Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: "Michael John McCarthy is one of the great coaches in the NFL."

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmdk View Post
    GB now with nearly 25 years with 2 sublime QBs and yet only 2 trophies.
    Sublime!

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Hey, wasn't I sublime too?

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mmmdk View Post
    *SIGH* Dear toddler nation, why only compare Stubby to active coaches? Oh, 'cos it suits an argument for Stubby's "greatness" and Packers're not the Lions...bla bla bla.
    Yup, disregard Lombardi, Parcells, etc. History is sham I guess [for toddler nations].

I do acknowledge that McCarthy is a good coach, just not great.

Still, you still blew it, Stubby...or maybe it's the guy that hired you!? But I still like TT's style - but darn it, TT is human too. GB now with nearly 25 years with 2 sublime QBs and yet only 2 trophies. Russell Wilson has been QB how long?...you better hope Brady wins a 4th trophy then! And what a difference a great coach would be right now in GB.

It's Titletown. Expect greatness. Even in the year 2525.
    So by your metric Pete Carrol must be a great coach....And Barry Switzer is just as good as McCarthy. Gotchya.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    So by your metric .... Barry Switzer is just as good as McCarthy. Gotchya.
    Zong!!

Barry Switzer = Rod Marinelli without brains

After what I've carefully gone over in analysis of that huge loss in Seattle I will respect Mike McCarthy if he makes at least two out of three of these moves.

If he makes all three my dog will lick his face.:

a) He must FIRE ST Co-ordinator Shawn Slocum. Incidently besides all the obvious Mason Crosby's game tieing FG came withing one more finger joint of being totally deflected and was 'in fact' partially deflected. That game came within an inch of not even getting to OT.

b) Mike McCarthy must FIRE DC Dom Capers.

With 7:01 remaining in the 4th Quarter and leading 19-7. It's obvious that Clay Matthews was removed from the game. It matters little why as the fact the teams best defensive player was not made available. Clay Matthews looked fine at that time and after Morgan Burnett's pick and slide he was in full celebration with too many others on the Packer sideline. With 5:04 remaining in the 4th Quarter there was plenty of game left.

Clay Matthews was certainly one of the strongest defenders on that day and he was needed for a full game. He was needed 'in the game' not lolly dogging on the sideline.

c) Mike McCarthy must at least ensure bringing in competition for punter Tim Mathsay.

He punted poorly down the stretch and looked bad in the NFC Championship game. Find a punter with a leg please.

4-4-GB 19 (5:22) 8-T.Masthay punts 37 yards to SEA 44, Center-61-B.Goode. 19-B.Walters to SEA 46 for 2 yards (31-D.House; 86-B.Bostick).

4-14-GB 39 (4:00) 8-T.Masthay punts 30 yards to SEA 31, Center-61-B.Goode, out of bounds.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-26-2015 at 07:32 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post

With 7:01 remaining in the 4th Quarter and leading 19-7. It's obvious that Clay Matthews was removed from the game. It matters little why as the fact the teams best defensive player was not made available.
    That pretty much sums your post up. It matters little why he wasn't on the field. Of course it matters.

If the Packers had thrown at Sherman after his arm injury and we scored a TD, all of the SEA fans and media would be screaming why would you keep an injured player on the field!
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    c) Mike McCarthy must at least ensure bringing in competition for punter Tim Mathsay.

He punted poorly down the stretch and looked bad in the NFC Championship game. Find a punter with a leg please.

4-4-GB 19 (5:22) 8-T.Masthay punts 37 yards to SEA 44, Center-61-B.Goode. 19-B.Walters to SEA 46 for 2 yards (31-D.House; 86-B.Bostick).

4-14-GB 39 (4:00) 8-T.Masthay punts 30 yards to SEA 31, Center-61-B.Goode, out of bounds.
    Does it count if Ted does it?

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 24s24 seconds ago
    #Packers sign former Alabama punter Cody Mandell. Tim Masthay will have competition at least for the off-season.

Then consider it done.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Does it count if Ted does it?

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 24s24 seconds ago
    #Packers sign former Alabama punter Cody Mandell. Tim Masthay will have competition at least for the off-season.

Then consider it done.
    Yes that's some hope right there.

Look how excited my dog 'Jabbers' is !

** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau