Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Head Coach Exit Watch - Five NFL head coaches who will be fired. Really?

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 26m26 minutes ago
    Plugged-in league source senses there could be "something big" going on in Philly in the aftermath of Tom Gamble's departure.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Chip Kelly gets promotion, Howie Roseman gets kicked upstairs. They dumped the former Director of Player Personnel who was Kelly's guy but reported to Roseman. Kelly now oversees Player Personnel and will hire his own DPP who will report to the coach. Roseman is still the cap guy.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...el-department/

I have my doubts about this. Friday the 2nd might be the day that marks the beginning of the end for Kelly's tenure.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

He's back baby!

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 4m4 minutes ago
    Ed Donatell's interview for the Skins vacant DC job is early next week. Would be Vic Fangio's DC if Fangio gets the SF head coach job

Sherman's Curse is almost over.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 20m20 minutes ago
    This is an interesting one. Wade Phillips will interview for the #Redskins defensive coordinator opening this week, source says.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 27m27 minutes ago
    #Seahawks OC Darrell Bevell is interviewing today with the #Bills for their head coaching job, source said.

DISTRACTIONS!
    Last edited by pbmax; 01-03-2015 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Chip Kelly gets promotion, Howie Roseman gets kicked upstairs. They dumped the former Director of Player Personnel who was Kelly's guy but reported to Roseman. Kelly now oversees Player Personnel and will hire his own DPP who will report to the coach. Roseman is still the cap guy.

I have my doubts about this. Friday the 2nd might be the day that marks the beginning of the end for Kelly's tenure.
    Ya, they have some sorting out to do there. There are also rumours that Lurie is still sore about Roseman giving Joe Banner the heave-ho.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

He's back baby!

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 4m4 minutes ago
    Ed Donatell's interview for the Skins vacant DC job is early next week. Would be Vic Fangio's DC if Fangio gets the SF head coach job

Sherman's Curse is almost over.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 20m20 minutes ago
    This is an interesting one. Wade Phillips will interview for the #Redskins defensive coordinator opening this week, source says.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 27m27 minutes ago
    #Seahawks OC Darrell Bevell is interviewing today with the #Bills for their head coaching job, source said.

DISTRACTIONS!
    Requests by the Redskins to interview Schwartz and Fangio for DC jobs were declined. Why the hell would they be accepted? It's not just the mayor who's smoking crack in DC.
    --

Here's more of the move in Philly:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...n-philadelphia

Chip has to get a difficult task...right or ...... it's bye bye Chip.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Here's more of the move in Philly:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...n-philadelphia

Chip has to get a difficult task...right or ...... it's bye bye Chip.
    That is such a bad idea. I'd ask why coaches continually want that power and responsibility, but I guess the answer is you don't become an NFL coach unless you are a megalomaniac. Maybe the NFL is doing us all a favour by employing these guys, otherwise there's a possibility they'd be part of our everyday lives, or running small countries!

Is there a single example of a coach being given coach and GM jobs and being successful?
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    That is such a bad idea. I'd ask why coaches continually want that power and responsibility, but I guess the answer is you don't become an NFL coach unless you are a megalomaniac. Maybe the NFL is doing us all a favour by employing these guys, otherwise there's a possibility they'd be part of our everyday lives, or running small countries!

Is there a single example of a coach being given coach and GM jobs and being successful?
    Vince Lombardi.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

No one is doing both jobs, but several coaches have the last word on the roster and draft, like Pete Carrol and Belichick. I think Andy Reid might, Chip Kelly now does, Shanahan did and I think Fisher might.
    Last edited by pbmax; 01-03-2015 at 04:44 PM.

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2014/1...fl-head-coach/

The Unwritten Rules of Hiring an NFL Head Coach

By: Sean Jensen @seankjensen on December 31, 2014

No one is doing both jobs, but several coaches have the last word on the roster and draft, like Pete Carrol and Belichick. I think Andy Reid might, Chip Kelly now does, Shanahan did and I think Fisher might.
    So, with Kelly, there are 3 or 4 guys that are the de facto GMs. Two of them successful (although I think Pete Carrol's shelf life is limited, he got so lucky drafting), Reid has been up and down, and obviously we know nothing about how Kelly will do. Shanahan crashed and burned something fierce, and probably hurt that franchise for a few more years. It'll be an interesting show to watch, and Chip's early success might not last.
    --

Its dicey. Even Parcells would improve a team but seemed to have an upper limit he couldn't get past. And he and BB basically have an entire front office of former staffers, scouts and personnel guys to draw upon.

Rat Starter
    Sherman never missed the playoffs.

And that guy in New England, he led his team to 5 Super Bowls.

FA to be Jason Garrett isn't (publicly) attracting much attention. Some seem to think there's a wink and a nod deal between him and Jones, but why should there be? He's going to be an experienced coach, with a lifetime winning record and without a contract, possibly as soon as tonight.
    --

Requests by the Redskins to interview Schwartz and Fangio for DC jobs were declined. Why the hell would they be accepted? It's not just the mayor who's smoking crack in DC.
    Anyone have thoughts on this? Why would the Bills or 49ers give Washington permission to talk to these guys?
    --

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...oaching-staff/

Report: Tom Coughlin plans no changes to Giants’ coaching staff

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 6, 2015, 10:32 AM EST

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...nt-interested/

Mike Holmgren says 49ers weren’t interested

Posted by Mike Florio on January 5, 2015, 1:31 PM EST

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...han-interview/

Boom: Raiders brought Madden in for Shanahan interview

Posted by Darin Gantt on January 6, 2015, 4:25 PM EST

" If nothing else, it’s a sign of one family member breaking the ice with a guy whose relationship with the organization was frosty.

Mark’s father Al fired Shanahan four games into his second season coaching the team, and the tensions between the two continued for years. "

Please click on the LINK for the rest of this story.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Sherman never missed the playoffs.

And that guy in New England, he led his team to 5 Super Bowls.
    Sherman never what? As the GM?
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Sherman never what? As the GM?
    Mike Sherman led the Packers to five consecutive winning seasons 2000-2004.

Mike Sherman's chief achievement was as Green Bay Packer GM and HC from 2001-2004. The Green Bay Packers captured 3 NFC Division titles and had an impressive combined regular Season Record of 44-20. That period included 3 consecutive NFCN Titles (2002-04); a 2nd place finish (2001) in the NFC Central Division.

In 2005 as HC with the Packers (Mike Sherman's last season) and after Green Bay Packer GM Ted Thompson's arrival. The Green Bay Packers had a 4-12 record.