Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Winners - Losers Packers vs. Bucs

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Loser: Brandon Bostick.

Man, you could be catching passes down the middle of the field from Aaron Rodgers, but instead you're wrestling with someone else's linebacker on coverage teams.
    What happened with Bostick? I know he was hurt in the latter part of training camp and the start of the season, but I wonder why he hasn't made any kind of an impact? Weren't the reports out of TC that he was doing well? He wouldn't be the first or last camp phenom, but come on! We need a seam route guy. Hard to rely on Richard Rodgers being that he is a rookie. At this point, what are the chances that any of the TE's make a solid contribution as receivers this season/post-season?
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    . Disappointment in a position is kinda weak when placed at a rookie's feet.

good thing we didn't need to make the same excuse for our center
    Last edited by Bretsky; 12-22-2014 at 10:03 PM.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    good thing we didn't need to make the same excuse for our center
    Linsley is starting, Rodgers is not.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    What happened with Bostick? I know he was hurt in the latter part of training camp and the start of the season, but I wonder why he hasn't made any kind of an impact? Weren't the reports out of TC that he was doing well? He wouldn't be the first or last camp phenom, but come on! We need a seam route guy. Hard to rely on Richard Rodgers being that he is a rookie. At this point, what are the chances that any of the TE's make a solid contribution as receivers this season/post-season?
    Reports out of training camp were mixed. he was making plays...when he ran his routes correctly. Lack of confidence in his route running has kept him on the bench. He's not a rookie. If he doesn't know the offense in his 3rd year, have to wonder if he ever will. Huge disappointment.

Blog Entries
    Linsley is starting, Rodgers is not.
    As Chris Carter would say............COME ON MAN !!!!!!!!!!!

Rodgers had every chance to earn a spot
    The two guys he is competing with pretty much suck

Linsley.....when given a shot he embraced it and earned his spot

And truth be told he's ahead of a very capable starter...way more than RR can say
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I
    Quoting Chris Carter does little to bolster one's argument.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Reports out of training camp were mixed. he was making plays...when he ran his routes correctly. Lack of confidence in his route running has kept him on the bench. He's not a rookie. If he doesn't know the offense in his 3rd year, have to wonder if he ever will. Huge disappointment.
    I hadn't heard that, Joe. Well, if that's the case, weird that he made the team at all. Maybe there's that tease factor where they think he will figure it out, or just needs a little success to build his confidence, but his playing time in the passing game has been very limited, so where is that confidence going to come from? So, if he can't really play, I'm surprised a guy like him stays and a special teams guy like Ryan Taylor gets cut. I would think Taylor more valuable to the team because he is likely better on special teams.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

On this one I do agree with the Blamers of Play Calling. There are quite possibly only two WR threats to worry about, so why go five wide? Keep at least one if not two backs in and go with Q or Rodgers and a FB. Make the defense defend the entire thing because GB is one of the few teams that might hand it to the FB close to the goal line.
    Mac did say after the game if he could have a do-over there he would have put the ball in Rodgers' hand and not the FB there. I hope he remembers that in the future...

Rodgers had every chance to earn a spot
    The two guys he is competing with pretty much suck

Linsley.....when given a shot he embraced it and earned his spot

And truth be told he's ahead of a very capable starter...way more than RR can say
    And this has what to do with the outcome of the Bucs game?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    I hadn't heard that, Joe. Well, if that's the case, weird that he made the team at all. Maybe there's that tease factor where they think he will figure it out, or just needs a little success to build his confidence, but his playing time in the passing game has been very limited, so where is that confidence going to come from? So, if he can't really play, I'm surprised a guy like him stays and a special teams guy like Ryan Taylor gets cut. I would think Taylor more valuable to the team because he is likely better on special teams.
    Yeah, Joe has this right. More than once he had the catch of the day and then the next day the coaches would say he needs to get his game together to progress.

Just like McAdoo butted heads with Finley, Fontenot seems to be butting heads with Bostick.