Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Head Coach Exit Watch - Five NFL head coaches who will be fired. Really?

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    What about the other Smith? Lovie, that is.

Tampa is a train wreck, but guess not much was expected.

They blew last weeks game with Cincy by having 12 men on the field for 2 consecutive plays in the last minute.
    Tampa Bay so had that game wrapped until that fiasco.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

What about the other Smith? Lovie, that is.

Tampa is a train wreck, but guess not much was expected.

They blew last weeks game with Cincy by having 12 men on the field for 2 consecutive plays in the last minute.
    With Lovie's past record, I don't think they will fire him after one season, given where Tampa was to begin with. There would have to be something else besides the record to get Lovie fired. Similarly with Jacksonville, I don't see them giving this coach the axe after one season, even if they do suck.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    With Lovie's past record, I don't think they will fire him after one season, given where Tampa was to begin with. There would have to be something else besides the record to get Lovie fired. Similarly with Jacksonville, I don't see them giving this coach the axe after one season, even if they do suck.
    Yer right.

Jax and TB don't have a lot of talent, but..

All game long, their front 7's are coming at you, looking to knock your dick off.

That's hard to instill in an NFL team and those clubs have that kind of mojo. If either club can put together an effective offense, they will improve next year.

The team that really impresses me is Buffalo. Their 7 guys are big, mean, fast and nasty. They need a lot to become big winners, but they play tough football where it counts all game long.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus

The team that really impresses me is Buffalo. Their 7 guys are big, mean, fast and nasty. They need a lot to become big winners, but they play tough football where it counts all game long.
    QFT. They made Joe Thomas look like Marshmallow Outhouse. That is gonna be one hell of a dog fight up there.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Except this is Bradley's 2nd year year in Jacksonville. His to date record is 6-22. If they lose out I could see the owner getting jumpy and bringing the ax.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    QFT. They made Joe Thomas look like Marshmallow Outhouse. That is gonna be one hell of a dog fight up there.
    Green Bay @ Buffalo isn't a TRAP game as that team offers a good challenge.

I believe I already posted that I rank the Bills @ NO. 8.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...09-column.html

Why wasn't Marc Trestman fired at halftime?

BY: Steve Rosenbloom

Chicago Tribune ... srosenbloom​@chicagotribune.com

http://www.chatsports.com/chicago-be...ired-10-16-691

Top 10 Candidates To Replace Marc Trestman If He Gets Fired

By Brian Rauf | Nov 30, 2014

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...203-story.html

What are the chances of Jim Harbaugh replacing Marc Trestman?

By: Brad Biggs

" I don’t expect we will hear from general manager Phil Emery, chairman George McCaskey or team president Ted Phillips until after the season is over. Those are the only three men with a good idea where this thing is headed at this point.

And McCaskey might be the only man with true insight into where this is headed as he’s widely believed to be the person who made the decision to oust former GM Jerry Angelo after the conclusion of the 2011 season. "

It's not a HC yet a coach at a significant position and someone most of us are familiar with was released from his contractual obligations today to pursue other opportunities.

Here is the story:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...eers-part-ways

Jeff Tedford, Tampa Bay Buccaneers part ways

By: Marc Sessler ... Around the NFL Writer

Published: Dec. 5, 2014 at 02:12 p.m. .... Updated: Dec. 5, 2014 at 08:18 p.m.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago-bear...ges-on-horizon

Marc Trestman: No staff changes on horizon

December, 5, 2014 ... 6:28 PM ET

By: Michael C. Wright | ESPN.com

LAKE FOREST, Ill. --

" Marc Trestman's weekly meeting with general manager Phil Emery in the wake of the Chicago Bears' 41-28 loss to the Dallas Cowboys on Thursday night won’t yield any changes to the coaching staff.

Trestman made that clear Friday, in addition to reiterating he has received unwavering support from Emery and ownership inside Halas Hall. "

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    It's not a HC yet a coach at a significant position and someone most of us are familiar with was released from his contractual obligations today to pursue other opportunities.

Here is the story:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...eers-part-ways

Jeff Tedford, Tampa Bay Buccaneers part ways

By: Marc Sessler ... Around the NFL Writer

Published: Dec. 5, 2014 at 02:12 p.m. .... Updated: Dec. 5, 2014 at 08:18 p.m.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/tampa-bay-bu...m-jeff-tedford

Buccaneers needed to move on from Jeff Tedford

December, 5, 2014 4:23 PM ET

By: Pat Yasinskas | ESPN.com

The Buccaneers have owners that don't care right now so guessing Lovie has a couple years there. The Bears created a mess and has no clue how to undo it...I say 4 more years of Trestman !!!

The easy ones are the Jets and Raiders where a new HC is on the way. Actually think Rex fits the Raiders style and might be a good thing for them. He just needs to hire a really good OC and make sure Mark D the owner understands it takes time to rebuild a roster.

Good thread !

Add the Washington Redskins HC Jay Gruden to the watch list:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...d-fire-gruden/

Report: Snyder, Allen may side with RG3 and fire Gruden

Posted by Michael David Smith on December 6, 2014, 5:17 PM EST

" The issue is that while Gruden appears to have concluded that Griffin isn’t the right person to be the franchise quarterback, owner Dan Snyder and G.M. Bruce Allen may not be on board with that conclusion. And if Snyder and Allen ultimately decide that they want Griffin to be their quarterback, while Gruden is adamant that he can’t win with Griffin, Snyder and Allen may decide to move on. "

Comment woodbuck27:

Isn't this becoming another soap box opera.

On NFL Total Access this Morn' Sunday Dec. 07, 2014:

Ian Rapaport reports that Chicago Bears 2nd year DC Mel Tucker will be done and replaced at the conclusion of this year.

In further news out of Chicago. it's being reported that the Bears aren't at all enamoured with QB Jay Cutler's performance. He has one more year of guaranteed money remaining in his current contract. The Chicagho Bears would trade him if some NFL team would just pick up his contract. Ohh sure !

It's so bad that it's rumoured to be the case that when the Bears fell behind Tampa bay in Week 12 that consideration was given to pulling Cutler at half time. The issue then became his backup Jimmy Clausen CANNOT BE DEPENDED ON. LOL.

So it appears to me that you can bet that Jay Cutler gets another kick at the can in 2015. After that something will have to give and starting QB for the Bears if Jay Cutler continues to SUCK.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 12-07-2014 at 08:52 AM.

PT Barnum was right.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet ยท 55m 55 minutes ago
    A surprise head coaching candidate: Former #49ers coach Mike Singletary. Several high-ranking people believe he’ll have a head job in 2015.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    ^
    It would almost be unfair fun if the Bears were to hire him. They'd probably have to dump the GM but you never know.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

If Harbaugh leaves/gets traded from the FortyWhiners, who goes there? Harbaugh is a very good coach, but he hasn't won a title yet, but he is acting like Holmgren did at the end, thinking he can gather and coach the talent. Let's see if someone dumb enough, COUGH, Oakland, COUGH, COUGH may be a destination.
    ATL job probably is open, lot of talk about Washington, being dumb enough to hang onto RG3 and dump the coach. Maybe it's because that Gruden is stupid enough to think he can build around Colt McCoy.
    Rex Ryan is gone in New York. The only thing that could save Coughlin with the Giants is that the Mara/Tisch family are very loyal. If the GMen tank it, he'll be out.
    Lovie's show is a train wreck in TB, but the team may give him one more year.
    Bradley's team does have moxie but if Shad Khan wants to remove the tarps from some of those seats in JAX, he needs to get a winner soon.
    If Chicago is stupid enough to keep Trestman and Cutler, I hope the Muppets of the Midway enjoy the NFC North cellar, they'll stay there until they dump them both. (and learn how to rebuild that defense)
    -digital dean

No "TROLLS" allowed!

Harbaugh is doing a full court press on the Raiders. He had an interview with a Bay Area guy this week with all of his fond recollections of Al Davis from the two years he was the QB coach and studied at Al's knee.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2...ders-al-davis/