Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Head Coach Exit Watch - Five NFL head coaches who will be fired. Really?

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Sherman did generally manage in a Belichick way, if you're frame of comparison is BB in NE from 2005 until 2013.
    Compare and contrast. They're similar.

Sherman did generally manage in a Belichick way, if you're frame of comparison is BB in NE from 2005 until 2013.

2013 NFL New England Patriots* Lost Conf
    2012 NFL New England Patriots* Lost Conf
    2011 NFL New England Patriots* Lost SB
    2010 NFL New England Patriots* Lost Div
    2009 NFL New England Patriots* Lost WC
    2008 NFL New England Patriots Did Not Qualify
    2007 NFL New England Patriots* Lost SB
    2006 NFL New England Patriots* Lost Conf
    2005 NFL New England Patriots* Lost Div
    That's five conference Championship games in nine seasons and two Super Bowl appearances.

That's really good.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Oh. For. Fux. Sake.

BJ Sander.

<shermansleeping.gif>
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    In short, incompetent.
    WOE to the 31 teams with the incompetent non-Belichick front offices! WOE AND LAMENT!!

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    BJ Sander.
    R-Kal Truluck

It is Woody. But if M3 and T2 went 9 years with 8 playoff appearances and 2 SB losses, all but four people on this board would be ready to scuttle the ship. Someone would paste a Packer logo on that burning Vikings ship pic of Joe's.

There are already several posters who think M3 should be gone for the 1-3 playoff record in the last 3 years.

But more importantly, that post was to stick a pin in Tank's Sherman parade balloon. Sherman was a pop star, a one hit wonder who was trying the same formula over and over to score another hit. Like Nena, Wang Chung, Wall of Voodoo or Wham! He wasn't geared for long term team building. In fact, Sherman wasn't even as long term as Tank's favorite band Coldplay.

Thompson's plan is the only way you can sustain success without drafting high. A lot of swings at the ball. BB is going to have to find a QB soon, Thompson already replaced one legend with another.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Repped for being a teenager in the 80's.

But I can't believe you think Wham! Was a one-hit wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Repped for being a teenager in the 80's.

But I can't believe you think Wham! Was a one-hit wonder.
    I couldn't wear that T-Shirt any more.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Dear Lord. I now have "Last Christmas" going through my head.

Sherman was NOT "mortgaging" the future when he cleared up some short-term spaces to sign the likes of Joe Johnson. Sure, Johnson turned out to be a so-called "bust," but the Packers needed a DE at that time and Johnson was the best DE available in free agency.
    Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Thompson is a significantly better GM than Sherman, when you look at the big picture. The best free agent acquisitions we've had in the past 10-15 years have been Woodson and Pickett. Were those a result of Thompson or Sherman?

Third best might be Peppers, too.
    None of those guys were considered elite free agents. Wood, everybody thought he was washed up. Pickett, fat and married to a hot chick, was easy to lure b/c he didn't need the night life of the big cities. Pepper, past his prime.

The facts favor Belichick in the Belichick Way vs Thompson Way argument. Sherman ran the Packers the Belichick way. If given more time, I seriously believe Sherman woulda won more than a "fluke" SB with the Packers.
    So, let me see if I understand correctly. In your opinion, evidence that Sherman was a better GM than TT includes the facts that:

- Sherman was able to sign Joe Johnson, "the best DE available in free agency" who gave the Packers nothing; while
    - TT signed Woodson who others thought was washed up but went on to win DPOY and lead the Packers to a Super Bowl win.

Is that right?
    Last edited by Patler; 01-06-2015 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    So, let me see if I understand correctly. In your opinion, evidence that Sherman was a better GM than TT includes the facts that:

- Sherman was able to sign Joe Johnson, "the best DE available in free agency" (your words from an earlier post) who gave the Packers nothing; while
    - TT signed Woodson who others thought was washed up but went on to win DPOY and lead the Packers to a Super Bowl win.

Is that right?
    So there's this sign outside of a Legion that says:

When entering please remove your hat and don't chew gum.

So this little fella get inside and he's wearing a baseball cap on backwards and chewing gum and blowing huge popping bubbles.

Do you smack him up the side of the head?
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    So this little fella get inside and he's wearing a baseball cap on backwards and chewing gum and blowing huge popping bubbles.
    shouldn't this go in the Manziel thread?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

It is Woody. But if M3 and T2 went 9 years with 8 playoff appearances and 2 SB losses, all but four people on this board would be ready to scuttle the ship. Someone would paste a Packer logo on that burning Vikings ship pic of Joe's.

There are already several posters who think M3 should be gone for the 1-3 playoff record in the last 3 years.

But more importantly, that post was to stick a pin in Tank's Sherman parade balloon. Sherman was a pop star, a one hit wonder who was trying the same formula over and over to score another hit. Like Nena, Wang Chung, Wall of Voodoo or Wham! He wasn't geared for long term team building. In fact, Sherman wasn't even as long term as Tank's favorite band Coldplay.

Thompson's plan is the only way you can sustain success without drafting high. A lot of swings at the ball. BB is going to have to find a QB soon, Thompson already replaced one legend with another.
    pbmax I'm fairly intense when it comes to my teams doing the best they might. I'm like that because I expect a lot from myself. I observe things carefully and feel I usually arrive at a fair/decent place when it comes to judgement.

There have been things that MM and TT have done that pissed me off. I had to get used to Aaron Rodgers as the Packer QB. I recognize Aaron Rodgers as a very special person and talent. Today I'm in a good place with all three of these important Packer people. I'm positive that what I think/want as a fan matters little in terms of how the Green Bay Packer ship is maintained, equipped and sailed.

Sometimes as a fan I get emotional. I feel disappointment 'only' when I hope for something unrealistic. I do feel disappointment. I get stuff off my chest for a day or two (maybe three) and then get my kilt twisted to where it should be. I don't think it helps to comment either way on Mike Sherman's time as an important hire for the organization. I believe in some ways he did extremely well. He failed in others as us humans are sometimes prone to do.

Ted Thompson had a plan and I hope he challenged himself to improve that plan. RE: Drafting and the numbers game. I like ice cream more than skim milk. I believe that Mike McCarthy has overall been a dedicated HC. I'm impressed that he allows his gifted QB to call a large balance of the plays.

I'm in a happy place as a Green Bay Packer fan.

GO PACKERS ! GO PACK GO !

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    First of all, the Cap wasn't in "great" shape when Wolf turned the throne over to Sherman. Remember, it was that Wolf of Lombardi Ave who handed out large contracts to Freeman and Levens, among others.

2ndly, alotta Wolf's core players' contracts were expiring. Sherman efficiently managed to cap to retain them.

Sherman wasn't stupid. He knew the cap was gonna be inflated once the NFL and the Networks struck a new deal. Therefore, Sherman was NOT "mortgaging" the future when he cleared up some short-term spaces to sign the likes of Joe Johnson. Sure, Johnson turned out to be a so-called "bust," but the Packers needed a DE at that time and Johnson was the best DE available in free agency.

When he has a need, you don't see Billechick hibernating in a closet and waiting for the draft.

Btw, Sherman's drafts produced the likes of J-Walk, Kampman, Corey Williams, Barnett, etc. His drafts were far from "horrible."
    Sherman made poor choices to not make sure he kept his studly OL together was horrible cap management. That was the heart of the team.

The 4 guys you listed were his entire draft success in 4 years. It was 3 guys really as J-Walk was a cancer. Really can almost be labeled a bust.

Sherman's so good he was fired what, 3 times since 2004? Washed out in college. Yep, just like Belichick since then. But feel free to keep making up your theories of what would have happened with Sherman. History has proven him to be exactly as pb described, a one-hit wonder who had his short time in the sun but was exposed.

But whatever. Stupid discussion to have given you'll just keep trolling this misguided thought process anyway.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Sherman made poor choices to not make sure he kept his studly OL together was horrible cap management. That was the heart of the team.

The 4 guys you listed were his entire draft success in 4 years. It was 3 guys really as J-Walk was a cancer. Really can almost be labeled a bust.

Sherman's so good he was fired what, 3 times since 2004? Washed out in college. Yep, just like Belichick since then. But feel free to keep making up your theories of what would have happened with Sherman. History has proven him to be exactly as pb described, a one-hit wonder who had his short time in the sun but was exposed.

But whatever. Stupid discussion to have given you'll just keep trolling this misguided thought process anyway.
    CC for leader!

Great post.

If you don't want him trollin', don't him have posting.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 19m19 minutes ago
    Giants have parted ways with defensive coordinator Perry Fewell, per league source.

Pretty sure he is still a good one.

I'm trying to re-focus this thread.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2015/01...n-makes-sense/

Why Mike Shanahan makes sense

Posted on January 6, 2015 at 10:26 pm by Kevin Lynch in ... 49ers, Coaches

Comment woodbuck27:

There's a lot of chatter that when the dust clears that it will be Fangio that they'll go with.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    CC for leader!

Great post.

If you don't want him trollin', don't him have posting.
    you dummies keep responding
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/1/6...ach-candidates

Mike Shanahan, Kyle Shanahan might be a package deal for 49ers, others

By: David Fucillo  @NinersNation on Jan 6 2015, 5:29p

Comment woodbuck27:

Are the Shanahan stars aligning again?

I will buy a 49ers jersey if it helps get the Shanahans both to San Fransisco. Even the Bears don't deserve that.