View Poll Results: What does Pack need to get done?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dominate. Establish swagger for playoffs

4 14.81%
  • Get the W and the bye

22 81.48%
  • Not important, they won SB from wildcard before

0 0%
  • other

1 3.70%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Where is bar set for Lions game?

Where is bar set for Lions game?

Can't have too many polls.

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    I voted get the W, but I would at least like to see the offense play like we know they can. They haven't put together a really good quarter of offense since the first half of the Atlanta game. Prove you can do anything against a decent D please.

Let's simply win the game.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by channtheman View Post
    I voted get the W, but I would at least like to see the offense play like we know they can.
    I think Dallas and Seattle have looked a lot better than Detroit lately. I would agree with you if Detroit was hot, but under circumstances I really think pack needs to pull their dicks out and swing them a bit. Maybe a Johnny Football money gesture or two. They need to show that they will run with the big dogs in two weeks.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't like how this poll shows what you picked. Harlan trying to shame you out of voting for what you want.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar

Setting the bar or sitting at a bar...discuss.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    I don't like how this poll shows what you picked. Harlan trying to shame you out of voting for what you want.
    Timid souls voted for Packers to play not to lose.
    Posters with the heart of a champion dared to expect the best.

I didn't have to look, I knew where to find you.

I voted for just getting the W. You don't get extra credit for showing swagger.

I voted other because Harlan always spells pole wrong when he says "Can't have too many polls."

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    QFT
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    I voted other because Harlan always spells pole wrong when he says "Can't have too many polls."
    Post of the day, so far.

In Pro Sports:

"Swagger puts a bulls eye on your back."
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

In Pro Sports:

"Swagger puts a bulls eye on your back."
    Seattle have been bullies last 4 games or so. I don't think they are losing sleep over swagger bullseye.

Packers have looked like Kings of NFC North. "Good enough, smart enough, and dog-gone-it, people like them." Until they get plastered out west.

any of you losers who are satisfied with the Packers edging-out the sort-of-good Lions on their damn homefield Sunday can kiss my ass. Then my balls - a little lower, please. The Packers have not been playing well enough to just coast into the bye week.

We need to see Super Bowl caliber play!
    When do we need it? Sunday!

Sunday! Sunday! Sunday! At Lambeau Field.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Seattle have been bullies last 4 games or so. I don't think they are losing sleep over swagger bullseye.

Packers have looked like Kings of NFC North. "Good enough, smart enough, and dog-gone-it, people like them." Until they get plastered out west.

any of you losers who are satisfied with the Packers edging-out the sort-of-good Lions on their damn homefield Sunday can kiss my ass. Then my balls - a little lower, please. The Packers have not been playing well enough to just coast into the bye week.

We need to see Super Bowl caliber play!

Sunday! Sunday! Sunday! At Lambeau Field.
    2009 - Packers smoke the resting Cardinals. Lose in a shootout a week later.
    2010 - Packers win a very ugly game against the Bears to claim a Wild Card spot and then roll to the Super Bowl.
    2011 - Packers beat the Lions despite Flynn starting. Get blown up by the Giants a week later.
    2012 - Packers lose to the Vikings, then beat the Vikings a week later. The 49ers then run all over them.
    2013 - Packers win vs. the Bears in thrilling fashion, and then fall to the 49ers on a game winning FG.

Momentum/confidence is important, but that doesn't mean squat if it doesn't carry over. Just win, get the bye, and get everyone healthy and ready to go. 40-0, 40-35, 10-3, doesn't matter how.

You can look at the recent Super Bowl winners and see their uneven performances in December. The Seahawks last year went 2-2 in December and then turned it on for the playoffs. The Ravens went 1-4 in 2012 but still won the Super Bowl. The Giants did go 3-1 in 2009. The Packers were looking great offensively though they did drop the game vs. the Chiefs. The Saints went 2-3 in 2009 (including resting Brees in the final game).

Etc, so on, and so forth.

Timid souls voted for Packers to play not to lose.
    Posters with the heart of a champion dared to expect the best.

I didn't have to look, I knew where to find you.
    So that explains your vote in the Pack v Patriots prediction thread?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    So that explains your vote in the Pack v Patriots prediction thread?
    What safe prediction did I make there? Or was I reckless? I think I said Packers had to score a zillion points to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    2010 - Packers win a very ugly game against the Bears to claim a Wild Card spot and then roll to the Super Bowl.
    2011 - Packers beat the Lions despite Flynn starting. Get blown up by the Giants a week later.
    2012 - Packers lose to the Vikings, then beat the Vikings a week later. The 49ers then run all over them.
    2013 - Packers win vs. the Bears in thrilling fashion, and then fall to the 49ers on a game winning FG.

Momentum/confidence is important, but that doesn't mean squat if it doesn't carry over. Just win, get the bye, and get everyone healthy and ready to go. 40-0, 40-35, 10-3, doesn't matter how.

You can look at the recent Super Bowl winners and see their uneven performances in December. The Seahawks last year went 2-2 in December and then turned it on for the playoffs. The Ravens went 1-4 in 2012 but still won the Super Bowl. The Giants did go 3-1 in 2009. The Packers were looking great offensively though they did drop the game vs. the Chiefs. The Saints went 2-3 in 2009 (including resting Brees in the final game).

Striker, on the other hand, is bringing his "A-Game" this December.

Many question whether he can sustain this for the playoff run. Peter King says he's just a flash in the pan. Jaws has been critical of his mechanics. Michael Irvin snorted a line of blow from between a hookers boobs and then babbled incoherently. Howie Long scowled.

Wood Buck posted a non sequitur, Rand posted something insulting, Tank posted something slightly inflammatory but funny nonetheless.

Maybe Harlan can make a pole.

I think this is an unusual year. I can't remember another year where Packers had a very good team, but another team in NFC looked about as unbeatable as a team can look. Packers have never demonstrated that they have the horses to go into Seattle and win. It would do wonders for their confidence, or at least mine, to see them look good against a strong defense Sunday. That task remains on their 2014 bucket list.

I think this is an unusual year. I can't remember another year where Packers had a very good team, but another team in NFC looked about as unbeatable as a team can look. Packers have never demonstrated that they have the horses to go into Seattle and win. It would do wonders for their confidence, or at least mine, to see them look good against a strong defense Sunday. That task remains on their 2014 bucket list.
    You only have to go back four years or so to find a close parallel.

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post

Good research and yes.

The Packers aren't a swaggering style team anyway.

I've got zero problem if the Green Bay Packers stomp on the Detroit Lions. Simply be grateful for that and with humility prepare for the next BIG Game in two weeks.