Thread: WHO TERRIFIES YOU in the PLAYOFFS

Blog Entries

WHO TERRIFIES YOU in the PLAYOFFS

Let me Start

SEATTLE

let me finish

SEATTLE

Dear Packerrats

Russell Wilson and the Seahawks are coming. They look like the best team in the NFC
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Nobody terrifies me. But I think the Packers and Seattle are clearly the class of the NFC. Both teams have a great homefield advantage, so whoever is the #1 seed will probably be favored to win the NFC. It's looking like the Packers may need to win out to get the #1 seed.

Blog Entries
    Seattle is a very rough matchup for us
    They have the defense to dominate that game now that they are healthy and the QB traits we struggle with

I don't want to see them
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    The injury fairy. If we're healthy, I like our chances vs anyone.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Seattle is a very rough matchup for us
    They have the defense to dominate that game now that they are healthy and the QB traits we struggle with

I don't want to see them
    I don't think the Packers struggle with running QB's as much as the did a couple of years ago. The Packers are much more athletic in their front 7 than they were then. Peppers outside, Clay inside, and Ha-Ha at Safety is a huge difference.

Seattle is horrifying in their own stadium, where your offense can't hear a damn thing.

Seattle is much, much more beatable when they are on the road. The Eagles were DOMINATED today, but the Hawks only won by 10. If the Eagles actually get that INT with about 3 min left, which probably goes as a pick six, it is an even closer game.

Getting HFA over Seattle is a priority. To a lesser extent, that is also true of Detroit...because their place wouldn't be any fun in a playoff environment.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

I would feel comfortable against anyone but Seattle or Detroit.

No one at home.

But each of you should continue to send letters, emails, Tweets and other bon mots to Rodgers to keep him angry and chippy.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Terrified? No. But the team I wouldn't want the Packers to play would be the Cowboys. Their OL is big and bad. DeMarco Murray is a gasher. Their D is getting better and better. And Romo is Favre-like enough to be dangerous. Plus, they're peaking.

I'd rather play Seattle.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Terrified? No. But the team I wouldn't want the Packers to play would be the Cowboys. Their OL is big and bad. DeMarco Murray is a gasher. Their D is getting better and better. And Romo is Favre-like enough to be dangerous. Plus, they're peaking.

I'd rather play Seattle.
    They have no defense. It is Cover 2 Marinelli style, but I suspect the Packers would score 40.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    They have no defense. It is Cover 2 Marinelli style, but I suspect the Packers would score 40.
    I hope you're right. Maybe what I dislike about the matchup is the prospect of Aikman in the booth and the Cowboy fans' insufferable arrogance.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Yes, didn't the Eagles, who looked anemic as hell today, score 33 on the cowgirls' D on turkey day?

I'd rather play Seattle.
    I'm not skeert of a Romo led offense. I'd take the Pokes over the Buzzards any day, home OR away.

I agree on Seattle... don't think we can beat them anywhere we play them.

Hoping someone else can knock them.
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I don't think the Packers struggle with running QB's as much as the did a couple of years ago. The Packers are much more athletic in their front 7 than they were then. Peppers outside, Clay inside, and Ha-Ha at Safety is a huge difference.
    Athleticism, or lack thereof, isn't what has beaten us against read/option/running QB's - what has beaten us against those kinds of teams is lousy coaching, i.e. our players were not prepared, they were continually out of position and faked out of plays, they're always taking false steps and buying the fakes, they routinely abandon their own gap and responsibility, etc...

I agree that we've gotten better at playing against those schemes, but that isn't saying much - Seattle embarrassed us pretty good in week 1.

All of that is coaching.

If your players in are the right positions, and then still don't make the plays - then that is on the players, and perhaps "athleticism" might be a part of that; but that isn't what has been getting us beat against those types of teams. The sad fact is, that our players are rarely in positions to make plays b/c of lousy preperation and coaching.
    wist

No one at home.

But each of you should continue to send letters, emails, Tweets and other bon mots to Rodgers to keep him angry and chippy.
    R-E-L-A-X

Home field first. That increases the odds of our run dramatically.

Playing on road vs. Detroit or SEA is still workable, but more likely to be a train wreck.
    -digital dean

No "TROLLS" allowed!

I'd rather play Seattle.
    Cowboys defense is pathetic. They haven't played too many teams worth a damn this year. When you consider Romo is beat to hell right now, and their RB is going to be running on fumes by the time the postseason hits due to the mileage they put on him this year, they do not have a prayer.

They got a big win against Seattle when they were in funk mode. Otherwise, they haven't beat anyone else who is a playoff contender. They lost to the Redskins at home for crying out loud. Name me one other win that was impressive if Dallas is to be such a feared contender. Beating JAX by 14, TENN by 16, or CHI by 13 isn't all that impressive. Most other decent NFL teams do that and then some.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Dallas kind of scares me also. In the wrong weather conditions that running game vs. our running game might be a mismatch. I don't want to go to Seattle, but Seattle has weaknesses. Their passing offense is pretty anemic. If you can get ahead of them, you have a great chance to beat them.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Is there the Golden Corral out there in Seattle? The only thing that worries me is Stubby getting distracted by the buffet. Otherwise I like the Packers chances this year anywhere against any team. #APRH
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck