Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Praise For Corey Linsley

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    That, I think, will be interesting. There was an article, probably by McGinn, at the end of TC, with comments from scouts who watched Tretter play. They were glowing. One said it looked like TT had found a guy who would be a perenial all-pro. Another comment was that they already had Tretter doing things that very few centers are even capable of doing. One said GB might be able to do some uncommon things with him, making it difficult to prepare for them.

All based on preseason, I know, but interesting none the less.
    What to do with Tretter? Just look at the ages of the Packers starters:

Bakhtiari 23
    Sitton 28
    Linsley 23
    Lang 27
    Bulaga 25

Of course, Tretter still has to prove he can make it to the regular season healthy. But if he does, they'll have to find a spot for him or lose him to FA in a couple years. I think Lang is the one most vulnerable to a challenge, but MM really likes him.

That, I think, will be interesting. There was an article, probably by McGinn, at the end of TC, with comments from scouts who watched Tretter play. They were glowing. One said it looked like TT had found a guy who would be a perenial all-pro. Another comment was that they already had Tretter doing things that very few centers are even capable of doing. One said GB might be able to do some uncommon things with him, making it difficult to prepare for them.

A pulling center against certain Defensive fronts is like having a catcher who can hit with power and has speed. Its just unfair.

But there is a question of what to do with Linsley then. Who might already be playing at a Pro Bowl level and isn't ideally suited for other positions. Might come down to how well he plays Guard.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    A pulling center against certain Defensive fronts is like having a catcher who can hit with power and has speed. Its just unfair.

But there is a question of what to do with Linsley then. Who might already be playing at a Pro Bowl level and isn't ideally suited for other positions. Might come down to how well he plays Guard.
    Or, as a proven NFL capable center who snapped the ball to this year's NFL MVP (cheating a little there, I know) is he pretty significant trade bait? Low second high third anyways, hell Dallas just burned a 1st rounder on Frederick.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post

Bakhtiari 23
    Sitton 28
    Linsley 23
    Lang 27
    Bulaga 25

Of course, Tretter still has to prove he can make it to the regular season healthy. But if he does, they'll have to find a spot for him or lose him to FA in a couple years. I think Lang is the one most vulnerable to a challenge, but MM really likes him.
    Lang would surprise me. Before Tretter was healthy, he was the first choice to move out to tackle when there was an injury there. Of course, if Barlay comes back, maybe they have their backup tackle elsewhere.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

What kind of uncommon things can you do with a center that would qualify for this statement?

And I too am interested to see what they'll do next year. Linsley has been good--really good. But the Pack may be in a situation where they have a Top 5 center (Linsley) vs a Top 2 center (Tretter). Or a Top 10 (Linsley) vs another Top 10 (Tretter). Who knows? But I find it fascinating that they hit homeruns twice.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...e-runs/page/10

Corey Linsley (Rd. 5 and 161 Overall) ... looks like a 2014 Draft Home Run.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Another comment was that they already had Tretter doing things that very few centers are even capable of doing. One said GB might be able to do some uncommon things with him, making it difficult to prepare for them.
    Fumblerooski!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post

Bakhtiari 23
    Sitton 28
    Linsley 23
    Lang 27
    Bulaga 25

Keep him onboard and keep developing linemen behind the starters and Tretter. You can never have enough capable players on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    Keep him onboard and keep developing linemen behind the starters and Tretter. You can never have enough capable players on the line.
    This all day long. I'm hoping we don't lose Bulaga to FA this offseason.