Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Head Coach Exit Watch - Five NFL head coaches who will be fired. Really?

Head Coach Exit Watch - Five NFL head coaches who will be fired. Really?

Monday 1 Dec. 2014

We're learning enough at this point in the season that this topic can be a part of our discussion:

For weeks now it's been Chicago Bears HC Marc Trestman is all but done with the Bears.

Last week we read that the NY Jets HC Rex 'Sexy' Ryan can pack his bags to leave New York. He's all but jettisoned.

Today all the news in New York is down on the Giants HC Tom Coughlin. The Giants blew a huge lead in Jacksonville and just handed the Jags that game.

I've seen some great stuff from all three of these men but when it's time to go ...it's time to go.

After the Thanksgiving Day loss to the Seattle Seahawks it was all dark for the 49ers HC Jim Harbaugh.

Yesterday Sunday Nov. 30, 2014 Atlanta HC Mike Smith and the Falcons had a huge win at home over the Arizona Cardinals. Was that enough for Mike Smith after all that has been bad for the falcons over the past two seasons? Mike Smith's name has come up for weeks as one Head Coach who will be removed.

Read On:

http://bloguin.com/thisgivensunday/2...-be-fired.html

Five NFL head coaches who will be fired

Posted by Matt Verderame on Nov 29, 2014 14:59
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 12-01-2014 at 06:41 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozan...-tom-coughlin/

11/30/2014 @ 11:48AM 2,045 views

It Would Be Stupid For Giants To Fire Tom Coughlin
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...step_down.html

Sunday Nov. 30, 2014:

Tony Dungy calls for Giants coach Tom Coughlin to step down.

" Dungy said on NBC's "Football Night in America" that Couglin shouldn't be fired, but needed to step down. The Giants (3-9) have dropped seven straight and seem destined to finish with their worst record since Coughlin's first season with the team. "

Please click the LINK for the rest of this story.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    That's ridiculous of Dungy to say that. Why would you leave that 7 million dollars (his projected 2015 base) on the table by leaving? Out of embarrassment? Please! Coughlin may get fired, but then at least he gets his buyout figure.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    That's ridiculous of Dungy to say that. Why would you leave that 7 million dollars (his projected 2015 base) on the table by leaving? Out of embarrassment? Please! Coughlin may get fired, but then at least he gets his buyout figure.
    Yes. Tom Coughlin works his tail off. The problems with that team shouldn't be focused on the teams Head Coach.

There is way too much other going on.

Tony Dungy surprized me. Tiki Barber's opinion didn't.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Coughlin? Why not Reese or Eli Manning?

I'd never fire Coughlin after two recent superbowls.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Tom Coughlin should stay, unless forced into retirement due to the debilitating humiliation of rosacea.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Gamblin' Rat
    Harbaugh is out but it has nothing to do with performance. Management and by rumor many of the players hate him and want him out. He could win the SB and they would still trade him away.

Coughlin has nine lives - he's not going anywhere.
    Trestman, well, that would be just like the Bears. Things aren't great this year, but it's not all on him, and it hasn't been a tire fire. He needs more time to show if he can get it right. Of course, if things continue to go bad, I'm all for him sticking around then too!
    Ryan IS a tire fire. I'd say he's entering Matt Millen territory, but he could well succeed as DC - just get him out of that top job.
    Who knows with Harbaugh. Did anyone see him and Kaepernick during the warmup before the Seahawks game? He was pounding on the QB's pad, then Kap did the same back to him and I couldn't decide if it was part of the pumping each other up, or if he was enjoying hammering his coach.
    Smith? I'm sure I don't know. He seems to be without personality. Seems like that team should be ok, but it sure isn't.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...bout-harbaugh/

49ers have a decision to make about Harbaugh

Posted by Mike Florio on November 28, 2014, 12:27 AM EST

Note: The comments are interesting.

How do you solve a problem like JimHarbaugh?
    How do you catch a man child, and pin it down?
    How do you find a word that means JimHarbaugh?
    A tantrum! A contortionist! A clown!
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    How do you solve a problem like JimHarbaugh?
    How do you catch a man child, and pin it down?
    How do you find a word that means JimHarbaugh?
    A tantrum! A contortionist! A clown!
    Where will he land?
    We know not where.
    Where will he land?
    Do we care?
    In my heart, I hope he's a Bear!

http://www.bigblueview.com/2014/12/1...tinue-coaching

Giants Morning Report: Tom Coughlin 'absolutely' wants to continue coaching

By: Ed Valentine  @Valentine_Ed on Dec 1 2014, 7:53 AM

" If the New York Giants want to move on from the Tom Coughlin era, it certainly doesn't sound as if the 68-year-old head coach is going to make it easy on an organization that loves him. After the embarrassment of Sunday's 25-24 loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars, the Giants' seventh straight, Coughlin told Steve Serby of the New York Post that he "absolutely" wants to continue coaching."

Please click on the LINK for the rest of this story.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...-want-to-make/

Tom Coughlin and the firing the Giants don’t want to make

By: Cindy Boren ... December 1, 2014

" On Sunday, the New York Giants didn’t just lose, they fell to the Jacksonville Jaguars with a dispiriting performance that has the team pondering something it finds inherently distasteful.

Is it time for Tom Coughlin to go? "

Please click on the LINK for the rest of this story.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Where will he land?
    We know not where.
    Where will he land?
    Do we care?
    In my heart, I hope he's a Bear!
    From watching the Jim Harbaugh 'Watch'.

The best bet now seems to be a destination following the 2014 season with 'no move':

Oakland

Jim Harbaugh's wife is rumored to really like where she lives now. Jim Harbaugh can take over coaching in Oakland and remain in his existing dwelling. That makes 'Wife' happy.

I enjoy watching the manner in which Jim Harbaugh frustrates the media with their 'none of their business' questioning. He has one focus and responds to questions concerning that. That being that week and how he's preparing his team to win that weeks game.

I was surprised the Oakland coach wasn't listed, but I guess it was too much of a stretch to consider them an NFL team.

Trestman was supposed to be an offensive guru and QB whisperer, but Cutler and company have regressed badly this year. The defense sucking up a storm certainly hurts him, but it is the offensive problems that will likely doom him.

Ryan is the anti QB whisperer. QB's steadily regress under his teachings. Just look at Sanchez (when not facing GB), vs anything he did in NY. It doesn't matter who they pick, Rex will wreck 'em.

Harbaugh may get the axe for personal reasons, but SF will likely get worse because of it.

Coughlin has enough hardware to survive, but the Giants will be in a tough position. I can't see them extending him at age 69 (next season), but teams hate to have a coach in the last season of his contract. Maybe if he announces that he will retire after 2015, he can get the players to rally around him.

Smith is a tough call. They are probably suffering some of the effects of trading up for Jones, but he is on thin ice. If he fired coordinators after last year, he may go, otherwise he might survive by firing the DC.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

It's much more likely that Harbaugh goes to Oakland than he goes to where so many Michigan fans want him to, which is Ann Arbor.

Personally, I don't want him in Ann Arbor. He's a short-term guy - no matter where he goes, there will be general unhappiness and drama in about five years. That's not what's needed at ol' U of Michigan.

And I think the guy is an ass, personally.

Da Bears...do they ditch Cutler and keep Trestman, or are their fates entwined?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I wanted Hairball at U of MI back when he was at Stanford, but now, not so much. I can't believe what a cock that guy turned out to be.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    I was surprised the Oakland coach wasn't listed, but I guess it was too much of a stretch to consider them an NFL team.

Trestman was supposed to be an offensive guru and QB whisperer, but Cutler and company have regressed badly this year. The defense sucking up a storm certainly hurts him, but it is the offensive problems that will likely doom him.

Ryan is the anti QB whisperer. QB's steadily regress under his teachings. Just look at Sanchez (when not facing GB), vs anything he did in NY. It doesn't matter who they pick, Rex will wreck 'em.

Harbaugh may get the axe for personal reasons, but SF will likely get worse because of it.

Coughlin has enough hardware to survive, but the Giants will be in a tough position. I can't see them extending him at age 69 (next season), but teams hate to have a coach in the last season of his contract. Maybe if he announces that he will retire after 2015, he can get the players to rally around him.

Smith is a tough call. They are probably suffering some of the effects of trading up for Jones, but he is on thin ice. If he fired coordinators after last year, he may go, otherwise he might survive by firing the DC.
    What about the other Smith? Lovie, that is.

Tampa is a train wreck, but guess not much was expected.

They blew last weeks game with Cincy by having 12 men on the field for 2 consecutive plays in the last minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    It's much more likely that Harbaugh goes to Oakland than he goes to where so many Michigan fans want him to, which is Ann Arbor.

Personally, I don't want him in Ann Arbor. He's a short-term guy - no matter where he goes, there will be general unhappiness and drama in about five years. That's not what's needed at ol' U of Michigan.

And I think the guy is an ass, personally.

Da Bears...do they ditch Cutler and keep Trestman, or are their fates entwined?
    I feel badly for Marc Trestman mainly because if he backed Jay Cutler...if he really believed that he could help improve Cutler as a NFL QB he was wrong.

Jay Cutler has to be removed in Chicago before that team has any real chance at playoffs and more. It looks to me like 'the Cutler NO Way' will take a decent man and coach down.