Thread: MVP debate: Who's most deserving? A.Rodgers - JJ Watt - T.Brady - P.Manning - D.Murray?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    All that for a .500 team. I am sure the Texans could win 7 games without Watt. I doubt the Packers, Broncos, Cowboys and Pats would win 7 games without their MVP candidates.
    Agreed. Reference last season.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Agreed. Reference last season.
    There were issues beyond just the fact that Rodgers went down last season. I believe GB would have done better if GB had a backup who was prepared, or if Wallace had not been injured in the first series of his first start, or if Flynn had been there earlier. In short, the problem was that Tolzien was simply not ready to play.

Flynn brought them back to a tie against the Vikings. I think it is entirely plausible they would have won that game if Flynn had played the entire game. Thereafter, Flynn went 2-2. One loss was to Detroit at Detroit, in a game not unlike Rodgers' loss to them this year. The other was against Pittsburgh, when the Packers scored 31, but surrendered 38.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    There were issues beyond just the fact that Rodgers went down last season. I believe GB would have done better if GB had a backup who was prepared, or if Wallace had not been injured in the first series of his first start, or if Flynn had been there earlier. In short, the problem was that Tolzien was simply not ready to play.

Flynn brought them back to a tie against the Vikings. I think it is entirely plausible they would have won that game if Flynn had played the entire game. Thereafter, Flynn went 2-2. One loss was to Detroit at Detroit, in a game not unlike Rodgers' loss to them this year. The other was against Pittsburgh, when the Packers scored 31, but surrendered 38.
    14 of those points did come off of Flynn turnovers (1 INT returned for a TD, 1 fumble recovered on the Packers 17), but for the most part I agree. Tolzien wasn't quite ready and, more than anything, I don't think they were ready for the possibility of starting the 3rd string QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post

I disagree with none of your factual points. I think it's a matter of definition. What is meant by "most valuable"? PB just hit on it, the term is somewhat anachronistic and may not be relevant to what we are discussing.

The media is all over this:

Add Tony Romo and to some extent Russell Wilson to the NFL MVP conversation.

Might Tony Romo win this award? Discuss.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau