Thread: Head Coach Exit Watch - Five NFL head coaches who will be fired. Really?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    It is Woody. But if M3 and T2 went 9 years with 8 playoff appearances and 2 SB losses, all but four people on this board would be ready to scuttle the ship. Someone would paste a Packer logo on that burning Vikings ship pic of Joe's.

There are already several posters who think M3 should be gone for the 1-3 playoff record in the last 3 years.

But more importantly, that post was to stick a pin in Tank's Sherman parade balloon. Sherman was a pop star, a one hit wonder who was trying the same formula over and over to score another hit. Like Nena, Wang Chung, Wall of Voodoo or Wham! He wasn't geared for long term team building. In fact, Sherman wasn't even as long term as Tank's favorite band Coldplay.

Thompson's plan is the only way you can sustain success without drafting high. A lot of swings at the ball. BB is going to have to find a QB soon, Thompson already replaced one legend with another.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    It is Woody. But if M3 and T2 went 9 years with 8 playoff appearances and 2 SB losses, all but four people on this board would be ready to scuttle the ship. Someone would paste a Packer logo on that burning Vikings ship pic of Joe's.

There are already several posters who think M3 should be gone for the 1-3 playoff record in the last 3 years.

But more importantly, that post was to stick a pin in Tank's Sherman parade balloon. Sherman was a pop star, a one hit wonder who was trying the same formula over and over to score another hit. Like Nena, Wang Chung, Wall of Voodoo or Wham! He wasn't geared for long term team building. In fact, Sherman wasn't even as long term as Tank's favorite band Coldplay.

Thompson's plan is the only way you can sustain success without drafting high. A lot of swings at the ball. BB is going to have to find a QB soon, Thompson already replaced one legend with another.
    pbmax I'm fairly intense when it comes to my teams doing the best they might. I'm like that because I expect a lot from myself. I observe things carefully and feel I usually arrive at a fair/decent place when it comes to judgement.

There have been things that MM and TT have done that pissed me off. I had to get used to Aaron Rodgers as the Packer QB. I recognize Aaron Rodgers as a very special person and talent. Today I'm in a good place with all three of these important Packer people. I'm positive that what I think/want as a fan matters little in terms of how the Green Bay Packer ship is maintained, equipped and sailed.

Sometimes as a fan I get emotional. I feel disappointment 'only' when I hope for something unrealistic. I do feel disappointment. I get stuff off my chest for a day or two (maybe three) and then get my kilt twisted to where it should be. I don't think it helps to comment either way on Mike Sherman's time as an important hire for the organization. I believe in some ways he did extremely well. He failed in others as us humans are sometimes prone to do.

Ted Thompson had a plan and I hope he challenged himself to improve that plan. RE: Drafting and the numbers game. I like ice cream more than skim milk. I believe that Mike McCarthy has overall been a dedicated HC. I'm impressed that he allows his gifted QB to call a large balance of the plays.

I'm in a happy place as a Green Bay Packer fan.

GO PACKERS ! GO PACK GO !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Are you admitting that Coldplay is a great band? Coldplay is indeed great. Greatest rock band since the original Plastic Ono Band.