Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Week 16 Other Games Thread - Go Redcoats, BearDown and Cowgirls(?)

Rat Starter

The Official Week 16 Other Games Thread - Go Redcoats, BearDown and Cowgirls(?)

Anyone watching tonite's Titian-Jaguar battle for southern subparity? Cos I'm not.

That pbmax has me confused. A Packers win plus a Cowboys win = playoffs for Packers? JSO, ESPN, CBSsports and JohnElwayIsAGod.com all say so.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Great game
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Bortles and James

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

The game went about as one might expect.

Two teams struggling for or to avoid all the hype associated with owning the NO. 1 Draft Pick.

One team Tennessee better on 'O' than the other Jacksonville with a superior 'D' and at home.

Question:

Which team do you pick when straws separate them in overall efficiency?

Right !

That team won the game.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Anyone watching tonite's Titian-Jaguar battle for southern subparity? Cos I'm not.

That pbmax has me confused. A Packers win plus a Cowboys win = playoffs for Packers? JSO, ESPN, CBSsports and JohnElwayIsAGod.com all say so.
    NFL.com still says nope. The only way a Cowboys win puts the Pack in this week is if its combined with an Eagles loss OR combined with a Packers and Eagles games both ending in a tie.

The Packers clinch a playoff spot with:
    1) a win plus an Eagles loss or tie
    2) a win plus a Cowboys loss or tie
    3) a tie plus an Eagles loss
    4) a tie plus an Eagles tie and a Cowboys win or tie
    5) an Eagles loss plus a Cowboys win or tie.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ffpicture_news
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post

Two teams struggling for or to avoid all the hype associated with owning the NO. 1 Draft Pick.
    fans care about this crap. Players on the field really don't.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    NFL.com still says nope. The only way a Cowboys win puts the Pack in this week is if its combined with an Eagles loss OR combined with a Packers and Eagles games both ending in a tie.

The Packers clinch a playoff spot with:
    1) a win plus an Eagles loss or tie
    2) a win plus a Cowboys loss or tie
    3) a tie plus an Eagles loss
    4) a tie plus an Eagles tie and a Cowboys win or tie
    5) an Eagles loss plus a Cowboys win or tie.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ffpicture_news
    I think you are mixing it up, if I'm understanding. The scenario above is an or situation. A Packers win + Eagles loss gets the Packers in OR Packers win + Cowboys win. If the Cowboys win or Eagles lose, the Cowboys clinch the East. The Packers own the tiebreaker against the Eagles.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    I think you are mixing it up, if I'm understanding. The scenario above is an or situation. A Packers win + Eagles loss gets the Packers in OR Packers win + Cowboys win. If the Cowboys win or Eagles lose, the Cowboys clinch the East. The Packers own the tiebreaker against the Eagles.
    That is what ESPN is saying. But that chart is a list of OR scenarios that are separate scenarios each.

Packers can clinch if Eagles lose AND Cowboys win or tie.

Packers can clinch with tie AND Eagles loss.

Packers can clinch with tie AND Eagles tie and Cowboys win or tie.

The only way a Cowboys win gets the Packers in (regardless of what Pack does) is if Eagles lose or tie.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

These also involve Packers:

The Lions clinch the NFC North with: a win and a Packers loss.

The Lions clinch a first-round bye with a win, a Packers loss and a Cowboys loss.

The Cowboys clinch a playoff berth with: a win plus a Packers loss or tie plus a Lions loss or tie as long as both results don't tie.

Blog Entries
    A Cowboys win plus an Eagles win would force a Packers win to clinch. The Cowboys clinch the East but if the Packers lose out and the Eagles win out the Packers are out out.

I'd say it's likely the Eagles win out vs. the dysfunctional and possibly checked-out Skins and Giants remaining.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    My head hurts.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

"Some people try to find things in this game that don't exist; but football is only two things - blocking and tackling."

- Dan Devine

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    My head hurts.
    take some ibuprofen

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25521617

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Oh boy, "Enhanced Longevity." But will I get to feel like I'm 80 again?
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    A Cowboys win plus an Eagles win would force a Packers win to clinch. The Cowboys clinch the East but if the Packers lose out and the Eagles win out the Packers are out out.

I'd say it's likely the Eagles win out vs. the dysfunctional and possibly checked-out Skins and Giants remaining.
    1) We're not talking about the Packers losing out.

2) We're talking about scenarios where Dallas wins + Green Bay wins this week. pbmax had stated a Dallas win + Green Bay win doesn't guarantee a playoff spot for Green Bay. According to ESPN's playoff machine, if the Cowboys win this week and we win, we are in. Let's say Dallas, Philadelphia, and Green Bay all win this week. Dallas and GB at 11-4 with Philly at 10-5. If we lose next week, we'll be 11-5. If Dallas and Philadelphia win next week, the Cowboys we'll win the East at 12-4. Green Bay would own the tiebreaker over Philly by virtue of their win over Philly. GB would be a Wild Card. If Dallas loses and Philly wins next week, the Eagles we'll win the East. The tiebreaker with Dallas would flip to Green Bay by virtue of a better conference record. GB would be a Wild Card. If Philly loses next week, we'd have a better record. GB would be a Wild Card. I just don't see a scenario where GB doesn't make the playoffs with a win + Dallas win this week.

The nice thing is, rooting for a Dallas win isn't rooting against a first round bye. Dallas would own the tiebreaker over us if we lost a game because our conference record would be the same as Dallas but they own the next tiebreaker. However, if we win out, we own the tiebreaker on the basis of a better conference record.

Go Green Bay and Go Dallas!
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    "Some people try to find things in this game that don't exist; but football is only two things - blocking and tackling."

- Dan Devine
    That explains a lot about Devine actually.

2) We're talking about scenarios where Dallas wins + Green Bay wins this week. pbmax had stated a Dallas win + Green Bay win doesn't guarantee a playoff spot for Green Bay. According to ESPN's playoff machine, if the Cowboys win this week and we win, we are in. Let's say Dallas, Philadelphia, and Green Bay all win this week. Dallas and GB at 11-4 with Philly at 10-5. If we lose next week, we'll be 11-5. If Dallas and Philadelphia win next week, the Cowboys we'll win the East at 12-4. Green Bay would own the tiebreaker over Philly by virtue of their win over Philly. GB would be a Wild Card. If Dallas loses and Philly wins next week, the Eagles we'll win the East. The tiebreaker with Dallas would flip to Green Bay by virtue of a better conference record. GB would be a Wild Card. If Philly loses next week, we'd have a better record. GB would be a Wild Card. I just don't see a scenario where GB doesn't make the playoffs with a win + Dallas win this week.

The nice thing is, rooting for a Dallas win isn't rooting against a first round bye. Dallas would own the tiebreaker over us if we lost a game because our conference record would be the same as Dallas but they own the next tiebreaker. However, if we win out, we own the tiebreaker on the basis of a better conference record.

You have to figure in a three way tie to wild card scenarios. Presumably, possibly remotely, there is a 3 team scenario where the Packers H2H win over Philly doesn't get them through.

Here we go. Now, recognize that it took me 8 minutes of fiddling to produce a 4 way tie for the wild card at 11-5 and the odds of the Packers making the playoffs today, before the result at Tampa is know is roughly 93%. But a GB win plus a Dallas win this week does NOT clinch a playoff spot. But regardless, their chances of being in the postseason are good. Winning at this point is more about the 2 seed than the 6 seed, versus making the tourney at this point.

EDIT: I did have a screen shot all cued up of the Packers and Cowboys both winning in Week 16 and Packers getting the tie breaking shaft at 11-5 but I screen capped Week 17 by mistake. Going back, the only way to get that scenario was to have Dallas lose out of conference this week (16) but win in conference next week (17). I could not create a scenario where the Packers were out if they and the Boys won this week.

It might be that a tie is necessary to produce that condition. And the playoff calculator doesn't do ties.
    Last edited by pbmax; 12-19-2014 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post

One team Tennessee better on 'O' than the other Jacksonville with a superior 'D' and at home.

Question:

Which team do you pick when straws separate them in overall efficiency?

Right !

That team won the game.
    THIS IS JUST AWESOME !

Check this out. It's so much better to win.

Posted: 17 hours ago

EXCLUSIVE: Gus Bradley Postgame Speech

Go inside the locker room as the Jaguars celebrate their win over the Titans on Thursday Night Football.

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery...d-8394dc5ac1fb

and In more Jaguars news;

Jacksonville QB Blake Bortles wants to start in spite of any lingering injury just like Brett Favre did.

He wants to chase Favre NFL consecutive starts streak record.

I want to be reincarnated and live a life like Mr. Jean Beliveau did.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 12-19-2014 at 05:28 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Rat Starter

Well stated.