Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: MVP debate: Who's most deserving? A.Rodgers - JJ Watt - T.Brady - P.Manning - D.Murray?

MVP debate: Who's most deserving? A.Rodgers - JJ Watt - T.Brady - P.Manning - D.Murray?

MVP debate: Who's most deserving?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12...demarco-murray

Our expert panel debates the merits of Rodgers, Murray, Watt, Brady, Manning
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

It is a race between Brady and Rodgers now. If Rodgers leads the Packers to 2 more wins and a bye in the NFC, he's the likely choice.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    It is a race between Brady and Rodgers now. If Rodgers leads the Packers to 2 more wins and a bye in the NFC, he's the likely choice.
    You are probably right, but it should be JJ Watt. He has been unbelievable. Tackles, sacks, passes defensed, interception TD, offensive TDs; really a remarkable season.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    You are probably right, but it should be JJ Watt. He has been unbelievable. Tackles, sacks, passes defensed, interception TD, offensive TDs; really a remarkable season.
    J.J. Watt for MVP !? Well........

He's also 'ALL the HYPE' of late.

I finally got through my recording of the Packers @ Bills and Moses,Jenkins and Aaron (brother of Moses).

If I never watched the NFL games and saw Aaron Rodgers for the first time and someone informed me that he was the leading NFL MVP candidate !

I would be in total disbelief.

He looked anything but on too many levels.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Rat Starter
    All that for a .500 team. I am sure the Texans could win 7 games without Watt. I doubt the Packers, Broncos, Cowboys and Pats would win 7 games without their MVP candidates.

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post

I finally got through my recording of the Packers @ Bills and Moses,Jenkins and Aaron (brother of Moses).
    Man, you definitely can take the pain. I'd rather commit suicide than rewatch that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    All that for a .500 team. I am sure the Texans could win 7 games without Watt. I doubt the Packers, Broncos, Cowboys and Pats would win 7 games without their MVP candidates.
    That's why the MVP won't be tainted and JJ Watt be the winner.

It's right now Aaron Rodgers MVP to lose and he did a fine job of getting there in Buffalo.

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    That's why the MVP won't be tainted and JJ Watt be the winner.

It's right now Aaron Rodgers MVP to lose and he did a fine job of getting there in Buffalo.
    Might as well switch the M and P in MVP around and call it the Peyton von Manning award. My bucks is on the Manning winning it again.

Agreed. Reference last season.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Man, you definitely can take the pain. I'd rather commit suicide than rewatch that game.
    If you need help, let me know.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

So Watt makes no difference at all? They've won 7 with him, and you are "sure" they could win 7 without him? If that were true, no team should ever pay more than minimum to anyone other than their QB.

How did the Patriots do in 2008, when Brady played only part of one game before missing the rest of the season?

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Agreed. Reference last season.
    There were issues beyond just the fact that Rodgers went down last season. I believe GB would have done better if GB had a backup who was prepared, or if Wallace had not been injured in the first series of his first start, or if Flynn had been there earlier. In short, the problem was that Tolzien was simply not ready to play.

Flynn brought them back to a tie against the Vikings. I think it is entirely plausible they would have won that game if Flynn had played the entire game. Thereafter, Flynn went 2-2. One loss was to Detroit at Detroit, in a game not unlike Rodgers' loss to them this year. The other was against Pittsburgh, when the Packers scored 31, but surrendered 38.

There were issues beyond just the fact that Rodgers went down last season. I believe GB would have done better if GB had a backup who was prepared, or if Wallace had not been injured in the first series of his first start, or if Flynn had been there earlier. In short, the problem was that Tolzien was simply not ready to play.

Flynn brought them back to a tie against the Vikings. I think it is entirely plausible they would have won that game if Flynn had played the entire game. Thereafter, Flynn went 2-2. One loss was to Detroit at Detroit, in a game not unlike Rodgers' loss to them this year. The other was against Pittsburgh, when the Packers scored 31, but surrendered 38.
    14 of those points did come off of Flynn turnovers (1 INT returned for a TD, 1 fumble recovered on the Packers 17), but for the most part I agree. Tolzien wasn't quite ready and, more than anything, I don't think they were ready for the possibility of starting the 3rd string QB.

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    If you need help, let me know.
    Thanks for the offer, but I have Dr. John Holmes, MD, PhD.

Rat Starter
    So Watt makes no difference at all? They've won 7 with him, and you are "sure" they could win 7 without him? If that were true, no team should ever pay more than minimum to anyone other than their QB.

How did the Patriots do in 2008, when Brady played only part of one game before missing the rest of the season?
    That Pats? They missed the playoffs.

Watt is an awesome player and he's having a great season. Would love to see Thompson trade an entire draft for him. Football is the ultimate team game and all that, but you just don't hand over the Heisman to a guy on a losing/mediocre team, not even if he rushed for 5000 yards and 30 TDs for a 0-12 team.

Green Bay Packers @packers #Packers

QB Aaron Rodgers finishes first in Pro Bowl fan voting:

pack.rs/27ivh pic.twitter.com/CmfMtViNLe

http://www.nfl.com/labs/rr/manoftheyear/dev

Walter Payton Man of the Year Award * Nominee Aaron Rodgers.

* One of this years 32 Nominees for this prestigious award.

" Aaron Rodgers is a strong activist for the Midwest Athletes Against Childhood Cancer (MACC) Fund, an organization working to cure childhood cancer and blood disorders. He recently eclipsed the $1.5 million mark in total monies raised through his own personal efforts, campaigns and events. "

GO Aaron GO !

It really shouldn't be an MVP award. People are used to that by now and perhaps earlier liked the rhyme.

If you want to recognize the best season, regardless of team or position, it has to be Most Outstanding Player. Because no one on the field is more important than the best QBs.

Watt would win the MOP.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I disagree with none of your factual points. I think it's a matter of definition. What is meant by "most valuable"? PB just hit on it, the term is somewhat anachronistic and may not be relevant to what we are discussing.