Thread: Bye, Bye Boykin (I think it's coming, or should be.)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    If ever a guy was playing himself off a roster, I think Boykin is doing it. He has had several drops in only a few targeted passes, then had the deflection yesterday for an interception. But that's not the worst of it. More significantly, Boykin semi gave-up on the TD punt return, then found himself barely out of position to make a tackle. STs are supposed to be his thing.

Just watched it several times. Boykin was angling toward the play, at first running hard, but looked to be out of it because the play was going away from him toward the sideline. He clearly let up a little. Masthay and Goodson were both going hard. Masthay was absolutely flying. The guy has some speed. Goodsen made a nice play to force Thigpen to cut back toward the center at about the 18 yard line, and because Masthay was going hard he had to cut in even further. Lo and Behold, there was Boykin who THEN tried to accelerate, but Thigpen was just barely out of his reach. Boykin stretched, got a hand on Thigpen, but nothing more. A better effort from Boykin and he might have saved the TD.

Time to give Janis some opportunities; or sign White or Gillett from the practice squad and see if they want to be NFL players more than Boykin apparently does.

I just checked plays to Boykin Patler and I 'only' see this:

3-4-BUF 34 ... (11:15) (Shotgun) 12-A.Rodgers pass short middle intended for 11-J.Boykin INTERCEPTED by 30-B.Rambo at BUF 20. 30-B.Rambo to BUF 48 for 28 yards (63-C.Linsley). GB-75-B.Bulaga was injured during the play. Pass bounced off receiver's hands at BUF 32. B.Bulaga walks off.

That was an unfortunate TO with the pass bouncing out of Boykin's hands and picked by B. Rambo.

More surprizing to me:

I see J. Nelson targeted a total of 14 times in the game and he made 5 receptions for 55 Yards (a long of 20 yards).

He was targeted a total of 10 times in the first half and was 3/10 for 19 Yards.

For a little comedic relief and NOT to take this thread off topic. I made this observation of another Packer on 'D'.

I know everyone is all over Mike Daniels and how much he contributes but Damn it was funny watching him pursue down the left hand sideline.

Tackle him...ahh not yet...OK tackle him... not quite yet...tackle him ... ahh not now...etc...etc.

That was somehow and unfortunately hilarious for me to see.

Message to Packer Trainers:

Mike Daniels and abdominal 'FAT' isn't working for him...unless it's going forward.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 12-15-2014 at 01:45 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau