Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The new "4th&26"?

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The new "4th&26"?

I guess it is my turn to make a thread about yesterday's fuck up. Had a feeling shit would go sour when all those INTs only turned into FGs. Game never had a good feel to it IMO and while my bro-in-law was talking SB party at my house I was saying that the game was not over and I had a bad feeling. So I wasn't really surprised as much as I was disgusted with how it played out.

Question for the rest of you loser bitches (yes we all are), is this the new 4th&26? That game was the catalyst for change IMO. Sherman and Favre lost a lot of shine in the fans eyes. That eventually resulted in the firing and changes that put the current Packers regime together. Can yesterday be the game that steers the Packers organization in a different direction?

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    I guess it is my turn to make a thread about yesterday's fuck up. Had a feeling shit would go sour when all those INTs only turned into FGs. Game never had a good feel to it IMO and while my bro-in-law was talking SB party at my house I was saying that the game was not over and I had a bad feeling. So I wasn't really surprised as much as I was disgusted with how it played out.

Question for the rest of you loser bitches (yes we all are), is this the new 4th&26? That game was the catalyst for change IMO. Sherman and Favre lost a lot of shine in the fans eyes. That eventually resulted in the firing and changes that put the current Packers regime together. Can yesterday be the game that steers the Packers organization in a different direction?
    Great another thread on yesterday. It is now 9 with 2 including polls!
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

You also need a poll about ranking the loss and another to assess our mental well-being.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

i heard somewhere on the tv after the game last night the sobering truth, that we have not been back to the super bowl for 5 years with one of the best QB's in nfl history

thats a lot of wasted years, i hope this makes people at 1265 realise that same changes need to be made and that we can't just "stay the course" like we usually do

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Umm who the fuck asked youto count threads? Are you serious? What the fuck is the place for then? Is this thread a duplicate?

Maybe YOU should have made a winning game thread yesterday mother fucker. Then maybe your pussylips mouth could be flapping about all the winning talk instead.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i heard somewhere on the tv after the game last night the sobering truth, that we have not been back to the super bowl for 5 years with one of the best QB's in nfl history

thats a lot of wasted years, i hope this makes people at 1265 realise that same changes need to be made and that we can't just "stay the course" like we usually do
    This is more along the lines of what I want to discuss. Everyone talks about how Favre's last years where wasted. Well gues what Rodgers ain't getting younger and if fuckers think another HOF QB will just land on the Packers lap then they are more inbred than I thought.

Fuck all of you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    I don't like doing this but his time it's so appropriate;

Whine you whiney BITCH ........... whine !

The team we support just suffered the worst collapse and loss of any team in NFC history in a Championship game; a lot of things that failed or were poorly conceived contributed to that result and not simply the misfortune of one man named Brandon Bostick.

If his Packer team mates can find the compassion to lend support to him and you can't.

What does that say about you ThunderDan?

Stop being a bitch !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-19-2015 at 06:31 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

I think some of the most important coaching of the Aaron Era will be done in the next few days....lot's of good young talent, O-line got it together, two young receivers coming online, get a good draft (again). If they didn't know it Saturday night, they should know now they are the best team in the NFL.
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

I don't think the Packers need to go in a different direction. They need to keep at it. They have the coach and GM that won them 1 Super Bowl. That's very different from Sherman who wouldn't have won it all if he stayed here 20 years. The 2 situations just comparable IMO.

Agree Joe. Some changes, some substantive but not wholesale changes.

If they do it again, change directions.

I think some minor cultural changes would be good. That also includes exploding out of the gate to start the season instead of a slow start.

Dumping some of the mediocre/average players on the team will help too.

Umm who the fuck asked youto count threads? Are you serious? What the fuck is the place for then? Is this thread a duplicate?

Maybe YOU should have made a winning game thread yesterday mother fucker. Then maybe your pussylips mouth could be flapping about all the winning talk instead.
    No shit...this is the day we get to go off and make threads about anything. This is therapy.

C.H.U.D.

I don't think this results in any changes. Sherman got two years after 4th and 26. He lost his GM gig after losing his hair and slim physique fretting about Mike McKenzie.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    The team we support just suffered the worst collapse and loss of any team in NFC history and a lot of things that failed or were poorly conceived contributed to that result and not simply the misfortune of one man named Brandon Bostick.
    The level of reading comprehension fail here is staggering.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I don't think this results in any changes. Sherman got two years after 4th and 26. He lost his GM gig after losing his hair and slim physique fretting about Mike McKenzie.
    The path was interesting.. After 4th and 26, Sherman needed a scapegoat for the loss so he canned Donatell and hired Slowik. That pissed off McKenzie who refused to play for the Packers. Bob Harlan became concerned about the effect the GM job was having on Sherman's coaching when Sherman was missing practices to deal with the Mckenzie situation. Sherman traded McKenzie for a 2nd round pick. to New Orleans. Ted Thompson was brought in as GM and drafted Nick Collins with the pick the Packers got for McKenzie.

The level of reading comprehension fail here is staggering.
    What is that?

A fire extinguisher in your hand?

Would you please elaborate on your response pbmax.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

GREAT stuff!!

is this the new 4th&26? That game was the catalyst for change IMO. Sherman and Favre lost a lot of shine in the fans eyes. That eventually resulted in the firing and changes that put the current Packers regime
    Brandon Marshall, MAN...!!
    Jimmie Johnson: Nascar's G.O.A.T......

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    What is that?

A fire extinguisher in your hand?

Would you please elaborate on your response pbmax.
    Covered again here: http://packerrats.com/showthread.php...l=1#post824641

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    The path was interesting.. After 4th and 26, Sherman needed a scapegoat for the loss so he canned Donatell and hired Slowik. That pissed off McKenzie who refused to play for the Packers. Bob Harlan became concerned about the effect the GM job was having on Sherman's coaching when Sherman was missing practices to deal with the Mckenzie situation. Sherman traded McKenzie for a 2nd round pick. to New Orleans. Ted Thompson was brought in as GM and drafted Nick Collins with the pick the Packers got for McKenzie.
    The Slowik hire was a catastrophe as was the instruction to blitz like crazy.

10-4.