Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Official Buccaneers Discussion Thread

Blog Entries
    The way the Packers run their offense now with about the only thing determined by the coach being personnel and pre-snap alignment, and about the only other thing predetermined in that little semi get-together before they line up you can't really call a huddle being snap count, it puts a premium on pre-snap communication which is obviously a lot more challenging on the road against good defenses in hostile environments. With different people of varying levels of experience at different positions moving in and out of the lineup, it doesn't take a whole lot for someone on the offense to not be in sync with the rest of the group. Pre-snap communication can change post-snap reads so even if they do communicate all the way around someone might not react to what the defense does the same as others expect them to. Other times (Buffalo) players get disrupted post-snap which throws off timing.

On the road and particularly against good teams all those dynamics haven't come together as efficiently as they can yet.

It's not McCarthy's style, and I think he's right in his aggressive approach for the continuing development of the offense, but they may have had more success in a few of those road games by dialing back by a couple years some of what they ask Rodgers to do at the line of scrimmage - not for his sake but for the good of guys like Adams and Linsley. Maybe adjust protections but not make as many actual play adjustments on the fly. Adams in particular hasn't seemed to have gotten on the same page with Rodgers on some of those back shoulder/fly routes outside and has missed some hot read route adjustments as well. This could also have created a little more structure for the offense against Buffalo in terms of run-pass ratio as the game develops. I'm convinced a lot of the pass heavy approach was Rodgers making the calls at the line based on what the defense is showing him. Taking that away a bit and forcing a few runs in spite of what the defense showed might have helped.

They're not rookies anymore though so I'd say it's balls to the walls as far as stretching how they want to approach making adjustments at the line of scrimmage.

Making mistakes sucks but if they're learning and getting better it's worthwhile. Without checking, I'd say McCarthy's teams have tended to get better as the season goes on so the teaching and learning they're doing seems to be having an impact over time. Hopefully the Buffalo game will provide some valuable lessons that they'll build from. It better or they're doomed because that game will be studied hard by every opponent from now til they're done.
    Last edited by vince; 12-19-2014 at 10:53 AM.

Geriatric Rat All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    These guys really are still kids, Lacy apparently wore his contacts past the 30 recommended days.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...aring-goggles/
    You never outgrow lazy. Clefty remembers a time when he left his Depends on too long. Then had to ride the Harley to get home. That wasn't pretty.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    The way the Packers run their offense now with about the only thing determined by the coach being personnel and pre-snap alignment, and about the only other thing predetermined in that little semi get-together before they line up you can't really call a huddle being snap count, it puts a premium on pre-snap communication which is obviously a lot more challenging on the road against good defenses in hostile environments. With different people of varying levels of experience at different positions moving in and out of the lineup, it doesn't take a whole lot for someone on the offense to not be in sync with the rest of the group. Pre-snap communication can change post-snap reads so even if they do communicate all the way around someone might not react to what the defense does the same as others expect them to. Other times (Buffalo) players get disrupted post-snap which throws off timing.

On the road and particularly against good teams all those dynamics haven't come together as efficiently as they can yet.

It's not McCarthy's style, and I think he's right in his aggressive approach for the continuing development of the offense, but they may have had more success in a few of those road games by dialing back by a couple years some of what they ask Rodgers to do at the line of scrimmage - not for his sake but for the good of guys like Adams and Linsley. Maybe adjust protections but not make as many actual play adjustments on the fly. Adams in particular hasn't seemed to have gotten on the same page with Rodgers on some of those back shoulder/fly routes outside and has missed some hot read route adjustments as well. This could also have created a little more structure for the offense against Buffalo in terms of run-pass ratio as the game develops. I'm convinced a lot of the pass heavy approach was Rodgers making the calls at the line based on what the defense is showing him. Taking that away a bit and forcing a few runs in spite of what the defense showed might have helped.

They're not rookies anymore though so I'd say it's balls to the walls as far as stretching how they want to approach making adjustments at the line of scrimmage.

Making mistakes sucks but if they're learning and getting better it's worthwhile. Without checking, I'd say McCarthy's teams have tended to get better as the season goes on so the teaching and learning they're doing seems to be having an impact over time. Hopefully the Buffalo game will provide some valuable lessons that they'll build from. It better or they're doomed because that game will be studied hard by every opponent from now til they're done.
    I agree. After the losses in Seattle and New Orleans some of us were suggesting they forget the no huddle, at least at the start, to make sure every player is on the same page. Couldn't they work into the no huddle as the crowd and situation warrants?
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    I don't see anything phony in what McCarthy is doing. I see it as a genuine statement as the head coach that this is a big fucking game if they want to get to where they need to be as a team. The last thing this team needs is to go stumbling into the final game of the year against a pretty tough Detroit underperforming two games in a row. It's not an elimination game per se, but the time is now to start working up to that intense focus and heighten the level of play.

I think he's creatively saying through action that is more powerful than just saying it, "It's real boys, and that shitstorm you laid in Buffalo ain't gonna get it done starting now." Not sure how they wouldn't be buying into that.
    +1000

AFC North records should not count, they play all the teams in the NFC South this year.
    So did we.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    So did we.
    But the comparable for us is having to play the AFC East (New England, Buffalo, Jets, Miami) rather than the NFC South (New Orleans, Carolina, Atlanta, Tampa).
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

These guys really are still kids, Lacy apparently wore his contacts past the 30 recommended days.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...aring-goggles/
    How the heck does this crap happen? It's not like he can't afford enough contacts, just buy more. Or wear the freakin goggles, it's a good thing he can play football. because he sure as hell doesn't sound to bright.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    How the heck does this crap happen? It's not like he can't afford enough contacts, just buy more. Or wear the freakin goggles, it's a good thing he can play football. because he sure as hell doesn't sound to bright.
    To write!
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

LMAO

Bottom line. If we don't kick the Bucs in the crotch and win by at least 20, we don't have a prayer of doing squat in the postseason. The Bucs have no offense...no defense...nothing. The ONLY thing they have is Lovie, who knows McCarthy and the Packers well. However, he doesn't have a roster anywhere near what he had in Chicago. The Packers should come out smoking mad after their performance last week. I expect Rodgers to complete his first 15 passes with ease. I expect Eddie Lacy, even completely blind, and the running game in general to be used more extensively than last week...because McCarthy KNOWS the offense screwed the pooch last week.

This isn't a trap game. This is a pride game. Coming off a crap performance, a true contender will rise and dominate. I remember the 1996 Packers...after starting 8-1, they lost at KC and at Dallas (because we could never get those f-ers in Lambeau back then) and everyone starting questioning if they were ready to take that title step. Then they came out and laid a complete dud of a first half against the Rams...who were horrible. When faced with the reality that they were shooting themselves in the foot and needed to step it up, that team did. It did not lose a game the rest of that season. No other team came within 11 points of them, and the offense scored 28 or more in every game.

Wake up, Packers.

It is time.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    To write!
    I assumed it was self-parody.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Green Bay PackersVerified account ‏@packers
    Bryan Bulaga upgraded to PROBABLE for Sunday's game. Full #Packers injury report: http://pack.rs/2840g #GBvsTB
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    LMAO

Bottom line. If we don't kick the Bucs in the crotch and win by at least 20, we don't have a prayer of doing squat in the postseason. The Bucs have no offense...no defense...nothing. The ONLY thing they have is Lovie, who knows McCarthy and the Packers well. However, he doesn't have a roster anywhere near what he had in Chicago. The Packers should come out smoking mad after their performance last week. I expect Rodgers to complete his first 15 passes with ease. I expect Eddie Lacy, even completely blind, and the running game in general to be used more extensively than last week...because McCarthy KNOWS the offense screwed the pooch last week.

This isn't a trap game. This is a pride game. Coming off a crap performance, a true contender will rise and dominate. I remember the 1996 Packers...after starting 8-1, they lost at KC and at Dallas (because we could never get those f-ers in Lambeau back then) and everyone starting questioning if they were ready to take that title step. Then they came out and laid a complete dud of a first half against the Rams...who were horrible. When faced with the reality that they were shooting themselves in the foot and needed to step it up, that team did. It did not lose a game the rest of that season. No other team came within 11 points of them, and the offense scored 28 or more in every game.

Wake up, Packers.

It is time.
    They have some O.

Doug Martin rushed for 96 vs Carolina, which has a better front 7 than we do.

Vincent Jackson and Mike Evans will both go over 1000 yards and have given DB's fits all year.

Their Oline is rebuilt and has pretty good hands in place. Why they got that guy we should have drafted instead of that stupid guy from Cal, Logan Mankins at guard.

They have no TE, traded away in the off-season.

The Bucs have 8 losses by 7 or less. I'd be worried if Gerald McCoy was fit and playing. I think we win, but TB will have some success offensively.
    Last edited by KYPack; 12-20-2014 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    LMAO

Wake up, Packers.

It is time.

I agree with you King Friday.
    Play AR the whole game and CRUSH Tampa Bay.

You know the usual script. If the Pack dominates the first half MM may sit Aaron Rodgers earlier than he should in the second half.

MM has to stop babying Aaron Rodgers. He's not paid huge money to languish on the bench. It's ALWAY "all now" not next season and the next after that.[B] MM has to PUSH his team.

MM needs to promote some REAL PRIDE on his team. The team cannot coast any longer or it's going to be lights out for another season of promise crashing in futility. The same ole same ole.

Attitude !! CRUSH all !!!
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    They have some O.

Doug Martin rushed for 96 vs Carolina, which has a better front 7 than we do.

Vincent Jackson and Mike Evans will both go over 1000 yards and have given DB's fits all year.

Their Oline is rebuilt and has pretty good hands in place. Why they got that guy we should have drafted instead of that stupid guy from Cal, Logan Mankins at guard.

They have no TE, traded away in the off-season.

The Bucs have 8 losses by 7 or less. I'd be worried if Gerald McCoy was fit and playing. I think we win, but TB will have some success offensively.
    It will go like this:

The Packers will have difficulty getting going. The score will be close at the half and in the second half Aaron Rodgers will get pissed off and toss a couple of TD's and we win.

Betting.

With the Packers defense. ATS ... take Tampa Bay and the points (13).

Bet the UNDER.... O/U = 49.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

If the Pack should lose is it time to look at a coaching change? MM has been there a long time.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I assumed it was self-parody.
    What is he a clown, does he amuse you?
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Bulaga Probable:

Jason Wilde @jasonjwilde ยท 5h 5 hours ago
    #Packers O-Line likely intact again with @BBulaga being upgraded to probable for Sunday. Blog: http://www.espnwisconsin.com/common/...&post_id=45121
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    The Bucs have 8 losses by 7 or less.
    Well, when you have as many losses as they do, some of them probably will be close.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    It will go like this:

The Packers will have difficulty getting going. The score will be close at the half and in the second half Aaron Rodgers will get pissed off and toss a couple of TD's and we win.

Betting.

With the Packers defense. ATS ... take Tampa Bay and the points (13).

Bet the UNDER.... O/U = 49.
    I think so, too.

That Tampa front 7 (with McCoy) pounded the shit out of the solid Bengal OLine. Cincy was lucky to get out of TB with a 1 point win. An up and down Carolina team barely won by two at home.

Lovie Smith quietly gets these boys ready to play.

I think the boys will figure out they have to be intense and get the win, but it could be close.

In Lambeau, this is a blow-out, but any roadie in the NFL is tough.

The loss of Gerald McCoy is key.

Man, that guy is great, him and Suh are illegal.

The Bengals have a mediocre QB. The Packers have Rodgers, who is going to be PISSED after the egg he laid last week.

If the Bucs were such a good team, especially with McCoy, they'd have won a few more games.

The Bucs were crap even with McCoy. Now, they are even worse.

No excuse for this to be a close game. None. You think the Pats or Broncos would barely win this game by a FG? Nope.