Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Winners - Losers Packers vs. Falcons

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    Winner
    Monday Night Football Ratings...many games are unwatchable by the second half...not that I wanted to see what Atlanta's offense did to our defense. The D was in Cover No One.
    hahahaha ...... Our 'D' was in 'Cover No one'.

Repped.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Winners:

Aaron Rodgers 123.3 Pass Rating. 3 more TD pass's. Many very athletic plays to move the ball and put points on the board. Another game at home and no picks....extending his record of passing attempts and no picks.

For six straight games, the Packers have scored at least 23 points at home in the first half — that's an NFL record.

They've outscored opponents 182-30 before halftime.

All things must end. They had a streak of 89 consecutive points scored at home come to an end Monday in the 43-37 victory against the Atlanta Falcons.

Eddie Lacy played solidly. 106 Total Yards and 2 TD's.

James Starks....10 rushes for 75 yards and the opening touchdown. He had clock-killing runs in the four-minute offense when Lacy suffered a hip injury.

Jordy Nelson was outstanding again. 8 Receptions for 146 Yards ... an 18.2 Avg. and 2 TD'S

Losers:

Our 'D' went to sleep in the second half and gave up 30 'YES' 30 Points ! That 'NO' small 'd' defense was 'dazed and confused'.

The Green Bay Packer fans....Did they get bored? The fans have to give energy to the team and not fall asleep.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Winners: Police
    Losers: Drunken Packers fans, Lambeau field cleaning staff on vomit duty

http://deadspin.com/police-were-busy...eld-1668688901

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    The takeaway, as always, is that there is no good reason to attend NFL games.
    riiiight.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by oldbutnotdeadyet View Post
    Yeah, Julio Jones is good but not all universe fer christ sakes...
    He might be getting close. He torched Patrick Peterson last week.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    He might be getting close. He torched Patrick Peterson last week.
    Apparently, PP is not having an overall good year, or so others have told me. But, if PP is so great, and Jones torched him, it makes all the more sense then to single cover him with banged-up Shields and, when Shields is ineffective, bring in the backup and expect him to single cover the guy. That's brilliant.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    riiiight.
    For some, it would be good to take a break. Standing by elevators at top of the world, I saw one being held open. One minute later a woman on a gurney was wheeled through. Unconcious and I think intubated. Emergency personnel were not joking about that one. Ushers said they were not sure what had happened.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Apparently, PP is not having an overall good year, or so others have told me. But, if PP is so great, and Jones torched him, it makes all the more sense then to single cover him with banged-up Shields and, when Shields is ineffective, bring in the backup and expect him to single cover the guy. That's brilliant.
    Capers gets a Stubby for that one.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Any chance Shields was still suffering from his concussion? Has to be a possibility.

For some, it would be good to take a break. Standing by elevators at top of the world, I saw one being held open. One minute later a woman on a gurney was wheeled through. Unconcious and I think intubated. Emergency personnel were not joking about that one. Ushers said they were not sure what had happened.

Put her on the Loser train if she was wasted, along with the entire Packer defense, but most specifically the lack of pass rush. Where the hell was Mike Daniels? Was Datone Jones really a first round pick designed to give the team a pass rush? Did Julius Peppers ever wake up all night?

Winners? The offense, and most especially Aaron Rodgers. We saw what this team was without him last year: one of the many 7-9 or 6-10 teams that litter the league every year.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Any chance Shields was still suffering from his concussion? Has to be a possibility.
    Maybe, but then again, it looked like the whole defense had a concussion.

This game looked like it was played in 2011.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Yeah this was night and day from the Pats game. In that game they did everything well except tackle running backs and get turnovers. In this one those are the only things they did well.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Winners: Me, for having the good sense to go to bed at halftime without any misgivings about how the Pack might squander their huge lead.

In the long run there might be a silver lining in those underpants that the Packer D soiled last night. The second half horror show lets them know they still have something to work on. Complacency is the enemy of improvement, or something like that!

After reading this forum I had to go back and check the final score again. Until last night the D has been playing pretty well since the bye. No team plays the same every week. If they play like this in Buffalo against a much weaker offense then I'll get worried.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    I had to listen to the game on the radio and got to listen to my favorite color guy/analyst, Dan Fouts, who just does a fantastic job IMO and way better than the ESPN crew. So winner = me.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    After reading this forum I had to go back and check the final score again. Until last night the D has been playing pretty well since the bye. No team plays the same every week. If they play like this in Buffalo against a much weaker offense then I'll get worried.
    Rodgers Vs Orton should = No Problem.

Now......

Take into mind the poor game Peyton Manning just had at home vs the Buffalo Bills. Would you ever imagine Manning and ZERO TD"s @ home? ... Any game?

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Rodgers Vs Orton should = No Problem.

Now......

Take into mind the poor game Peyton Manning just had at home vs the Buffalo Bills. Would you ever imagine Manning and ZERO TD"s @ home? ... Any game?
    Denver's been trying to run the ball a lot more lately, but Manning hasn't looked great. A lot of people in the 303 are wondering if he's a bit injured.

Still... Buffalo's D is tough, man. That D and the Lions D will be good tests for the Packers O heading into the playoffs.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Denver's been trying to run the ball a lot more lately, but Manning hasn't looked great. A lot of people in the 303 are wondering if he's a bit injured.

Still... Buffalo's D is tough, man. That D and the Lions D will be good tests for the Packers O heading into the playoffs.
    For sure their running game is there now with C. J. Anderson. Anderson, coming off successive 100-yard games, ran 21 times for 58 yards, including touchdown runs of 1, 3 and 6 yards for Denver.

P. Manning seems to hate the cold. He's not a man to be kept down for long. That's pretty normal and we'll see how he responds this week in a better climate.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    That's what the post game was mentioning all night long.