Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Winners - Losers Packers vs. Bills

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    I completely agree with this assessment. Rodgers' greatest flaw is his inability to stick with fundamentals when he is facing a great front 4 that allows the defense to drop 7 into coverage. He gets happy feet as soon as the ball is in his hands, and he becomes incredibly inaccurate as a result. The guy needs to calm down and R-E-L-A-X. He was barely touched today. Sure, he had to scramble some. What do you expect against the team with the most sacks in the NFL? He made numerous horrible throws and I'm guessing improper footwork contributed to many of them. Usually, he can get away with it. Against a team that can drop 7 into coverage, he can't.
    Hold the phone there. Incredibly inaccurate is not a term that can be associated with Rodgers under almost any circumstances. Certainly not against all good defenses. Did you forget the NE game already?

Packer fans don't even know what inaccurate looks like anymore. Most of his misses hit the receiver and several others were back shoulder throws that no WR understood was going to be thrown. That is the mystery that needs to be solved because each was viable if the WR knew to look.

It was his worst game in years but its he's not inaccurate against good defenses normally. He also moves and throws as well as anybody in the game. So while it didn't work today, that doesn't happen each week. He had a horrible game, but he hasn't suddenly become horrible.
    Last edited by pbmax; 12-15-2014 at 12:13 AM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

losers...the entire o except lacy and the o-line. any so called skill position player stole money today.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    You used this deal to defend the banned one before.

It's a bullshit example.

I would have captured Valjean and de-pantsed him.
    I'm with KY. He should be gone, but, ultimately that's the mod's call. Though it's amazing to see he's still the same after all these years. Guess age doesn't bring wisdom/maturity or something like that.

Winners
    Lacy - if only he'd have been in the game more

The Defense - Did more than enough to win this game.

The O-line - Kept Rodgers clean and opened holes for the running game.

Losers
    Rodgers & the WRs - Not on the same page. Drops. Bad passes/decisions. Less awareness than normal. Just a terrible day.

McCarthy - Rodgers is struggling? Well gee Mike, why don't we throw 40+ times instead of feeding the RB averaging over 6 yards a carry.

Special teams - This could be our ultimate undoing. The coverage units had been solid until today. The blocking continues to be very worrisome.

You used this deal to defend the banned one before.

It's a bullshit example.

I would have captured Valjean and de-pantsed him.

** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    Winners

Losers
    Rodgers & the WRs - Not on the same page. Drops. Bad passes/decisions. Less awareness than normal. Just a terrible day.

McCarthy - Rodgers is struggling? Well gee Mike, why don't we throw 40+ times instead of feeding the RB averaging over 6 yards a carry.

Special teams - This could be our ultimate undoing. The coverage units had been solid until today. The blocking continues to be very worrisome.
    When I can muster the courage I'm going to try to watch my recording of the game.

From what I saw yesterday your view looks accurate.

I'm trying to recall the last time I saw the Green Bay Packers play 'a stinker' like that game was.

" What in hell was going on out there? "

It was all there and suddenly.....THE NO. 1 SEED .........................pffffffffffttttttt !!!!

Gone !! See yaa.....nice while the image lasted. I'm shockingly disappointed.

So now it's simply............................plan b
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    When I can muster the courage I'm going to try to watch my recording of the game.

From what I saw yesterday your view looks accurate.

I'm trying to recall the last time I saw the Green Bay Packers play 'a stinker' like that game was.

" What in hell was going on out there? "

It was all there and suddenly.....THE NO. 1 SEED .........................pffffffffffttttttt !!!!

Gone !! See yaa.....nice while the image lasted. I'm shockingly disappointed.

So now it's simply............................plan b
    I thought they had the #2 seed and now the #6 seed? Anyway, they can still get it back, right? I mean, we are relying on help, and we saw how that worked out yesterday, but if Arizona rises to the occasion and beats Seattle, and if Packers win the last two games, we are right back in it.

I know, if my aunt had balls she would be my uncle....

Winners

Losers

Lacy has a bad hip. It bothered him all week. They were not going to run Lacy 30 times. Maybe the argument can be made Starks should have gotten more carries. The problem with that is that is that they'd rather have Lacy in there most of the time for his superior pass blocking. Besides, I can't blame McCarthy too much for thinking Rodgers and his receivers would get their act together at some point. They usually do. It only would have taken 1 drive. Remember Miami?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by scrotum
    He played against a very tough Bills defense and instead of recklessly throwing the ball, he should continually handed the ball off to Eddie Lacy, the Packers toughest S.O.B.
    I agree. Hand the ball off and pound the crap out of that team. Drive them mercilessly.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I agree. Hand the ball off and pound the crap out of that team. Drive them mercilessly.
    But is that a critique of Rodgers, as scrotum suggests, or of McCarthy?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Got to admit that Tank has tried to blow this site up before. I am on KY's side.
    Ever hear of piling on?

Stay out of it.

P.L.E.A.S.E.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 12-15-2014 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Lacy has a bad hip. It bothered him all week. They were not going to run Lacy 30 times. Maybe the argument can be made Starks should have gotten more carries. The problem with that is that is that they'd rather have Lacy in there most of the time for his superior pass blocking. Besides, I can't blame McCarthy too much for thinking Rodgers and his receivers would get their act together at some point. They usually do. It only would have taken 1 drive. Remember Miami?
    This very well could be the case, but then you have to have Starks and Harris ready and be willing to use them. Planning to be limited in the run game with one of the deepest positions on the field seems self defeating.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I thought their DBs got away with a lot of crap today.
    So did Aaron Rodgers:

http://www.packers.com/media-center/...1-683580fe30bb

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Not much to like in this game. The overall play and piss poor coaching completely buried the few areas (defense, lacy, etc) that were low wattage bright spots. All we can hope is they use this as motivation for the remaining games and pray to the football gods that we get some help from other teams.

I'm with KY. He should be gone, but, ultimately that's the mod's call. Though it's amazing to see he's still the same after all these years. Guess age doesn't bring wisdom/maturity or something like that.
    He is not going to change into someone you like.

But lets look at that wisdom/maturity thing. Is it wise and mature for somebody to obsessively carry on a personal vendetta for months and years in the football forum? Is it wise and mature to call a high school principal to investigate the football career of a poster from an internet forum, then submit accusations?

Seems to me this forum only has two rules: you try to stick to topic of football, you don't post about people's personal life. Who is the criminal here?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    WINNER: BULAGA

Did anybody hear Mario Williams name today while BB was blocking him

The Packers OL is a different group w/o him
    I thought the entire O line played stellar. The Bills' defense is for real. They are ranked #5 in the league against the pass and total D (run was ranked #8). They kept that D line away from AR save a couple of questionable holding calls and opened holes for Lacy and IMO this bodes well for us going forward no matter WHO we play.
    Last edited by Pugger; 12-15-2014 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    loser: Rodger's MVP campaign
    Probably not. This defense bottled up Manning the week before.

A DB would know the answer, but consider this...

Tank didn't play in the game he brags about because it didn't happen.

Charles team destroyed the team Tank claims he played for 33-0.

Charles caught one pass for 18 yards in that game.

Can you imagine a real player bragging for years about a game in which his team got blown out 33-0?

When Tank started his bullshit years back, I called an old teammate of mine. his job? he was Darren Charles (SP, Pug) High School principal. He gave me the lowdown on the whole deal.

It's been fun over the years watching Tanky cling to his little lie.

Tell 'em the one about you ran a 4.4 in high school, but Barry Alvarez wouldn't give you a scholly because your GF was Black!

Yeah, kiss up to Woody, Rand, & Harlan. they seem to be your rabbi's on here.
    Nobody by the name Darren Charles played football. Darren Charles is a retired body builder! If Tank really played against him he'd know how to spell his name correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Very perceptive inference. Do you have any insight on why AROD played so shittily?
    Because he's human and not a robot? Rodgers had a crappy day. ALL QBs do. I doubt we'll see a day like this from him again any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    He is not going to change into someone you like.

But lets look at that wisdom/maturity thing. Is it wise and mature for somebody to obsessively carry on a personal vendetta for months and years in the football forum? Is it wise and mature to call a high school principal to investigate the football career of a poster from an internet forum, then submit accusations?

Seems to me this forum only has two rules: you try to stick to topic of football, you don't post about people's personal life. Who is the criminal here?
    I'm not taking sides but kudos to you. I always wish for harmony here yet hatred often rules.

You put forth an admirable argument. The thing is bitterness often lingers and that's sad yet true.

It's the mere humanness of humanity.