Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Winners - Losers Packers vs. Falcons

I also wonder about Rodgers last night. He had at least three passes that wobbled much more than normal, one took a nosedive before it got to the receiver. I have rarely seen him throw wobblers without there being a tip, but that did not appear to be the case last night. The two I distinctly remember were in the first half. Not sure when third was.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I also wonder about Rodgers last night. He had at least three passes that wobbled much more than normal, one took a nosedive before it got to the receiver. I have rarely seen him throw wobblers without there being a tip, but that did not appear to be the case last night. The two I distinctly remember were in the first half. Not sure when third was.
    Was one of them the one he underthrew to Nelson? Nelson made the catch but had to go down to do it. A good throw probably would've meant a TD.

Even so, Rodgers is the difference between home field advantage and not even having a .500 record. He's that good. When I saw the on-screen comparison of the numbers between Favre and Rodgers in the first 100 games for each's career, Rodgers' TD-INT ratio was incredibly better. And I think he's even thrown for more TD's. He's a way, way better QB than Favre was, even in his prime, if you go by the numbers.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Was one of them the one he underthrew to Nelson? Nelson made the catch but had to go down to do it. A good throw probably would've meant a TD.
    Yes, that was one. The other I remember (because replay on video board had a good angle) was a throw to the hash mark at about linebacker depth. It was either Adams or Cobb and it just dove into the turf behind the receiver. I think it was short of their feet.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Where the hell was Mike Daniels?
    Daniels was held out of practice last week due to a back problem. There was some uncertainty as to whether he would play.

I would like to blame his performance (more specifically the lack thereof) to his back and to missing practice this week; unfortunately. Mr. Talks Big has not been the most consistent player. While he has had some very good games, he has also been invisible in several earlier games this year, so who knows?

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    He's a way, way better QB than Favre was, even in his prime, if you go by the numbers.
    At this point, I don't think there is much question at all about this.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Yes, that was one. The other I remember (because replay on video board had a good angle) was a throw to the hash mark at about linebacker depth. It was either Adams or Cobb and it just dove into the turf behind the receiver. I think it was short of their feet.
    Well, there was one that he threw to Adams, but that one looked more like Adams ran a route different than the one Rodgers expected. I did, however, see Rodgers throw one uncharacteristically in a place where the DB could get his hands on it, instead of leading the receiver.

But Matt Stafford does that about ten times a game.

As for the Favre/Rodgers comparison, I meant it to underscore how very very very good Rodgers is. Favre was no slouch - considered by some (though not by me) to be the best QB ever to play in Green Bay before Roders arrived.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Not worried about the defense at all. First half was a great half and they coasted to victory. I am getting more worried about the redzone but hey can't really complain about the offense either...HOWEVER BLOCKED FREAKING EXTRA POINT!!!! WHAT THE F!!!
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

The special teams AND the defense looked disorganized in the 2nd half. THREE timeouts on defense?? Nice Chinese fire drill organization guys!

The special teams FG/PAT blocks and punt blocks/tips are inexcusable. The only good special teams were from Crosby's 53 yarder and Crosby making a tackle on Hester.

Lack of execution on offense and defense not adjusting to Julio Jones allowed ATL to crawl back in this. I get the feeling this team is playing to the level of its competition in most games.
    -digital dean

No "TROLLS" allowed!

Mason Crosby is clearly on my winners list.
    3/3 on FGs of 38, 33 and 53 yards. The 53 yarder with 4:33 remaining for a 13 point lead was big, with the way Atlanta was scoring.
    On nine kickoffs he kept Hester under control, with Atlanta's best starting position being their own 34.
    He made one tackle himself.

All in all, a solid performance, even with the extra point block, which looked like it was the result of a collapse in the blocking..

Blog Entries
    Winner - Jordy Nelson busts through the SI cover curse with a vengeance.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Daniels was held out of practice last week due to a back problem. There was some uncertainty as to whether he would play.

I would like to blame his performance (more specifically the lack thereof) to his back and to missing practice this week; unfortunately. Mr. Talks Big has not been the most consistent player. While he has had some very good games, he has also been invisible in several earlier games this year, so who knows?
    Mr. Talks Big ....is who?
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldean View Post
    The special teams AND the defense looked disorganized in the 2nd half. THREE timeouts on defense?? Nice Chinese fire drill organization guys!

The special teams FG/PAT blocks and punt blocks/tips are inexcusable. The only good special teams were from Crosby's 53 yarder and Crosby making a tackle on Hester.

Lack of execution on offense and defense not adjusting to Julio Jones allowed ATL to crawl back in this. I get the feeling this team is playing to the level of its competition in most games.
    " I get the feeling this team is playing to the level of its competition in most games. " digitaldean

If that's so that's plainly cockiness and that shit catch's up to you.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Mr. Talks Big ....is who?
    Mike Daniels.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Mike Daniels.

Based on his play: Again Who?!
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.