Thread: "Michael John McCarthy is one of the great coaches in the NFL."

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Recognize Mike McCarthy for what!? Doesn't he already get enough sand pounded up his ass? Mike McCarthy is obviously a very solid Head Coach. He should have a solid winning percentage coaching Brett Favre and now Aaron Rodgers. Two certain HOFers.

I want to see if he can coach the team to another Super Bowl before I elevate his status to 'One Of The Best'.
    Agreed.

Btw, McCarthy hasn't done shit in the playoffs since SB 45. Many times he was outcoached.
    Last edited by Tyrion Lannister; 12-01-2014 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Agreed.

Btw, McCarthy hasn't done shit in the playoffs since SB 45. Many times he was outcoached.
    How can you tell when someone is "out-coached" as opposed to players not executing?

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    How can you tell when someone is "out-coached" as opposed to players not executing?
    One of the questions I've always had is: when is poor execution on the part of the players a reflection of poor coaching? I thinks the two are pretty well intertwined.

Big-boned Mike is a solid coach and there have been times I've been down right enamored by him. One of the traits which I really like about him is his leadership but there are times when he's a rigid and prone to brain farts.

The potential is there for him to cement his legacy this season and I hope he does so.