Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Official Lions week 17 discussion thread

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    Packers won't win.

I'm at my in-laws tomorrow celebrating Christmas with the extended family. They never win when I'm there. Sorry, it's my fault, there's nothing I can do. I've tried to have it moved to a Saturday, but I'm out-voted.
    The Lions have not won in Wisconsin since 1991 vs. the Packers not ever winning when you are at your in-laws. Somethings gotta give. So, if they are behind at half, can you please leave their house? Fake an injury if necessary.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

My biggest concern in this game is Aaron Rodgers calf. His ability to scramble and elude may be limited. Against this D that's going to be a factor.

Also expect Lions to lean more on the run game.

See a low scoring grinder brewing tomorrow.

Pack 20
    Lions 17

Lion fans are very very very pumped. They think if the Lions win today, their team is the sure SB winner.

Most people guessing there will be a lot of Joquie Bell today. The Packers will have to stop the Detroit running game first, then double Megatron with your most physical corner and put your best corner on Tate, in my opinion. House would've been nice to have today for Johnson.

Defensively, the Lions will count on their front four to apply pressure. Running will be key for the Pack so e Lions can't tee off on Rodgers.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Lion fans are very very very pumped. They think if the Lions win today, their team is the sure SB winner.

Most people guessing there will be a lot of Joquie Bell today. The Packers will have to stop the Detroit running game first, then double Megatron with your most physical corner and put your best corner on Tate, in my opinion. House would've been nice to have today for Johnson.

Defensively, the Lions will count on their front four to apply pressure. Running will be key for the Pack so e Lions can't tee off on Rodgers.
    Really? It's hard to argue with winning, but they are squeaking by every week rather than dominating.
    Go PACK

Yup.

The Packers 'only' go as far as Aaron Rodgers goes. The Lions game plan on defense will be entitled "STOP Aaron Rodgers".

We cannot expect Eddie lacy to carry the team's offense today. Our backup QB isn't going to do well in case of any emergency need.

When is TT going to get us a decent backup QB?
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    My biggest concern in this game is Aaron Rodgers calf. His ability to scramble and elude may be limited. Against this D that's going to be a factor.

Also expect Lions to lean more on the run game.

See a low scoring grinder brewing tomorrow.

Pack 20
    Lions 17
    Ohh my nerves !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Yup.

The Packers 'only' go as far as Aaron Rodgers goes. The Lions game plan on defense will be entitled "STOP Aaron Rodgers".

We cannot expect Eddie lacy to carry the team's offense today. Our backup QB isn't going to do well in case of any emergency need.

When is TT going to get us a decent backup QB?
    If you go to the loins' website the defensive guys almost to a man say the key to the game is stopping LACY.

I think we'll be okay on offense... as always, it comes down to dunderdummy. If he comes out in a static 2-4, and refuses to scheme to take Megatron out of the game, or at least contain him... then we'll be in big trouble.
    wist

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    I think we'll be okay on offense... as always, it comes down to dunderdummy. If he comes out in a static 2-4, and refuses to scheme to take Megatron out of the game, or at least contain him... then we'll be in big trouble.
    Many teams play a 2-4 nickel. GB uses that and a 3-3 nickel.

Why do you have such a hard on for the 2-4?

Capers has had a great year and you look silly calling him DD all the time.

Only if Stafford plays well. Lately your favorite DC's squad has been rushing the passer pretty well and the loins have a rookie center in there. If we get in Matt's face all day he'll throw at least one pick.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Many teams play a 2-4 nickel. GB uses that and a 3-3 nickel.

Why do you have such a hard on for the 2-4?

Capers has had a great year and you look silly calling him DD all the time.
    He will always be DD... he's earned it.

As for the 2-4, we haven't run it much this year - and our results have been much better. Nobody runs the 2-4 as their base, whereas DD did for over 2 years - that's why I have such a hard on against it. It's a subpackage and should be run as such. It's okay to mix it in a little here and there, but nothing more than that; and given our personnel, we are simply better suited to running the 3-3.

If DD runs the 3-3 as his nickel, and mixes that with 3-4 base and dime?? I think we should be okay - but it's always a flip of the coin with Capers. He simply can't be trusted from week to week... I will never, ever trust the guy.
    wist

Yep. Allowed 20 points including two TDs on short fields.

If only they hired a part-timer who could do better.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.