Thread: Fuzzy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Hey, one last Fuzzy story, when will I get to tell 'em again with freddy gone?

Fuzz was the uncrowned and crowned drinking champion of the NFL when he played.

Nobody could outdrink Fuzzy altho many tried.

Hornung told of a drinking contest btw Fuzz and Fran O'Brien, a OT for the Skin who also owned a big bar in Washington.

Fuzzy Max and Paul got to the bar ahead of the Redskins. Fuzzy immediately went to the bar and ordered a beer. Max and paul tried to get Fuzz to pace himself. "Don't worry boys, I need a few beers to get warmed up", said Thurston.

The Skins arrived and O'Brien and Fuzzy started drinking. They started off with Martini's and moved to different drinks. After and hour or so, O'Brien started to slow down and Fuzzy was yelling at him to finish. At and hour and a half, Fran started to wobble. Slightly before the two hour mark, O'Brien was down and out.

The Packers were cheering, but one of 'em yelled that Fuzz had to drink one more drink than O'Brien. Fuzzy chugged his drink and jumped up on the bar doing push-ups!

The Redskins straggled out, but Fuzzy stayed at the bar with the boys and drank for two MORE hours.

He was a beauty

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post

Hornung told of a drinking contest btw Fuzz and Fran O'Brien, a OT for the Skin who also owned a big bar in Washington.

Fuzzy Max and Paul got to the bar ahead of the Redskins. Fuzzy immediately went to the bar and ordered a beer. Max and paul tried to get Fuzz to pace himself. "Don't worry boys, I need a few beers to get warmed up", said Thurston.

The Skins arrived and O'Brien and Fuzzy started drinking. They started off with Martini's and moved to different drinks. After and hour or so, O'Brien started to slow down and Fuzzy was yelling at him to finish. At and hour and a half, Fran started to wobble. Slightly before the two hour mark, O'Brien was down and out.

The Packers were cheering, but one of 'em yelled that Fuzz had to drink one more drink than O'Brien. Fuzzy chugged his drink and jumped up on the bar doing push-ups!

The Redskins straggled out, but Fuzzy stayed at the bar with the boys and drank for two MORE hours.

He was a beauty
    Another great story

KY all this time I've posted and competed in the Pro Pickem' with you. I thought you were an older fella like myself.

You hung out with Tank !!? You ate pizza with him that his Mom made. WOW !?? Your actually a young trot?

Fool me once......

Seriously KY....I imagined somehow that you would be 25-30 years older than the member that once posted as Tank.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Another great story

KY all this time I've posted and competed in the Pro Pickem' with you. I thought you were an older fella like myself.

You hung out with Tank !!? You ate pizza with him that his Mom made. WOW !?? Your actually a young trot?

Fool me once......

Seriously KY....I imagined somehow that you would be 25-30 years older than the member that once posted as Tank.
    I hung out with Darren Charles high school principal.

Well before he had that job.

His dad was German and his mom full blooded Italian.

First real pizza I ever had and still some of the best I've ever eaten.

Definitely the best Chicken Caccitore ever.

Tank is 30 years younger than me

And, a lying little weasel.
    Last edited by KYPack; 12-16-2014 at 08:24 PM.

I hung out with Darren Charles high school principal.

Well before he had that job.

His dad was German and his mom full blooded Italian.

First real pizza I ever had and still some of the best I've ever eaten.

Definitely the best Chicken Caccitore ever.

Tank is 30 years younger than me

And, a lying little weasel.
    OK .... I'm glad I've got that straight from the horses mouth. I was here.

A Pro Pickem' Special For The Playoffs:

I want more Packerrats playing a Pro Pickem for the playoffs.

KY...Would you start up another Pro Pickem at Yahoo for the playoffs?

jimx29 or wpony??

Maybe one of you fellas will set that up?
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 12-16-2014 at 08:38 PM.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    OK .... I'm glad I've got that straight from the horses mouth. I was here.

KY...Would you start up another Pro Pickem at Yahoo for the playoffs?
    I'll give it a try, Woodrow.

I had to drop out of the regular season.

There is no internet at our place in Western KY.

I'll try to set it up and make an announcement on the forum.

How many guys want to play?

I'll give it a try, Woodrow.

I had to drop out of the regular season.

I'll try to set it up and make an announcement on the forum.

How many guys want to play?
    KY... Thank You very much. I'd hope for approx. 20 players to get involved in a new Pro Pickem.

The regular Pro Pickem will continue to retain Yahoo standing. As you know KY ...we declare our Champ at the conclusion of Week 17.

I was scratchin' my head over you not being involved after some weeks this year. I wondered what happened to you.

I have the same issue at my country home in New Brunswick from July to Mid Oct. To get my picks in I need to take a lap top and find some joint that has WIFI. The good thing there is I can't second guess my gut feelings.

MAYBE YOU MIGHT USE THAT OPTION in the future !?

It's been an exciting year. The race for the Championship is very tight this season with 'only' 4 CP's separating the TOP FOUR.

Thanks again !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 12-16-2014 at 08:53 PM.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    you got running water out there?

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    you got running water out there?

No wifi, no land line, no cable, 2 analog TV stations.

The news doesn't even have NFL scores.

It's the land that time forgot out there.

Blog Entries

He was a beauty
    Great story KY thanks for that.

I'm pretty sure it's a biologic impossibility to dislike any human with the nickname Fuzzy - especially one who can party like that!

His pulling mate, Jerry Kramer, gave the final eulogy at the memorial today at the Lambeau Field Atrium where hundreds of well-wishers honored his life.

“It’s impossible to explain the relationship you had with a guy for 55 years,” Kramer said, fighting back tears.

“Native son, loved by everyone in Wisconsin. He had a way to light up your life. We’re going to miss him,” Kramer said, and then finished with this: “Fuz had a helluva ride, a wonderful journey.”