View Poll Results: How Will The Packers Do In The Postseason?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lose in Divisional Round

0 0%
  • Win Divisional Round/Lose NFC Title Game

14 50.00%
  • Win NFC Title/Lose Super Bowl

1 3.57%
  • Lombardi Trophy Baby!!

13 46.43%
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How Will The Packers Do In The Postseason?

How Will The Packers Do In The Postseason?

How will the Packers do in the playoffs?

Poll To Follow.

Packers showed toughness today. Seattle is overrated as they have dominated a string of backup QB's. They won't beat the Packers again.

This season has "the look". SB
    Go PACK

Wild card round is interesting. You have to give Dallas the edge over Detroit thanks to the Lions horrible record on the road against good teams...but if any team is capable of containing the Dallas run offense, it is Detroit. The Dallas defense isn't particularly stout either, so the Lions will have the chance to score some points. Carolina is going into the postseason very hot...and they are playing entirely on house money at this point...my bet would be that they dispatch Arizona.

If the Lions can pull off the upset, I think we get an easier matchup in the divisional round...but so does Seattle. Neither Carolina or Arizona scare me. They are not much different than the Lions...relying on defense to keep their team in the game due to meager offenses. Against a team like Green Bay, who doesn't turn the ball over, those teams face long odds. Dallas is the only team with a chance to win at Lambeau IMO. You know that is the matchup FOX is drooling over at this point.

Seattle will be tough to beat in their house. Their offense is weaker than last season...they really struggle to put points on the board at times. The Packers run game is key. If we can hurt Seattle on the ground like we did against Detroit, we stand a good chance of pulling the upset. Seattle doesn't have a dynamic receiver to torch us anymore. If you can contain Lynch, Seattle will be lucky to score more than 17.

As long as Rodgers gets back close to 100% with the extra week off, I give Green Bay an almost 40% chance of getting to the Super Bowl. Seattle has a slightly better chance...let's say 4 in 9. I really don't see much of a chance for anyone else at this point...Dallas might have about a 1 in 6 chance, and anyone else is an extreme longshot.

Right now...it is tough to say Green Bay will beat Seattle in their stadium. Green Bay has not been a strong road team and their special teams is a major liability at this point. If I was a betting man, I would put my money on Seattle.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Can Carolina be expected to give the Seachicken a game in Seattle?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Can Carolina be expected to give the Seachicken a game in Seattle?
    I don't think that is a walk-over for the Seahawks. Carolina is probably the team that Seattle would most like to avoid, as their defense probably keeps them in the game into the 4th quarter.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Detroit is 4-4 on the road, Dallas is actually 4-4 at home.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Blog Entries
    We lost a great opportunity to head to the SB when we f'cked up in Buffalo
    Homerism aside, I don't see us being able to take the jabs Seattle gives us before they knock us out
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    Detroit is 4-4 on the road, Dallas is actually 4-4 at home.
    Detroit's inability to get to Rodgers does not bode well for them at Dallas though. Dallas' OL may be playing even better than the Packers.

Seattle getting winner of Ariz/Carolina game so that's a walk over advance to NFC Championship game. Hawks have the clear advantage to represent NFC in Super Bowl for 2nd straight year.

Sad but true.

If the Packers make it to the Super Bowl, I don't see any reason they don't take out the AFC championship. They just need to get past Seattle (assuming both win in the divisional round).

The Packers ability to run on the Detroit defensive front is encouraging. As was their willingness to play a shorter passing game and let the WRs earn YAC. If the line stays healthy and Rodgers health holds, a game vs. Seattle is probably a 50/50 shot for the Packers.

I predict Packers wins a Divisional Round and loses the NFC Title Game to Seahawks. Seattle is not overhyped yet even the Seabirds are beatable but it's on their turf and they're the top team for a reason.
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2019,
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2018,
    PackerRats Pick'Em 2016-17 Champ + Packers year Survival Football Champ 2017,
    Rats Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2013,
    Ratz Survival Football Champ 2012,
    PackerRats1 Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    If the Packers make it to the Super Bowl, I don't see any reason they don't take out the AFC championship. They just need to get past Seattle (assuming both win in the divisional round).

The Packers ability to run on the Detroit defensive front is encouraging. As was their willingness to play a shorter passing game and let the WRs earn YAC. If the line stays healthy and Rodgers health holds, a game vs. Seattle is probably a 50/50 shot for the Packers.
    Yes, showing we can run on that defense was great. Before this game they were #1 against the run, #13 against the pass and #2 in total yards (the seachickens are #3, #1 and #1 respectively). I suspect had Rodgers been 100% that game isn't close. Thank god we have an extra week for him to heal.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post

Seattle is near unbeatable at home and there front four have shown to be able to pressure Rodgers w/o blitzing. Their LB's are very fast and at home they are stellar against the run.
    Their secondary is still probably the best in the NFL.

To me they are clear favorites at home. I would have considered us slight favorites at home...but slight. They are built to beat us. They are way better than Buffalo. If you look at our wins on the road we have not excelled there.

I have not read logic besides our gut feeling as Packer fans that would sway me o believe we have anything better than a 25 percent chance
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    They have guys like Bobby Wagner at LB and we have Brad Jones and A.J. Hawk. Sam Barrington is a nice player, but still only 2nd year and Clay is obviously playing out of position because of Jones and Hawk's production. May we find a tackling/covering machine like a Bobby Wagner, and in the 2nd round so as not to overspend on an obvious pick. Seattle does a great job filling their roster and not overspending.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    If GB gets to Seattle, there's no real reason we can't win. Seashits have won 12 games, just as we have. That means they've lost 4, incl. one at home. We're a team very much like Dallas. If the Cowgirls can win in Seattle, so can we.

One of the reasons we lost the first game was our game plan. Not challenging Sherman was stupid. If Stubby puts together a reasonable game plan, modeled on the Cowboy's win, we'll come out ahead. That's a mighty big "if," though. Stubby is stubby for a reason.

As far as the defense goes, it's completely different now compared to the 1st game of the season. Here again, Capers has to look at the Dallas win and game plan accordingly.

It may be all academic. I think because Dallas and GB are so much alike, the Cowboys will be our most difficult match up.

Win, lose or draw it's gonna be a fun post season.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Dallas is looking great and at home defeat the Matthew Stafford led Lions. Romo is the better QB. Dallas has the better running game.

I like Carolina over Arizona now. The Carolina 'D' is playing at the 2013 Season level. I like Carolina's balanced offense better as well.

Getting Dallas in Green Bay will be a well deserved win for the Packers given the Cowboys excellent road record this season.

Seattle will have it's hands full with the Panthers. This will be a good game but Seattle doesn't know what losing is now. This team is playing like a repeat Super Bowl winner.

Green Bay @ Seattle.

I'm not going to say this is easy but Seattle takes the Green Bay Packers because the Pack is snake bitten on the road. For some ridiculous reason the Pack can't travel well.

Sorry but I'm not seeing the Packers after Bufalo going to the Super Bowl. That loss really hurt.

Seattle will be the NFC representative in the 2015 Super Bowl.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Oooops ! Somehow I got a double post.

What's wrong with the Packers?

On the offense TT has to keep the OL intact. He must sign Randall Cobb. TT needs to improve the team at TE.

On Defense:

It's been better on defense of late.

The Team needs more defensive speed to the ball and bigger CB's. The defense has to tackle harder. The defense has to be feared like the Seattle defense is FEARED.

On ST's:

The Packers ST's is far from right.

The Packers need more returning kicks and punts. We need to see more out of the Packers punter.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 12-29-2014 at 08:11 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    Seattle getting winner of Ariz/Carolina game so that's a walk over advance to NFC Championship game. Hawks have the clear advantage to represent NFC in Super Bowl for 2nd straight year.

Sad but true.
    Seattle gets AZ/NC winner ONLY if the Cowboys win. Seattle gets the lowest seed available next round.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Packers pass protection has improved, but it will need to maintain it on the road in Seattle. That depends on Linsley and the Tackles. If they can hold, the passing game will be OK.

Challenging Sherman isn't going to win a game by itself (Packers just won without throwing a meaningful pass to Adams), but running their routes from motion and bunches, to get off press man coverage, will help. This is one of the things M3 changed to ignite the offense after the first 3 games.