Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: The Official Week 16 Other Games Thread - Go Redcoats, BearDown and Cowgirls(?)

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    So you think the way GB is playing NOW is good enough to beat how Seattle is playing NOW? If so, it might be time to lay off the kool aid for while.
    No, the shocking thing is that it's you posting negative stuff about GB. Usually you are the rose-covered-glasses, positive, sunny outlook rainbows and unicorn guy.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Ya, the ket to beating Denver is to blitz Manning and beat the crap out of him, even if you take a penalty or two. his willingness to take hits goes away very fast. Denver has a defense that will keep them in some games, but even if they should sneak back into the SB, they will get pulverized again. Seattle is perfectly happy taking a handful of penalties on defense to get the QB's head on a swivel.
    Paul Guenther, Cincy DC did a fantastic job of crafting a great game plan. The Bengals ran assorted fire zones (zone blitzes) that took away Manning's hot reads. Manning would read the blitz and go to the blitz control route. A big 'ol DE would be standing right there and Peyton would have to move off his spot. With that huge knee brace, he can't maneuver to his left at all. I couldn't help wondering if they couldn't get him a knee protector that would allow him to move better.

That said, the Denver OLine played like shit. Both OT's were spotty at best.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Paul Guenther, Cincy DC did a fantastic job of crafting a great game plan. The Bengals ran assorted fire zones (zone blitzes) that took away Manning's hot reads. Manning would read the blitz and go to the blitz control route. A big 'ol DE would be standing right there and Peyton would have to move off his spot. With that huge knee brace, he can't maneuver to his left at all. I couldn't help wondering if they couldn't get him a knee protector that would allow him to move better.

didn't see the game, but that defense requires some discipline. Packers ran that against Buffalo a couple of times, and blew it once when Peppers didn't drop to cut off the hot read to the TE.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Dalton is horrible.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post

Yup. Blitz Peyton Manning all game.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    You mean Seattle, Detroit, and Buffalo are not cupcakes on the road?
    Exactly, so what makes Seattle easier to beat now? The Packer offense sure as hell isn't playing any better, their strong suit on the road may actually be the defense.

Exactly, so what makes Seattle easier to beat now? The Packer offense sure as hell isn't playing any better
    Not against those types of teams, for sure. But maybe this is the year they break the PKD™ in the playoffs. Could happen. Maybe. sorta.

their strong suit on the road may actually be the defense.
    That's what made the difference in 2010. Won them the close games against Chicago that the offense couldn't put away. Made TO plays against the Steelers they had to have.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Not against those types of teams, for sure. But maybe this is the year they break the PKD™ in the playoffs. Could happen. Maybe. sorta.
    It's going to work until it doesn't.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Here's the thing this year... Seattle still has a very good defense that plays outstanding as a unit. They're aggressive, attacking, and cocky. And they're going to be much tougher at home. But I don't know if I buy that they're any better than last year. Their offense is certainly not, even though Richardson is coming on as a nice WR.

Green Bay's OL has really played well against better lines (Buffalo, the Jets, maybe Miami, (soon) Detroit). And their receivers have played better against a better secondary (New England). If the line comes in and plays well for Rodgers and Lacy, Rodgers spins it, Lacy smashes it, and the WRs can hang on to the ball in traffic, they are going to be hell for Seattle to deal with. Adams needs to step it up, Cobb needs to keep playing like a baby bull, and Lacy and Kuhn need to keep battering for them to win but I think they're getting a groove and getting more comfortable playing a more physical game.

The other heartening thing is that the defense does not totally fill me with dread now. I don't think it's the 2010 defense, but they look much more competent since Matthews started playing more of a hybrid role. Maybe they'll get exposed and tuned up again, but I don't get that feeling this year. Dallas might be able to tune them up a bit but Rodgers can pwn that Dallas D, too.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/23/sp...pgtype=article

Odell Beckham Jr.’s Meteoric Rise Offers Tom Coughlin Chance to Mentor

By BILL PENNINGTONDEC. 22, 2014

Comment woodbuck27:

Odell Beckham is an extraordinary talent.

I'll be surprized if he's not the NFL Rookie of the Year.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau