Thread: Official Buccaneers Discussion Thread

http://www.nfl.com/teams/profile?team=TB

The Tampa Bay BUCS

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/artic...e-424f1fc66c15

Series History: Bucs - Packers

Posted 1 hour ago

Scott Smith ... Senior Writer/Editor

PACKERS !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

http://www.buccaneers.com/multimedia...b-26d35770195c

Foster on Stopping GB Offense

Buccaneers LB Mason Foster speaks with the media talks about going out and stopping the Green Bay offense and how that would show how much the defense has progressed throughout the year.

P A C K E R S !
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

If the Packers lose to TB they deserve no playoff spot. Especially after last Sundays performance.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    If the Packers lose to TB they deserve no playoff spot. Especially after last Sundays performance.
    I feel this way about the last 2 games. If they can't win these, does it really matter if they make the playoffs?

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/artic...4-10af125f655c

Tampa Bay News:

Three Regulars assigned to IR......

Replacements Pulled from Practice Squad

Posted Dec 16, 2014

NewsHub

Mike McCarthy warns team against overconfidence against Bucs

By NewsHub @newshub

The Green Bay Packers are 10-point favorites on the road against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, who have won just one of their last 10 games and none in six tries at home.

PACKERS !

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Here's a man with his work cut out for him...

How do you motivate a clearly superior team to play hard against a team that dwells on the bottom of the NFL's barrel?

First, Stubby floats the idea that the game against Tampa is the start of the playoffs which it clearly is not. His players are not stupid. Recently, he even had his men choose team captains for the post-season. A move which his QB called "oozing confidence."

Now Stubby is warning his team not to get overconfident because even though Tampa's best player on defense is out of the game, the Buccaneers still have some mighty good players.

Of course it's obvious to all that the entire team has that last game at home against Detroit on its mind.

Seriously, what's a coach to do?

Football is a game of emotions? How do you make sure your team of wealthy, professional, celebrity football players have an emotional edge when they get off that plane in Tampa, FL?
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    http://www.buccaneers.com/news/artic...4-10af125f655c

Tampa Bay News:

Three Regulars assigned to IR......

Replacements Pulled from Practice Squad

Posted Dec 16, 2014

NewsHub

View this content on newshub's website

Packers' Next Opponent: Buccaneers

By NewsHub @newshub

Defensive tackle Gerald McCoy, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ best player, and two of their top four receiving weapons were placed on injured reserve Tuesday.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Here's a man with his work cut out for him...

How do you motivate a clearly superior team to play hard against a team that dwells on the bottom of the NFL's barrel?

First, Stubby floats the idea that the game against Tampa is the start of the playoffs which it clearly is not. His players are not stupid. Recently, he even had his men choose team captains for the post-season. A move which his QB called "oozing confidence."

Now Stubby is warning his team not to get overconfident because even though Tampa's best player on defense is out of the game, the Buccaneers still have some mighty good players.

Of course it's obvious to all that the entire team has that last game at home against Detroit on its mind.

Seriously, what's a coach to do?

Football is a game of emotions? How do you make sure your team of wealthy, professional, celebrity football players have an emotional edge when they get off that plane in Tampa, FL?
    Maxie, it's like the NCAA where the 3 seed plays the 14th seed. You need the win to keep going, it's supposed to be a cake walk, but you can always lose... The Stubby strategy of treating it like a playoff game is appropriate. The key is getting your guys to play at a high level without getting them tight.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Maxie, it's like the NCAA where the 3 seed plays the 14th seed. You need the win to keep going, it's supposed to be a cake walk, but you can always lose... The Stubby strategy of treating it like a playoff game is appropriate. The key is getting your guys to play at a high level without getting them tight.
    I think it's kind of transparently phony. It's not like 2010 where you either win or go home. That said, I really don't know what I would do to get the players at a "high level" and at the same time keep them from getting "tight."

I might just approach it matter-of-factly: "You guys are pros. You know the situation as well as I do. If you phone this one in, you'll get whipped and possibly hurt. Now dig deep, earn your damn paychecks and remember why you're here. Now let's go strap it on and show these bums what a superior team looks like. Let's have fun beating the crap out of them."

But that's just me.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.

I think it's kind of transparently phony. It's not like 2010 where you either win or go home. That said, I really don't know what I would do to get the players at a "high level" and at the same time keep them from getting "tight."

I might just approach it matter-of-factly: "You guys are pros. You know the situation as well as I do. If you phone this one in, you'll get whipped and possibly hurt. Now dig deep, earn your damn paychecks and remember why you're here. Now let's go strap it on and show these bums what a superior team looks like. Let's have fun beating the crap out of them."

But that's just me.
    If i could get you in the locker room, I'd fly you down there.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    If i could get you in the locker room, I'd fly you down there.
    I'd have to drive. I don't fly much anymore because of the damn airport nazi's.

well you are close enough....

Getting your balls rubbed is getting your balls rubbed. The rubbist doesn't matter.

Excuse me ... an airport Nazi?

Is that the same as 'a Travel Nazi'?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...rm=Travel+Nazi

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Getting your balls rubbed is getting your balls rubbed. The rubbist doesn't matter.
    I keep wondering what John Wayne's character in Stagecoach, The Ringo Kid, would do to a TSA agent who tried to rub him down. Hey. Hey.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Excuse me ... an airport Nazi?

Is that the same as 'a Travel Nazi'?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...rm=Travel+Nazi
    Airport nazi = TSA

Airport nazi = TSA
    You learn something new every day. Thanks.

"You guys are pros. You know the situation as well as I do. If you phone this one in, you'll get whipped and possibly hurt. Now dig deep, earn your damn paychecks and remember why you're here. Now let's go strap it on and show these bums what a superior team looks like. Let's have fun beating the crap out of them."
    If it never worked for Singletary, why would it work for you?

However, this might be appropriate for the first actual playoff game.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

But that's just me.

It's not that difficult, really:

"The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack