Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Head Coach Exit Watch - Five NFL head coaches who will be fired. Really?

I was not impressed by his demeanor in the PC clips nfl.com showed. Obviously that doesn't matter if you draft the right players...

The Browns are trolling us, right? Charlie Weiss?
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...eis-of-course/
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...or-candidates/

Greg Roman, Kyle Shanahan among Rams’ coordinator candidates

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 10, 2015, 9:43 AM EST
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    The Browns are trolling us, right? Charlie Weiss?
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...eis-of-course/
    That's a very strange place for playing Pro sports.

The doomed organization...anything might happen in Cleveland.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Charlie Weiss has been a successful NFL OC. If that is the role, its understandable. If he is interviewing for Pettine's job, then that is trouble.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Zook is on the short list for Louisiana State DC.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...288129891.html

Assistant special teams coach Ron Zook is being considered by Louisiana State as defensive coordinator, a source told the Journal Sentinel.

The job has been vacant since Dec. 31 when John Chavis took the same job at Texas A&M.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 5h5 hours ago
    Rams requested permission to interview 49ers OC Greg Roman along with former Browns OC Kyle Shanahan for their OC vacancy.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 6h6 hours ago
    #Browns requested Greg Roman (#49ers), Al Saunders & John DeFilippo (#Raiders) to interview for their OC position. Marc Trestman will, too.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 5h5 hours ago
    Rams requested permission to interview 49ers OC Greg Roman along with former Browns OC Kyle Shanahan for their OC vacancy.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 6h6 hours ago
    #Browns requested Greg Roman (#49ers), Al Saunders & John DeFilippo (#Raiders) to interview for their OC position. Marc Trestman will, too.
    I can't help not feeling sad for Marc Trestman. This is a very good man.

Marc Trestman has demonstrated success in his career and he works hard.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    I can't help not feeling sad for Marc Trestman. This is a very good man.

Marc Trestman has demonstrated success in his career and he works hard.
    Unfortunately, he has no leadership skills. The Bears situation turned into a circus.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    Unfortunately, he has no leadership skills. The Bears situation turned into a circus.
    He certainly had such skills in Canada. Marc Trestman was loved in Montreal as the Alouettes Head Coach. Suddenly in Chicago he loses those skills?

That's a fricken load of bullshit !

I felt early in this season that Marc Trestman was in trouble.

Marc Trestman simply landed himself in a place that had to turn ugly for him. How would you like to coach a team with Jay Cutler as your starting QB? How would you coach a team where star players have had their day !?

One more observation The Shadow and respectfully:

if any NFL fans outside of Bear fans know the situation in the Chicago Bear organization very well. It's Green Bay Packer fans.

Your an informed Green Bay Packer fan.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-10-2015 at 10:42 AM.

He certainly had such skills in Canada.

Marc Trestman was loved in Montreal as the Alouettes Head Coach.

Suddenly in Chicago he loses those skills?

Marc Trestman simply landed himself in a place that had to turn ugly for him. How would you like to coach a team with Jay Cutler as your starting QB? How would you coach a team where star players have had their day !?
    He allowed Brandon Marshall to spiral out of control. He did not hold Jay Cutler accountable .
    His press conferences were downright embarrassing : after each brutal loss, he would claim the team was in "a good place:, had "great practices" - and worst of all, his players were all wonderfully "compliant".
    Very Lombardi-esce.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

Not sure Brandon spiraled out of control until the end, when it was cleat that team had failed and there was not much to play for.

What did Trestman in was his inability to manufacture offense like the year before while Cutler did not play better and his O line played significantly worse. There was no one to raise their game.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 4m4 minutes ago
    Two huge names to watch are Adam Gase & Dan Quinn. RT @jkingy21: @RapSheet who is the favorite for the niners?

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    He allowed Brandon Marshall to spiral out of control. He did not hold Jay Cutler accountable .
    His press conferences were downright embarrassing : after each brutal loss, he would claim the team was in "a good place:, had "great practices" - and worst of all, his players were all wonderfully "compliant".
    Very Lombardi-esce.
    He couldn't say I'm trying to coach a few disfunctionals and overall this team stinks.

The Pittsburgh Steelers Dick LeBeau resigns his DC position.

"I'm resigning this position, not retiring," LeBeau, 77, said. "I had a great run in Pittsburgh. I'm grateful for all the things that have happened to me and thankful for all the support I had in Pittsburgh."

See thread created on this resignation.

It's being reported on the NFL network (Ian Rapaport):

That Rex Ryan has been offered and will accept the HC position with the Buffalo Bills.

and this:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12...ext-head-coach

Bills to hire Rex Ryan as coach

Updated: January 11, 2015, 8:20 AM ET

ESPN.com news services

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    It's being reported on the NFL network (Ian Rapaport):

That Rex Ryan has been offered and will accept the HC position with the Buffalo Bills.

and this:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12...ext-head-coach

Bills to hire Rex Ryan as coach

Updated: January 11, 2015, 8:20 AM ET

ESPN.com news services
    Bad hire if true! They have the D in place. They need someone to improve the O and that certainly isn't Sexy Rexy.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    He certainly had such skills in Canada. Marc Trestman was loved in Montreal as the Alouettes Head Coach. Suddenly in Chicago he loses those skills?

I felt early in this season that Marc Trestman was in trouble.

One more observation The Shadow and respectfully:

if any NFL fans outside of Bear fans know the situation in the Chicago Bear organization very well. It's Green Bay Packer fans.

Your an informed Green Bay Packer fan.
    This was a sign of trouble back in training camp. http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story...ht-kyle-fuller A lot of strong personalities on that offense, it seems. How was a mild-mannered head coach going to work in that environment? I'm a little surprised that Rex Ryan didn't get more play. Teams seem to hire the opposite of what they had as far as coaching, and Ryan and Trestman are pretty much polar opposites.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    This was a sign of trouble back in training camp. http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story...ht-kyle-fuller A lot of strong personalities on that offense, it seems. How was a mild-mannered head coach going to work in that environment? I'm a little surprised that Rex Ryan didn't get more play. Teams seem to hire the opposite of what they had as far as coaching, and Ryan and Trestman are pretty much polar opposites.
    http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201...er_report.html

Ex-Jets coach Rex Ryan wants Marc Trestman as his next offensive coordinator, per report. Why?

Rex should have gone to Atlanta where he could be Marty Schottenheimer at Kansas City for several years. As it is ...

Girth Brooks @Pattric ยท 1h 1 hour ago
    --> RT @fergoe: Rex Ryan goes from a bad situation with no QB to a bad situation with no QB. He must really love the state of New York.

MIGHT NOT HAVE HAD A CHOICE

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2h2 hours ago
    The offer from the #Bills to Rex Ryan came late last night, source says. There was a thought the #Falcons would jump in. They did not.
    Last edited by pbmax; 01-11-2015 at 09:18 AM.