Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
Right, the MVP award goes to best QB that makes playoffs.

I'm disagreeing with your theory that JJ Watt is not so great because his team didn't make playoffs.
I'm not so much dumping on the playoff miss...they were a Ravens loss away from making it.

I'm far more leaning toward the inferior schedule the Texans played in terms of facing experienced, elite QBs. Did Watt rack up this incredible season facing superior QB competition? Did he play in meaningful games against top talent? The answer is a resounding NO.

Did he face Tom Brady? No. Peyton Manning? No. Aaron Rodgers? No.

When the Texans did face an upper tier QB, they ALWAYS lost. Twice against Luck? Two losses. Once against Big Ben? Another loss. Once against Romo? Yet another loss.

In today's pass happy NFL, it is easier for QBs to put up numbers...and it is easier for DEs to rack up sacks. 20 sacks today is probably equal to 30+ just a generation ago. It isn't a stat that impresses me. Wins impress me. Wins over elite talent really impresses me. Watt did not have a win over elite talent. He had a great year. He's not the most valuable player in the league...not by a long shot.