Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: Head Coach Exit Watch - Five NFL head coaches who will be fired. Really?

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Chicago has requested to speak with Tennessee Titans tight ends coach Mike Mularkey for their OC position.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Chicago has requested to speak with Tennessee Titans tight ends coach Mike Mularkey for their OC position.
    He has done some good things. Not sure if he can bury Cutler where no one can find him.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I thought the defensive signings worked pretty well? Pass rush seemed to disappear at times at the end of the year, and losing Dumervillhe was an unforced error.

But I just read that DRC and a couple of scrap head Jags actually helped quite a bit after last season's conflagration in the Super Bowl.
    Losing Dumerville hurt. He and Von Miller were deadly at times during the Tebow year.

They picked up Pot Roast Knighton last year off of the Jags and he's been a nice addition.

They had DRC last year and basically replaced him with Talib this year, both guys on 1 year deals. They signed TJ Ward and DeMarcus Ware this year, too. A lot of guys commented on Ware's leadership, but wore down at the end of the year and was just not as effective. Talib's been pretty good against lesser opponents but he got run around by Hilton. Part of that is on JDR for not moving Chris Harris over, maybe. TJ Ward has been pretty good but he got lost at times also.

You're probably right that the signings worked out pretty well, although I think their vision was a smothering defense like the Seahawks but they got one that was a slight upgrade over last year (8 v 9 in the FO rankings, though DVOA was ~3% better). It still couldn't get a stop when they needed a stop. I still think that the type of defense they were envisioning takes a few years to build just due to the communication involved and the necessary esprit de corps.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Losing Dumerville hurt. He and Von Miller were deadly at times during the Tebow year.

They picked up Pot Roast Knighton last year off of the Jags and he's been a nice addition.

They had DRC last year and basically replaced him with Talib this year, both guys on 1 year deals. They signed TJ Ward and DeMarcus Ware this year, too. A lot of guys commented on Ware's leadership, but wore down at the end of the year and was just not as effective. Talib's been pretty good against lesser opponents but he got run around by Hilton. Part of that is on JDR for not moving Chris Harris over, maybe. TJ Ward has been pretty good but he got lost at times also.

You're probably right that the signings worked out pretty well, although I think their vision was a smothering defense like the Seahawks but they got one that was a slight upgrade over last year (8 v 9 in the FO rankings, though DVOA was ~3% better). It still couldn't get a stop when they needed a stop. I still think that the type of defense they were envisioning takes a few years to build just due to the communication involved and the necessary esprit de corps.
    Yeah, its hard to go from good but vulnerable to smothering in one year, I see your point.

I actually don't envy Elway this situation. Favre was at least making a decision based on whether he wanted to go through another season. With Manning, there is the additional question of how his arm will heal and hold up.

How long did it take for Tramon to get full use of his arm/shoulder and return to form? It was definitely longer than one year. I want to say 2.5. I remember the second year back he didn't seem right yet. Not sure of that extended to year 3 of recovery.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

He has done some good things. Not sure if he can bury Cutler where no one can find him.
    A combination of Mularkey/Fox might indicate Bears are going to get serious about running the ball. That won't transform Cutler, but it might limit the INT's.

Low Profile Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    A combination of Mularkey/Fox might indicate Bears are going to get serious about running the ball. That won't transform Cutler, but it might limit the INT's.
    Uhhh, this is Jay Cutler you're talking about. Pretty sure Jay can hand off to Forte and still throw an interception. He's pretty amazing.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...f-its-offered/

(Gary) Kubiak plans to take Broncos job if it’s offered

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 18, 2015, 10:05 AM EST

Adam Schefter reports that Kubiak plans to accept the Broncos job if offered to him by his old friend and teammate, Broncos G.M. John Elway.

It appears that Kubiak is Elway’s first choice. All signs point to Kubiak getting the job.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Report out of Denver:

Jersey Al - ALLGBP ‏@JerseyAlGBP 14m14 minutes ago
    RT @TheOnion: Report: Peyton Manning Played Entire Season With 38-Year-Old Body http://onion.com/1udB4Sr

Report out of Denver:

Jersey Al - ALLGBP ‏@JerseyAlGBP 14m14 minutes ago
    RT @TheOnion: Report: Peyton Manning Played Entire Season With 38-Year-Old Body http://onion.com/1udB4Sr
    He's playing it up about as good as he might:

The report today is that Peyton Manning will miss the Pro Bowl.

Anybody here have the rights to take on any bets that Peyton Manning 'won't' return in 2015?

If so that person will win all bets.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...f-its-offered/

(Gary) Kubiak plans to take Broncos job if it’s offered

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 18, 2015, 10:05 AM EST
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...h-gary-kubiak/

Report: Broncos close to four-year deal with Gary Kubiak

Posted by Mike Wilkening on January 18, 2015, 9:19 PM EST

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    At least the Packers don't have to worry about losing coaches to other teams.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...re-head-coach/

Falcons hire offensive coordinator before head coach

Posted by Mike Florio on January 18, 2015, 10:31 PM EST

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    At least the Packers don't have to worry about losing coaches to other teams.
    Report that Alex Van Pelt could be in consideration for St. Louis OC job. Also a report that Cleveland may be interested in Clements for OC. That makes no sense to me. Why would Clements want to for to Cleveland for the same job? http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/289050451.html

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Report that Alex Van Pelt could be in consideration for St. Louis OC job. Also a report that Cleveland may be interested in Clements for OC. That makes no sense to me. Why would Clements want to for to Cleveland for the same job? http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/289050451.html
    RE: Clements to another organization:

More $$$$Money$$$$

More recognition and opportunity.

His resume is impressive and with TT and MM in place maybe Green Bay looks like a Dead End for him? Maybe it's simply time for a change?

" A licensed attorney, Clements worked from 1988-92 for Bell, Boyd & Lloyd (now known as K&L Gates), a Chicago-based law firm. He pursued his law degree during his playing career, graduating magna cum laude from Notre Dame’s School of Law in 1986. In 1994, while on the Notre Dame coaching staff, Clements was an adjunct associate professor of law at the university’s law school, where he taught “Sports and the Law.” ...."

RE: Clements to another organization:

More $$$$Money$$$$

More recognition and opportunity.

His resume is impressive and with TT and MM in place maybe Green Bay looks like a Dead end for him?

" A licensed attorney, Clements worked from 1988-92 for Bell, Boyd & Lloyd (now known as K&L Gates), a Chicago-based law firm. He pursued his law degree during his playing career, graduating magna cum laude from Notre Dame’s School of Law in 1986. In 1994, while on the Notre Dame coaching staff, Clements was an adjunct associate professor of law at the university’s law school, where he taught “Sports and the Law.” ...."
    If he's worried about dead ends, I don't think he'll go to Cleveland.

Has Slocum been fired yet?
    C.H.U.D.

And a name that just won't go away re-enters the arena.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ordinator-job/

He was so successful a decade ago, but doesn't seem to have been able to duplicate any of that success since.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 47m47 minutes ago
    Report: Bears hiring former 49ers defensive coordinator Vic Fangio http://wp.me/p14QSB-9GQz

Damn.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 47m47 minutes ago
    Report: Bears hiring former 49ers defensive coordinator Vic Fangio http://wp.me/p14QSB-9GQz

Damn.
    Agreed.
    C.H.U.D.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-coordinator/

Ravens hire Marc Trestman as offensive coordinator

Posted by Josh Alper on January 20, 2015, 3:39 PM EST