Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Head Coach Exit Watch - Five NFL head coaches who will be fired. Really?

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I will buy a 49ers jersey if it helps get the Shanahans both to San Fransisco. Even the Bears don't deserve that.
    I like the Bears > the 49ers.

I don't like the Cowboys. I really don't like the 49ers !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Rat Starter
    But more importantly, that post was to stick a pin in Tank's Sherman parade balloon. Sherman was a pop star, a one hit wonder who was trying the same formula over and over to score another hit. Like Nena, Wang Chung, Wall of Voodoo or Wham! He wasn't geared for long term team building. In fact, Sherman wasn't even as long term as Tank's favorite band Coldplay.
    Are you admitting that Coldplay is a great band? Coldplay is indeed great. Greatest rock band since the original Plastic Ono Band.

Rat Starter
    I will buy a 49ers jersey if it helps get the Shanahans both to San Fransisco. Even the Bears don't deserve that.
    Shanahan won 2 SBs. He's a good coach. Or is he but a one hit wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Shanahan won 2 SBs. He's a good coach. Or is he but a one hit wonder?
    Was a good coach. Have you seen anything since 1998 that argues he remains above average? He did briefly give life to Brian Griese and Jake Plummer. Cutler too, though mediocrity cost both of them their jobs. He had some success when his son ran a modified version of Baylor's offense for RGIII.

But does his track record suggest finding the best fit for Colin Kaepernick? Or, like me, does the saying "square peg in round hole" come to mind?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Sherman made poor choices to not make sure he kept his studly OL together was horrible cap management. That was the heart of the team.

The 4 guys you listed were his entire draft success in 4 years. It was 3 guys really as J-Walk was a cancer. Really can almost be labeled a bust.

Sherman's so good he was fired what, 3 times since 2004? Washed out in college. Yep, just like Belichick since then. But feel free to keep making up your theories of what would have happened with Sherman. History has proven him to be exactly as pb described, a one-hit wonder who had his short time in the sun but was exposed.

But whatever. Stupid discussion to have given you'll just keep trolling this misguided thought process anyway.
    WTF are you talking about? Sherman kept Wolf's "studley" OL intact until Thompson showed up. Despite not once having $35 M of cap space to throw down the drain, Sherman was able to retain Clifton, Tausher, Rivera and Wahle. And those guys didn't come cheap. Sherman drafted Wells.

Sherman wasn't given enough time to lead the Packers to the SB. Remember, Thompson's first 4 seasons as GM, he missed the playoffs 3 times with records like 4-12, 6-10 and 8-8. Sherman NEVER missed the playoffs as GM.

I'm not trolling. I will defend Sherman until the sun stops making nuclear babies and morphs into a red dwarf and gollops up the earth.

This thread is about future NFL team moves RE: Head Coach's and other non player personnel moves.

How did it become about Mike Sherman good or bad or indifferent GM/HC or HC with a Green Bay Packer Team circa 2000-2005!?

Going down that road 'only' leads to 'no good' here at Packerrats.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    This thread is about future NFL team moves RE: Head Coach's and other non player personnel moves.

How did it become about Mike Sherman good or bad or indifferent GM/HC or HC with a Green Bay Packer Team circa 2000-2005!?

Going down that road 'only' leads to 'no good' here at Packerrats.
    A'right.

I rest my case.

A'right.

I rest my case.
    Thatsabest !

Rat Starter
    Was a good coach. Have you seen anything since 1998 that argues he remains above average? He did briefly give life to Brian Griese and Jake Plummer. Cutler too, though mediocrity cost both of them their jobs. He had some success when his son ran a modified version of Baylor's offense for RGIII.

But does his track record suggest finding the best fit for Colin Kaepernick? Or, like me, does the saying "square peg in round hole" come to mind?
    I don't think Cutler was average in Denver. He was considered by the experts to be a rising star. New coach, McDaniel, and Cutler couldn't get along.

Would Shanahan be a good fit for the Niners, especially now that they lack a pure WCO QB? Don't know. Don't care.

Cutler's QB rank by DVOA, 2007-present

11th, 7th, 30th, 30th, 21st, 27th, 13th, 21st

Rodgers' since 2008:

9th, 4th, 4th, 1st, 4th, 4th, 1st

Does lend to the idea that Cutler was good in Denver.

WTF are you talking about? Sherman kept Wolf's "studley" OL intact until Thompson showed up. Despite not once having $35 M of cap space to throw down the drain, Sherman was able to retain Clifton, Tausher, Rivera and Wahle. And those guys didn't come cheap. Sherman drafted Wells.

Sherman wasn't given enough time to lead the Packers to the SB. Remember, Thompson's first 4 seasons as GM, he missed the playoffs 3 times with records like 4-12, 6-10 and 8-8. Sherman NEVER missed the playoffs as GM.

I'm not trolling. I will defend Sherman until the sun stops making nuclear babies and morphs into a red dwarf and gollops up the earth.
    You should see if www.pearshapedloser.com is available.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Just a question for Tank, who is the only Packer GM not to win a Super Bowl during his tenure in the last 24 years?
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Just a question for Tank, who is the only Packer GM not to win a Super Bowl during his tenure in the last 24 years?
    ThunderDan off the top rope, bringing the elbow drop.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    absolutely, except the Bears part.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    ThunderDan off the top rope, bringing the elbow drop.
    The troll has been called on his M2 BS.....don't feed the trolls.
    C.H.U.D.

Troll feeding aside, How lucky are we as Packers fans?

Maybe TT can luck into another title this year. If so, I'm willing to concede his point. Call it whatever you want, as long as we win!

Let it go away...please. Your screwing with this thread.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-08-2015 at 07:27 AM.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ry/rumor-mill/

Mark Davis: I’m not an Xs and Os guy, John Madden helps me

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 8, 2015, 8:16 AM EST

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...287879551.html

Tom Rossley versus Shaun Herock and Mark Hatley

No contest. Always listen to your coaches.

Jose Fuentes > Tony Romo
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.