Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Head Coach Exit Watch - Five NFL head coaches who will be fired. Really?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post

The team that really impresses me is Buffalo. Their 7 guys are big, mean, fast and nasty. They need a lot to become big winners, but they play tough football where it counts all game long.
    QFT. They made Joe Thomas look like Marshmallow Outhouse. That is gonna be one hell of a dog fight up there.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    With Lovie's past record, I don't think they will fire him after one season, given where Tampa was to begin with. There would have to be something else besides the record to get Lovie fired. Similarly with Jacksonville, I don't see them giving this coach the axe after one season, even if they do suck.
    Except this is Bradley's 2nd year year in Jacksonville. His to date record is 6-22. If they lose out I could see the owner getting jumpy and bringing the ax.

It's much more likely that Harbaugh goes to Oakland than he goes to where so many Michigan fans want him to, which is Ann Arbor.

Personally, I don't want him in Ann Arbor. He's a short-term guy - no matter where he goes, there will be general unhappiness and drama in about five years. That's not what's needed at ol' U of Michigan.

And I think the guy is an ass, personally.

Da Bears...do they ditch Cutler and keep Trestman, or are their fates entwined?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    It's much more likely that Harbaugh goes to Oakland than he goes to where so many Michigan fans want him to, which is Ann Arbor.

Personally, I don't want him in Ann Arbor. He's a short-term guy - no matter where he goes, there will be general unhappiness and drama in about five years. That's not what's needed at ol' U of Michigan.

And I think the guy is an ass, personally.

Da Bears...do they ditch Cutler and keep Trestman, or are their fates entwined?
    I feel badly for Marc Trestman mainly because if he backed Jay Cutler...if he really believed that he could help improve Cutler as a NFL QB he was wrong.

Jay Cutler has to be removed in Chicago before that team has any real chance at playoffs and more. It looks to me like 'the Cutler NO Way' will take a decent man and coach down.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/...eat/vi-BBgC2I0

On the Hot Seat

120 Sports

Duration: 02:13 1 day ago

Which coaches are in position of losing their jobs? Our guys give you their list for the five coaches on the hottest of hot seats.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2014/1...fl-head-coach/

The Unwritten Rules of Hiring an NFL Head Coach

By: Sean Jensen @seankjensen on December 31, 2014

I wanted Hairball at U of MI back when he was at Stanford, but now, not so much. I can't believe what a cock that guy turned out to be.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Add the Washington Redskins HC Jay Gruden to the watch list:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...d-fire-gruden/

Report: Snyder, Allen may side with RG3 and fire Gruden

Posted by Michael David Smith on December 6, 2014, 5:17 PM EST

" The issue is that while Gruden appears to have concluded that Griffin isn’t the right person to be the franchise quarterback, owner Dan Snyder and G.M. Bruce Allen may not be on board with that conclusion. And if Snyder and Allen ultimately decide that they want Griffin to be their quarterback, while Gruden is adamant that he can’t win with Griffin, Snyder and Allen may decide to move on. "

Comment woodbuck27:

Isn't this becoming another soap box opera.

On NFL Total Access this Morn' Sunday Dec. 07, 2014:

Ian Rapaport reports that Chicago Bears 2nd year DC Mel Tucker will be done and replaced at the conclusion of this year.

In further news out of Chicago. it's being reported that the Bears aren't at all enamoured with QB Jay Cutler's performance. He has one more year of guaranteed money remaining in his current contract. The Chicagho Bears would trade him if some NFL team would just pick up his contract. Ohh sure !

It's so bad that it's rumoured to be the case that when the Bears fell behind Tampa bay in Week 12 that consideration was given to pulling Cutler at half time. The issue then became his backup Jimmy Clausen CANNOT BE DEPENDED ON. LOL.

So it appears to me that you can bet that Jay Cutler gets another kick at the can in 2015. After that something will have to give and starting QB for the Bears if Jay Cutler continues to SUCK.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 12-07-2014 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Add the Washington Redskins HC Jay Gruden to the watch list:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...d-fire-gruden/

Report: Snyder, Allen may side with RG3 and fire Gruden

Posted by Michael David Smith on December 6, 2014, 5:17 PM EST
    Doesn't Gruden have a 5 year fully guaranteed contract??? Holy smokes, that is a sweet deal.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Doesn't Gruden have a 5 year fully guaranteed contract??? Holy smokes, that is a sweet deal.
    Things should quiet down there:

Gruden's named RG III as his starting QB for the Week 16 game hosting Philly @ Washington.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...giii-vs-eagles

http://www.chicagobears.com/multimed...d-7dce38165633

Uncut Bears HC Marc Trestman ... Post MNF Presser Saints @ Bears 15 Dec. 2014.

PT Barnum was right.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet ยท 55m 55 minutes ago
    A surprise head coaching candidate: Former #49ers coach Mike Singletary. Several high-ranking people believe he’ll have a head job in 2015.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    ^
    It would almost be unfair fun if the Bears were to hire him. They'd probably have to dump the GM but you never know.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    It would almost be unfair fun if the Bears were to hire him. They'd probably have to dump the GM but you never know.
    I would actually feel bad for the Bears if the picked Singletary up. HC is definitely one tier above his level of maximum competence.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    I would actually feel bad for the Bears if the picked Singletary up. HC is definitely one tier above his level of maximum competence.
    So true, so true. I always loved the incongruous juxtaposition of the angry killer Singletary and the thoughtful sophisticate Singletary with his study glasses. Singletary: "Essentially, the central objective of professional football is to take the opponents' motherfucking head off"

If Harbaugh leaves/gets traded from the FortyWhiners, who goes there? Harbaugh is a very good coach, but he hasn't won a title yet, but he is acting like Holmgren did at the end, thinking he can gather and coach the talent. Let's see if someone dumb enough, COUGH, Oakland, COUGH, COUGH may be a destination.
    ATL job probably is open, lot of talk about Washington, being dumb enough to hang onto RG3 and dump the coach. Maybe it's because that Gruden is stupid enough to think he can build around Colt McCoy.
    Rex Ryan is gone in New York. The only thing that could save Coughlin with the Giants is that the Mara/Tisch family are very loyal. If the GMen tank it, he'll be out.
    Lovie's show is a train wreck in TB, but the team may give him one more year.
    Bradley's team does have moxie but if Shad Khan wants to remove the tarps from some of those seats in JAX, he needs to get a winner soon.
    If Chicago is stupid enough to keep Trestman and Cutler, I hope the Muppets of the Midway enjoy the NFC North cellar, they'll stay there until they dump them both. (and learn how to rebuild that defense)
    -digital dean

No "TROLLS" allowed!

Harbaugh is doing a full court press on the Raiders. He had an interview with a Bay Area guy this week with all of his fond recollections of Al Davis from the two years he was the QB coach and studied at Al's knee.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2...ders-al-davis/

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Harbaugh is doing a full court press on the Raiders. He had an interview with a Bay Area guy this week with all of his fond recollections of Al Davis from the two years he was the QB coach and studied at Al's knee.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2...ders-al-davis/
    Would the Raiders want a coach who was bad enough to lose to them?