his post game presser. He informed us Packer fans just how good the 2014 edition of the Green Bay Packers is. I suggest that we all believe in that with all our might. We have members here that have incredible faith in the Packers. We all should be more like them. I include myself in that group that has some or too much doubt. I'm going to try and work on that. If I was totally there yesterday I'd be leading the Pro Pickem standings today. I'm trying to school myself RE: that.

Finally no matter how I post here or lay my points or bets each and every week I'm foremost always a Green Bay Packer fan. I'm first for a Packer win.

I suggest to you that in his incredible passion that wist43 is as well. wist43 is a solid Green Bay Packer fan. That member shouldn't be taking heat because he see's it a certain way and tries to school us in that.

GO PACKERS ! GO PACK GO !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 12-01-2014 at 01:23 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Winner:
    Adams
    Loser:
    Adams

He is versatile though. Someone must have said something to him about the team missing James Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post

Lots of players who everyone else will mention and James Starks. How about that catch? We've always heard he's got hands and route running skills but seeing is believing. Where has this been the last 4 years?
    \
    Other than Barrington's snaps, Starks catch was the big surprise. When he and Rodgers are playing catch, it looks like they don't exist in the same time frame. Maybe the solution is to send him deep.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Winner:
    Adams
    Loser:
    Adams

He is versatile though. Someone must have said something to him about the team missing James Jones.
    Should have been over the shoulder then. With a slant, it would be a Jones bobble.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    I'd like to add this:

I was impressed with the calm manner in which HC Mike McCarthy handled himself in this game. The way he allowed his horses to simply run.

He acted like the confident HC that he needs to be. Accepting the good and bad with an 'it is what it is' demeanor.
    You say this because you think McCarthy's usual game time demeanor is Harbaugh-like spasticity?

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Can't put me on the list of losers, b/c dunderummy largely did what I said he needed to do - the shock of it is, that he actually did it!!!

From what little I saw, he went mostly with 3 man lines, and when he did throw the 2-4 out there he crowded the line and filled gaps. Didn't see much of Hawk or Jones - but then again I haven't watched the whole game yet.

For the personnel we have, I've been calling for this defense for a few years now... the fact that dunderdummy is finally - finally - after years of embarrassment and dismal failures finally seeming to get it figured out isn't a feather in his cap. The idiot has subjected us to horrible football for 3+ years!!!
    Classic Wist. You abuse Dom Capers left, right, and center, but when his defense keeps the Pats to 21 points it's no credit to Capers - it's because he finally followed your advice! No, even when the Packer defense plays well, it's no credit to Capers.

And...part of your complaining was that "Dunderdummy" would refuse to double or bracket Gronk, and that would mean, and I am paraphrasing you, that Gronk would score at least three touchdowns (you mentioned that if the over-under on number of Gronk touchdowns was 2.5, you'd take the over).

As far as I could tell, Capers refused to double or bracket Gronk, yet somehow, miraculously, the Patriots only scored 21, and I don't think Gronk scored those three touchdowns you were so sure he'd get.

But don't forget to trot out your old schtick about how, really, the other team screwed it up. In this case, I imagine you'll say that if Belichek had run the ball lots more, the Patriots would've surely won.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

^^^^ To summarize: Heads, I win; tails you lose!

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    As far as I could tell, Capers refused to double or bracket Gronk, yet somehow, miraculously, the Patriots only scored 21, and I don't think Gronk scored those three touchdowns you were so sure he'd get..
    They did not. Some occasional zone, but mostly man on man with the safeties Hyde, Dix and Burnett.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Classic Wist. You abuse Dom Capers left, right, and center, but when his defense keeps the Pats to 21 points it's no credit to Capers - it's because he finally followed your advice! No, even when the Packer defense plays well, it's no credit to Capers.

And...part of your complaining was that "Dunderdummy" would refuse to double or bracket Gronk, and that would mean, and I am paraphrasing you, that Gronk would score at least three touchdowns (you mentioned that if the over-under on number of Gronk touchdowns was 2.5, you'd take the over).

As far as I could tell, Capers refused to double or bracket Gronk, yet somehow, miraculously, the Patriots only scored 21, and I don't think Gronk scored those three touchdowns you were so sure he'd get.

But don't forget to trot out your old schtick about how, really, the other team screwed it up. In this case, I imagine you'll say that if Belichek had run the ball lots more, the Patriots would've surely won.
    I haven't watched the game... the only play that stands out in my mind was the play in the end zone that was single coverage, good coverage, and Gronk dropped a pass that he could have held on to, but again, the coverage was very good.

As for dunderdummy - is he not playing the fronts the way I've said he needed to play it?? Yes he is... and the results have been very promising. As I've said, I like the players, and I've liked a lot of them for a few years now - my bitch has been that they haven't been used right.

Now that they are being used correctly, and we are getting much better results - the fact is - my arguments have been shown to be correct.

I will give dunderdummy credit for a game, or for 2 1/2 games in the last 4 - for finally getting his head out of his ass - but in no way can he be trusted. He is as likely to come out next week and play a 1-5 as he is to continue to take full advantage of the personnel he has available to him. I said the moment we hired him that he has it in him to be a good DC, but that he can't be trusted - that has proven to be true.

The guy has a long, long history in the league - and he's been fired from every place he's ever been b/c he has an MO of diminishing results; he also has an MO of being very, very capable... can't begin to imagine what goes thru his head when he throws those shitty game plans together, but he certainly does it on a regular enough basis to get fired everywhere he's been - everywhere but here.

He really should have been fired a long time ago - and I surely am not the only who has called for his head. I may be a leader on the bandwagon, but the bandwagon surely isn't a lonely one.
    wist

Was Brad Jones a healthy scratch??

I didn't notice Hawk... was he benched??

Heard Lattimore got hurt - did he start??
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Was Brad Jones a healthy scratch??

I didn't notice Hawk... was he benched??

Heard Lattimore got hurt - did he start??
    Hawk played sparingly
    Lattimore was hurt on ST I believe
    Didn't realize Jones was inactive. Will wonders never cease!

Barrington played OK. Some good plays against the run and some not so good. Mainly replacing Hawk in the nickle I believe? Someone can correct me on that.

Brad Jones had a single snap on defense
    Lattimore injured on ST
    Hawk played in the base 3-4, and I think he got a handful of snaps in the nickel when Barrington needed a break
    CM3 played every snap
    Go PACK

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Brad Jones was active.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers