Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
I was surprised the Oakland coach wasn't listed, but I guess it was too much of a stretch to consider them an NFL team.

Trestman was supposed to be an offensive guru and QB whisperer, but Cutler and company have regressed badly this year. The defense sucking up a storm certainly hurts him, but it is the offensive problems that will likely doom him.

Ryan is the anti QB whisperer. QB's steadily regress under his teachings. Just look at Sanchez (when not facing GB), vs anything he did in NY. It doesn't matter who they pick, Rex will wreck 'em.

Harbaugh may get the axe for personal reasons, but SF will likely get worse because of it.

Coughlin has enough hardware to survive, but the Giants will be in a tough position. I can't see them extending him at age 69 (next season), but teams hate to have a coach in the last season of his contract. Maybe if he announces that he will retire after 2015, he can get the players to rally around him.

Smith is a tough call. They are probably suffering some of the effects of trading up for Jones, but he is on thin ice. If he fired coordinators after last year, he may go, otherwise he might survive by firing the DC.
What about the other Smith? Lovie, that is.

Tampa is a train wreck, but guess not much was expected.

They blew last weeks game with Cincy by having 12 men on the field for 2 consecutive plays in the last minute.