Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Official Lions week 17 discussion thread

This will be a very tough game... I don't buy the 7 pt spread.

Detroit has handled us without too much trouble the last 2 times we've played them - granted one of those games was without Rodgers, and both were in Detroit; but still, Detriot can be a very tough out, and they have a lot of weapons.

They'll likely contain our offense under 30 pts, so it all depends on dunderdummy - of course. Almost every game comes down to dunderdummy.
    wist

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I like the Packer D-line/LBs against the beat up Lions O-line.

I think the Packer O-line will play better against the Lions front 7 than in Detroit. That's worth a 14 point swing at least.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

This game will be close but we'll win by 7-10 Points.

Vegas has the Green Bay Packers @ [ -7.5] right now. Sat. 7:23 AM ... 27 Dec. 2014.

Bet
    the Packers to Cover and ...... the Under ( 47 ).

GO PACK GO !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...286910171.html

Packers receivers know big hits await.

" Granted, the Ronnie Lott days — heck, the Roy Williams days — are long gone.......Ask former Packers receiver Antonio Freeman. He suffered seven concussions, a broken forearm and a broken jaw patrolling the middle. After the jaw in 1998, he said he had to drink Ensure and milkshakes through a straw — for 13 days — with Mom in town. " Fr. Article

GO PACKERS !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 12-27-2014 at 06:39 AM.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

farley out...that's a good thing.

this "get loud Lambeau" thing is kinda silly. it's always loud there. now if the cowboys put on a similar campaign then i'd understand. it would be 'please show up...don't sell your ticket'.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    farley out...that's a good thing.
    I think it is more fun to play and beat the other team's best. I always hate injuries, it sucked that Calvin Johnson was out, I think it was last game. It sucks that Lions are missing their center.

Packers need a good game against a talented team. They are due. I have a lot of confidence in Packer O-line.

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    This will be a very tough game... I don't buy the 7 pt spread.

Detroit has handled us without too much trouble the last 2 times we've played them - granted one of those games was without Rodgers, and both were in Detroit; but still, Detriot can be a very tough out, and they have a lot of weapons.

They'll likely contain our offense under 30 pts, so it all depends on dunderdummy - of course. Almost every game comes down to dunderdummy.
    Detroit is excellent at home but not on the road. Their defense is great but their offense? That bunch made Chicago's D look competent last Sunday. Stafford is inconsistent as hell. Now they have a rookie in the middle of their O line that wasn't all that great to begin with.

I have confidence about this game. The Packer offense is due for a great game. They will be very happy to be back at home after two difficult road games.

The Detroit defense is tough, but playing Buffalo and Tampa in the previous weeks will be helpful for Green Bay. They've already been faced with stiff tests, and the coaches should understand what changes need to be made to help attack the edges more.

The Detroit offense does not scare me at all right now. Losing a veteran center is a critical blow on the road in a stadium that is going to be cold and loud.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I think it is more fun to play and beat the other team's best. I always hate injuries, it sucked that Calvin Johnson was out, I think it was last game. It sucks that Lions are missing their center.
    I bet the 49ers wished all our injured guys were playing last year
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Detroit is excellent at home but not on the road. Their defense is great but their offense? That bunch made Chicago's D look competent last Sunday. Stafford is inconsistent as hell. Now they have a rookie in the middle of their O line that wasn't all that great to begin with.
    Yeah, Stafford is inconsistent to be sure, but if he's 'on', and dunderdummy decides not to cover anyone - that would be enough to be the ballgame right there.

I think we win - I hope we win... but it's a toss up. Calvin could very well go for over 200 yds. If that is the worst of the damage they do, we contain their running game, and Staffard is held to around 300 yds passing, with a pick or two?? I think we can win that type of game.
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I bet the 49ers wished all our injured guys were playing last year
    Exactly. Nobody felt sorry for us these past couple of seasons when we had all those guys on IR or playing hurt so I shed no tear for Detroit if they have guys out of this game.

Aerodynamic Rat Starter
    10+ point win.

Ah woodchuck! Still around and good!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly. Nobody felt sorry for us these past couple of seasons when we had all those guys on IR or playing hurt so I shed no tear for Detroit if they have guys out of this game.
    Aaron Rodgers didn't buy his OL nice gifts for nothing.

It's taken a lot of years to finally get our OL back to real decency.

It's not a sympathy thing. It's a spectator perspective, I like to see the best. I was disappointed when AP was lost for year for Vikings.

I get some people are into seeing their team advance as top priority. I care about winning too. For me {inhale}, it's all about the journey, man.

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-pa...ackers-preview

Lions vs. Packers preview

December, 26, 2014

By: Rob Demovsky and Michael Rothstein | ESPN.com

Demovsky: The teams that have the most success against the Packers are the ones that can stop the run, get pressure on Rodgers with just a four-man rush and commit the rest of their players to coverage. The Lions seem to do that as well as anyone. Why?

Rothstein: The easy answer is Ndamukong Suh.

GO PACK GO !

The last time the Lions and Packers played:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12...bration-injury

Stephen Tulloch's infamy from injury

Sack celebration caused torn ACL, but fluke mishap doesn't define charitable Lion

Originally Published: December 26, 2014

Packers won't win.

I'm at my in-laws tomorrow celebrating Christmas with the extended family. They never win when I'm there. Sorry, it's my fault, there's nothing I can do. I've tried to have it moved to a Saturday, but I'm out-voted.