Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Winners - Losers Packers vs. Bucs

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Why Rodgers?

Just another reminder that everybody who jumped all over Ted for drafting a guy way too early .........just may have been right
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Adams will be fine. He's struggling late in his rookie season. Same thing happened to Greg Jennings. I'll take TT's track record on WR's over anybody. Guess I'm a homer.

Blog Entries
    Hard to do much with 3 targets each.
    perhaps they should learn the meaning of separation; they often look like 2014 Badger WR's trying to get open
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Tough to call a guy out like that when he didn't get an opportunity to shine. Disappointment in a position is kinda weak when placed at a rookie's feet.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I really liked Allen Robinson
    Wist really liked Donte Moncrief

Many homers jumped on Ted's wagon right when they chose him; to me the two noted above showed more than Adams did this year.

I'm really disappointed Adams didn't continue to develop. We HAVE to bring back Randall Cobb.
    He's still percolating B-Man.

All these collge boys must learn that NFL pass is ON you right out of the break.

Kid has talent and tries to battle thru his rough spots.

But yeah, R Cobb is a special guy with Packer written all over him, sign him please.

A big guaranteed deal won't foul our cap, we need Cobb and Jordy.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Burnett was stud number 1 for the game. Lacy, Cobb and Nelson were a close second on the O.
    Clay, Peppers and Neal made an impact too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I really liked Allen Robinson
    Wist really liked Donte Moncrief

Many homers jumped on Ted's wagon right when they chose him; to me the two noted above showed more than Adams did this year.

I'm really disappointed Adams didn't continue to develop. We HAVE to bring back Randall Cobb.
    Moncrief started today and had two grabs for 5 yards. I'd bring back Cobb, but it's a bit early to toot your horn when none of these guys have been lights out. All look solid for the future. Moncrief has good upside and he'll put up numbers with Luck, but so will Adams when he gets his chance.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Winner: John Kuhn

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Adams & 2 more drips. Quarless & R. Rodgers. Q's drop in endzone=disheartening. he is bad, or at least fading.
    Loser - Jeff Janis cause he must really suck if he can't even get a shot with Adams dropping all these balls.

Adams must have done something shitty in practice this week because those balls he dropped were thrown about as hard as they could be. Looked like Rodgers was conducting a teachable moment on the field. Adams will be fine.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Tough to call a guy out like that when he didn't get an opportunity to shine. Disappointment in a position is kinda weak when placed at a rookie's feet.
    I don't care if the TEs are high school kids with polio. If the position is unproductive the players are duds.

We don't coddle around here. You know what Vince would say about the execution of the TEs.

Quote Originally Posted by oldbutnotdeadyet View Post
    Loser - Jeff Janis cause he must really suck if he can't even get a shot with Adams dropping all these balls.
    not to mention Dujuan Harris's KO returns.

If I were King of the forrest - not Queen, not Duke, not Prince - both Janis and Bostick would be brought on the field for playoff run. What's to lose?

Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post
    Winner: John Kuhn
    The wrath of Kaaaaaaaaaahn! was on display.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    Adams must have done something shitty in practice this week because those balls he dropped were thrown about as hard as they could be. Looked like Rodgers was conducting a teachable moment on the field. Adams will be fine.
    Rodgers has been throwing the short stuff like that for a few weeks. I am not sure what is going on. He did that a lot in Buffalo.

Good news is that somehow Rodgers and Starks are in sync passing, which usually only happens in leap years.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I don't care if the TEs are high school kids with polio. If the position is unproductive the players are duds.

We don't coddle around here. You know what Vince would say about the execution of the TEs.
    You mean John McKay?

Winners:

Pass rushers, but especial praise for Perry. That bull rush that set up Mike Daniels' sack was something special. Looks like his shoulder is back.
    HHCD: Loved how he knifed into the backfield to drop the carrier when everyone else was occupying blockers. Kid has a knack for getting into the backfield and in a position to make a play. He misses some, but that will improve with experience.
    Burnett: Proof he's not two people came this year when HHCD became the second person and Burnett could go back to playing one and being what he is: a good, versatile safety.
    Lacy: No more needs to be said.

Losers:
    Adams...again (but he'll get better)
    Red Zone offense. I think this is a by product of having only two reliable pass catchers on the team. I expected a huge year from Cobb and Nelson if they stayed healthy because most of the other pass catchers on the team are either pedestrian (e.g. entire TE corp) or at least year away (e.g. Janis, Abby) though Lacy and Starks have been pleasant surprises as pass catchers and provide a different type of 1-2 punch as receivers (Lacy as a checkdown, Starks split wide).
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Red Zone offense. I think this is a by product of having only two reliable pass catchers on the team. I expected a huge year from Cobb and Nelson if they stayed healthy because most of the other pass catchers on the team are either pedestrian (e.g. entire TE corp) or at least year away (e.g. Janis, Abby) though Lacy and Starks have been pleasant surprises as pass catchers and provide a different type of 1-2 punch as receivers (Lacy as a checkdown, Starks split wide).
    On this one I do agree with the Blamers of Play Calling. There are quite possibly only two WR threats to worry about, so why go five wide? Keep at least one if not two backs in and go with Q or Rodgers and a FB. Make the defense defend the entire thing because GB is one of the few teams that might hand it to the FB close to the goal line.

On this one I do agree with the Blamers of Play Calling. There are quite possibly only two WR threats to worry about, so why go five wide? Keep at least one if not two backs in and go with Q or Rodgers and a FB. Make the defense defend the entire thing because GB is one of the few teams that might hand it to the FB close to the goal line.
    Boykin with 2 receptions - wtf happened there, eh? Didn't they call up another WR, Gillette or someone? What happened there, did he go right back down or get released?

Oh, and no one has anything to say about the lightning strike in the parking lot after the game? That's nuts!
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Boykin with 2 receptions - wtf happened there, eh? Didn't they call up another WR, Gillette or someone? What happened there, did he go right back down or get released?
    Dorsey. That's who they called up. He ended up on IR.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Loser: Brandon Bostick.

Man, you could be catching passes down the middle of the field from Aaron Rodgers, but instead you're wrestling with someone else's linebacker on coverage teams.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack