Thread: Winners - Losers Packers vs. Bucs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Loser: Brandon Bostick.

Man, you could be catching passes down the middle of the field from Aaron Rodgers, but instead you're wrestling with someone else's linebacker on coverage teams.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Loser: Brandon Bostick.

Man, you could be catching passes down the middle of the field from Aaron Rodgers, but instead you're wrestling with someone else's linebacker on coverage teams.
    What happened with Bostick? I know he was hurt in the latter part of training camp and the start of the season, but I wonder why he hasn't made any kind of an impact? Weren't the reports out of TC that he was doing well? He wouldn't be the first or last camp phenom, but come on! We need a seam route guy. Hard to rely on Richard Rodgers being that he is a rookie. At this point, what are the chances that any of the TE's make a solid contribution as receivers this season/post-season?
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    What happened with Bostick? I know he was hurt in the latter part of training camp and the start of the season, but I wonder why he hasn't made any kind of an impact? Weren't the reports out of TC that he was doing well? He wouldn't be the first or last camp phenom, but come on! We need a seam route guy. Hard to rely on Richard Rodgers being that he is a rookie. At this point, what are the chances that any of the TE's make a solid contribution as receivers this season/post-season?
    Reports out of training camp were mixed. he was making plays...when he ran his routes correctly. Lack of confidence in his route running has kept him on the bench. He's not a rookie. If he doesn't know the offense in his 3rd year, have to wonder if he ever will. Huge disappointment.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Reports out of training camp were mixed. he was making plays...when he ran his routes correctly. Lack of confidence in his route running has kept him on the bench. He's not a rookie. If he doesn't know the offense in his 3rd year, have to wonder if he ever will. Huge disappointment.
    I hadn't heard that, Joe. Well, if that's the case, weird that he made the team at all. Maybe there's that tease factor where they think he will figure it out, or just needs a little success to build his confidence, but his playing time in the passing game has been very limited, so where is that confidence going to come from? So, if he can't really play, I'm surprised a guy like him stays and a special teams guy like Ryan Taylor gets cut. I would think Taylor more valuable to the team because he is likely better on special teams.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    I hadn't heard that, Joe. Well, if that's the case, weird that he made the team at all. Maybe there's that tease factor where they think he will figure it out, or just needs a little success to build his confidence, but his playing time in the passing game has been very limited, so where is that confidence going to come from? So, if he can't really play, I'm surprised a guy like him stays and a special teams guy like Ryan Taylor gets cut. I would think Taylor more valuable to the team because he is likely better on special teams.
    Yeah, Joe has this right. More than once he had the catch of the day and then the next day the coaches would say he needs to get his game together to progress.

Just like McAdoo butted heads with Finley, Fontenot seems to be butting heads with Bostick.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.