Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Winners - Losers Packers vs. Bills

Blog Entries
    WINNER: BULAGA

Did anybody hear Mario Williams name today while BB was blocking him

The Packers OL is a different group w/o him
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post

I dont recall anyone on the team being named that

We have a guy named beluga

Do you mean him?

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Pretty much everyone loses. Three road games against similar defenses (Seattle, Detroit, Buffalo), and all are terrible losses pretty much on the offense. The bad part about the loss at Buffalo is that it shows the Packers have made zero progress against an aggressive front four. Seattle is Buffalo with a better offense. There will be no road victory in Seattle, and now, even if they find a way to sneak in, the Packers cannot win there.

Bright side: At least we don't have to worry about playing at Detroit in the playoffs. That final home game probably will be a win and in game.
    Truer words have not been spoken.

I tip my hat in your general direction.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Btw, Hoes:

Tackling -
    Missed a bunch behind LOS. Why the fuck is Clinton-Dix still diving at people's feet? The motherfucker is like 6'1 220 lbs. Square up and knock people off their socks!
    What would you know about it?

He made a form tackle and grabbed the lead leg.

The guy spun out of the tackle.

Dix is one of the better rook S's I've seen in GB.

Go watch some tape on Collin's rookie year.

Shutdown, the great corner that never played the game.

I will agree with the Shotdown Corner about Rodgers pick on the throw to Cobb. He got lazy and assumed the single safety would follow Nelson deep. He didn't and Rodgers never spied him while looping a throw to make for an easy pitch and catch to Cobb. If he throws that as fast as some of his other short throws today the S doesn't get there in time.

Nelson's big drop came on a route that should have burned this defense over and over again; either a slant and go or an in and up. The route plus Rodgers pump fake eliminated the CB and the whole thing was wide open.

The Packers did get a victory in the second half, the Bills dropped one safety down to help with Lacy after his early second half success. Usually they burn that to death, but not today. Couldn't take advantage.

Masthay had a terrible day except for the third try at the one punt.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post

Super Mario was undone by Beluga.

But Super Mario got his revenge when he lined up against Tretter.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Better a shit game now than in the playoffs. FWIW.
    you're gonna get both. Packers haven't solved PKD.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    What would you know about it?

He made a form tackle and grabbed the lead leg.

The guy spun out of the tackle.

Dix is one of the better rook S's I've seen in GB.

Go watch some tape on Collin's rookie year.

Shutdown, the great corner that never played the game.
    My expertise comes from the fact that I grew up idolizing Prime Time...and I shut down Darren Charles in a HS football game.

Recall that Deion Sanders hated tackling. He would simply dive at folks feet when he had to tackle somebody.

If Clinton-Dix was 5'8", I'd understand his need to dive at people's feet. But the guy is built like a poor man's Sean Taylor. Square up, use his shoulders and knock people back to the stone age!

You don't see the Claymaker diving at people's feet. Clinton-Dix needs start tackling like the Claymaker. And it's late in the season; he needs to - to paraphrase McGinn - stop making stupid rookie mistakes!

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Losers - us

At the end of the day, the packers really screwed the pooch. Now playoffs don't look anywhere near as easy. Sigh, so close and yet so far.

you're gonna get both. Packers haven't solved PKD.
    PKD?

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Loser:

Boykin. That drop/tip that turned into an interception also got Bulaga hurt, if I remember correctly.
    I don't know, Joe. Just watched that play again and the defender all but tackled Boykin BEFORE the ball got there.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    PKD?
    Packer Kryptonite Defense™
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I thought it was Punting Kicking Defense.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Masthay had a terrible day except for the third try at the one punt.
    Regarding the onside kick after the safety...did I see Masthay drop kick it? It was a neat kick but wrong direction to the wrong place.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Rat Starter
    I'm trademarking C4MR - Crushing 4 Men Rush

I'm trademarking C4MR - Crushing 4 Men Rush
    That's a subset of Packer Kryptonite Defense™, which includes relentless two-high safety and/or smothering press coverage.

Packers will never win another SB with SSSGDAU.

Never.

Blog Entries
    My expertise comes from the fact that I grew up idolizing Prime Time...and I shut down Darren Charles in a HS football game.

Recall that Deion Sanders hated tackling. He would simply dive at folks feet when he had to tackle somebody.

If Clinton-Dix was 5'8", I'd understand his need to dive at people's feet. But the guy is built like a poor man's Sean Taylor. Square up, use his shoulders and knock people back to the stone age!

You don't see the Claymaker diving at people's feet. Clinton-Dix needs start tackling like the Claymaker. And it's late in the season; he needs to - to paraphrase McGinn - stop making stupid rookie mistakes!
    You are full of shit.

You never played ball.

If you were such a great DB, what's a pistol force, Tank?

You're on line, answer that one.

An ex-DB would know the answer instantly.

Googlle won't work for this one, you little bullshit artist

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    Packers will never win another SB with SSSGDAU.

Never.
    I hate to ask, but what's SSSGDAU?

Who in the hell is Darren Charles? I've never heard of a football player by THAT name.