Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Official Lions week 17 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    The airbag can't be right. My parents and grandparents had airbags before the first decade of the Packer's in the Wilderness was over.

Now that airbag might have gone off at odd times or not at all, but it was installed.
    Wow the $$$$ Royalties $$$$.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Blog Entries
    The first commercial designs were introduced in passenger automobiles during the 1970s with limited success. Broad commercial adoption of airbags occurred in many markets during the late 1980s and early 1990s with a driver airbag, and a front passenger airbag as well on some cars; and many modern vehicles now include four or more units.
    The year was 1991, so that was in reference to the front passenger airbag I'd say.

23 years. It's a meaningless stat for Sunday but damn.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    The year was 1991, so that was in reference to the front passenger airbag I'd say.

23 years. It's a meaningless stat for Sunday but damn.
    My grandfather took great joy in wondering out loud when it would go off. No one else was amused as he was.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    My grandfather took great joy in wondering out loud when it would go off. No one else was amused as he was.
    That's funny. Coulda been a Seinfeld bit.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/286616861.html

Mike McCarthy: Big Week 17 game is 'exactly how you want to go into the playoffs'

By: Tyler Dunne of the Journal Sentinel

Dec. 22, 2014

If your restricted or not allowed to read an article from some internet site:

Note: This info. was passed onto me by one of our 'GOOD" fellow members.

To read articles after 'your FREE Monthly Limit' has been reached:

Adjust Internet Explorer active scripting settings:

Step 1: Open Internet Explorer.

a) Click the Tools menu, and then b) click Internet Options.

Step 2: On the Security tab, click the Custom level button.

Step 3. Scroll down the Security Settings list until you see Scripting

and Active scripting.

*** REMEMBER or WRITE DOWN THE INITIAL SETTING, BECAUSE YOU WILL BE

GOING BACK TO IT WHEN FINISED READING THE ARTICLE:***

*** NOTE : On my program it's normally set to 'Enable'.

Click Disable, click OK, and then click OK again.

When done reading the Online Newspaper Article... Go back to this area, hit

enable and make sure your setting is the same as it was previously.

Your good to go !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 12-24-2014 at 07:38 AM.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...286748081.html

Comment wodbuck27: There's a lot here.

Bob McGinn | On the Packers

Packers' Next Opponent: Lions;

Green Bay —

" The Detroit Lions' offense, an underachieving unit for most of the season, now faces the daunting task of defeating the Green Bay Packers on Sunday at Lambeau Field without center Dominic Raiola.

Raiola, 35, was suspended for one game Tuesday after stomping on the ankle of Chicago Bears defensive tackle Ego Ferguson two days earlier." Fr. Article

GO PACKERS ! GO PACK GO !!

I would put CMIII at ILB and let the rookie center deal with him all day long…. Could be a sack record.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by ptisme View Post
    I would put CMIII at ILB and let the rookie center deal with him all day long…. Could be a sack record.
    maybe like this?

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    maybe like this?

Didn't know that the Waterboy is with the Rams now.

Defense wins.
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2019,
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2018,
    PackerRats Pick'Em 2016-17 Champ + Packers year Survival Football Champ 2017,
    Rats Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2013,
    Ratz Survival Football Champ 2012,
    PackerRats1 Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2006.

Nice Bowen article on how both the Bills and Lions earlier this year limited the deep passing of the Packers. Notice the single coverage at the bottom of the Bills game footage. I would bet that is Adams, about to drop a pass versus one on one (Solo) coverage.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...nfl-film-study

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

So if Adams starts catching the ball like he did in the Patriots game, Green Bay is in good shape.

He's shown he can make big catches in a big game. He'll have to put it together for the next 4 games and the Packers will be in business.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    So if Adams starts catching the ball like he did in the Patriots game, Green Bay is in good shape.

He's shown he can make big catches in a big game. He'll have to put it together for the next 4 games and the Packers will be in business.
    Adams and Lacy too will need to contribute in the passing game. Tight Ends too. Nelson and Cobb will get theirs but they won't likely go crazy like they have at times this year - at least against Detroit and Seattle. Maybe Dallas would be different.

Nice Bowen article on how both the Bills and Lions earlier this year limited the deep passing of the Packers. Notice the single coverage at the bottom of the Bills game footage. I would bet that is Adams, about to drop a pass versus one on one (Solo) coverage.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...nfl-film-study

Someone has to get open against this...it just won't be 20 yards downfield. The Packers HAVE TO BE CONTENT with short passing against these kind of defenses. Keep hitting 5-8 yarders...and eventually the deep coverage will have to roll up and then you can beat them.

This is where having Lacy as a RB is a disadvantage. You need a receiving threat at RB who is fast to be a true threat to a defense like this, as it forces the defense to defend the field from sideline to sideline as well as vertically. If a fast back goes in motion across the set behind Nelson...this defense is FUCKED...especially if you put Nelson down on bottom of the pic. If you play double coverage on Nelson with the SS, the right side of the field is now a Green Bay party fest. That is why I think Cobb in the backfield needs to be done far more often against these defenses.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    Someone has to get open against this...it just won't be 20 yards downfield. The Packers HAVE TO BE CONTENT with short passing against these kind of defenses. Keep hitting 5-8 yarders...and eventually the deep coverage will have to roll up and then you can beat them.

This is where having Lacy as a RB is a disadvantage. You need a receiving threat at RB who is fast to be a true threat to a defense like this, as it forces the defense to defend the field from sideline to sideline as well as vertically. If a fast back goes in motion across the set behind Nelson...this defense is FUCKED...especially if you put Nelson down on bottom of the pic. If you play double coverage on Nelson with the SS, the right side of the field is now a Green Bay party fest. That is why I think Cobb in the backfield needs to be done far more often against these defenses.
    If you go to the article, there is a snapshot of the Lions game where Quarless I think is in a crossing route with trail coverage. If Rodgers trusts him, its good for 5-10 yards depending on the backers speed. Will need some of those occasionally versus the Loins.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 3h3 hours ago
    #Packers injury report: House OUT; Lang, Matthews, Neal, Rodgers, Sitton are all probable.

WITH BODY PART PLEASE!

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 3h3 hours ago
    Injury report - Out: House (shoulder). Probable: QB Aaron Rodgers (calf), Lang (ankle), Sitton (toe), Matthews (biceps), Neal (abdomen)

Those Clif Bar snack things have been doing wonders.

Also, Perry not listed. This will be good for he eventual Seattle game!

Green Bay Packers @packers
    McCarthy on schedule: I feel very good about the energy & execution. Wednesday's practice was excellent. Feel good about where we are.

Green Bay Packers @packers · 3h 3 hours ago
    McCarthy on #Packers QB Aaron Rodgers (probable, calf): I don't have very high concern right now. #DETvsGB

No concerns on Rodgers. "Tomorrow will be a big indicator" with practice. Not a high concern.

McCarthy on Davon House (out for Sunday): Making progress. Hopeful for playoffs. #DETvsGB

"It isn't like he hasn't played," McCarthy said on Swanson, a rookie who will start at center.

McCarthy: John (Kuhn) is extremely consistent. Having one of his best years as a lead blocker. Takes advantage of all his opportunities.

McCarthy: I think the kick return game, this is the time of year it needs to accelerate. I'm looking for that to happen Sunday. #DETvsGB

http://www.packers.com/news-and-even...n=email_141226

The game Vs the Lions @ Lambeau is huge !

What makes it so and ....

TEN things we need to see to encourage a win result.

GO PACK GO !

I have exactly one standard for the Packers: just entertain, baby. My expectations for Sunday are sky-high. A good opponent, tons on the line. A possibility for glory - beating up a good team. Not a lot of injuries. I can't imagine a stinker, I'm expecting, no, demanding, a big win.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I have exactly one standard for the Packers: just entertain, baby. My expectations for Sunday are sky-high. A good opponent, tons on the line. A possibility for glory - beating up a good team. Not a lot of injuries. I can't imagine a stinker, I'm expecting, no, demanding, a big win.
    The Packers will win this game.