View Poll Results: Who goes to SB from NFC?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Seattle

7 36.84%
  • Somebody else - seriously!

12 63.16%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: NFC Representative at Super Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    It wasn't the silent count as much as it was the "only work one side of the field" and "let's debut a defense we've tried to avoid in live scenarios to keep it secret" strategy that ended up doing them in.
    And the flawed "play a backup Tackle who they subsequently cut halfway through the season" strategy. Come to think of it, it's almost like they were handicapping themselves on purpose.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

They were also fooling around full time with the no huddle and running everyone out of set alignments that did not vary in the entire drive.

So it was easy to lock up WR in bump and run coverage. If you think back to when the offense finally launched itself this season, suddenly there was motion and WR stacks that made man coverage a much harder proposition. Plus in the last 2 weeks, Cobb has been in the backfield to get him single non press coverage on LBs.

It won't be the same story if they play them again, even if they avoid Sherman.

I DO hope the silent count has some different timing this time around, after Linsley has eight games of experience.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    It wasn't the silent count as much as it was the "only work one side of the field" and "let's debut a defense we've tried to avoid in live scenarios to keep it secret" strategy that ended up doing them in.
    That sickened me that we played so scared against Seattle week one with a QB like Rodgers. Last night, if the QB for the Cards was any good he would have had a 60 yard TD thrown against Richard Sherman. The throw was bad but it still should have been a 40 yard completion... but then the receiver dropped the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by channtheman View Post
    That sickened me that we played so scared against Seattle week one with a QB like Rodgers. Last night, if the QB for the Cards was any good he would have had a 60 yard TD thrown against Richard Sherman. The throw was bad but it still should have been a 40 yard completion... but then the receiver dropped the ball.
    Michael Bennett declared the Seahawks defense the "greatest ever" last night. Of course the Seahawks fans rally around that, talking about how their recent dominance (since the Chiefs game) is so great.

They then say that injuries aren't an excuse despite the QBs they played. Of course, then you bring up the games vs. the Chiefs and Cowboys, and it's because there were injuries.

If there's any team and fans that I'd love to see get their bubble burst, it's Seattle.

I'd like to see the Packers win the next four in a row.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Rat Starter
    Da Pack are da Team of Destiny should they win the North. If, and only if, they win the North. And I'm not just saying that b/c I'm biased.

It's a QB-plagued league, so think about it. The guy that OWNS the Packers, Colin "Poser" Kaepernick won't be in the dance. True story: As a one share owner of the Packers, I was at the last shareholder meeting, and lo and behold, there was Kap sitting next to me - I mean, the dude owns the Packers. I was like, yo, Kap, haters say Wilson and RGIII don't act black enough; well, you don't act white enough, dude.

Furthermore, the only QB in the NFC who isn't intimated by Rodgers' presence, Drew "Hotshot" Brees, won't be in the dance. You could cut off Brees golden right arm and he would still be capable of beating the Packers with his left arm. That's how good Brees is.

Romo is Romo. He's prone to choking when the pressure intensifies in the clutch. Dude's so bad in the clutch, he mishandled a PAT one time in a playoff game. A fucking PAT! Yo mama's so fat, she farted and made Romo mishandle an easy PAT in the clutch. Ha-ha Clinton's dix!

Matt Stafford, love the guy. Unselfish and humble. How unselfish and humble? Stafford is the only alpha male in the world who would help a loser virgin lose his virginity to a hot chick instead of fucking the hot chick himself. No, the guy ain't gay. He's just nice and humble. A gunslinger, through an through. Good news for the Packers, the new administration in Detriot prohibits Stafford from gunslinging. A gunslinger needs to gunsling. If he doesn't, well, shit happens.

Ice Ice Baby (Matt "Ice Ice Baby" Ryan) could give the Packers some problems, but Atlanta's defense lost its pride when Sherman marched into that lost city and sunk it underwater. Matt Flynn would have little problems eating out alive that Falcon D.

That Midget of the Great Northwest is overrated. He's not the athlete Kap is. A game manager, through and through. Now the midget's D is great. Gulls defensive linemen are C4MR. The LBers are fast and furious. The safeties are MOFOs. The Corners? Well, Sherman is a great field general. Rodgers is scared of this D, alas.

Shucks, Rodgers hasn't played at an elite level in his last few playoff games. In a QB-plagued league - yes, plagued - Rodgers needs to carry the Packers. He needs to be the QB of Destiny.
    Last edited by Tyrion Lannister; 12-22-2014 at 05:40 PM.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by channtheman View Post
    They can be beat... just not by us.
    fuck this. Packers are good enough to beat Seattle. Sure Seattle looks good against a fourth fucking string QB. Fuck 'em. win the #2 seed Pack and go kick the living shit out of Seattle, even if it's in a fucking Whole Foods Market Parking lot in fucking Seattle. Bite me, Seachicken fan fuckers.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    fuck this. Packers are good enough to beat Seattle. Sure Seattle looks good against a fourth fucking string QB. Fuck 'em. win the #2 seed Pack and go kick the living shit out of Seattle, even if it's in a fucking Whole Foods Market Parking lot in fucking Seattle. Bite me, Seachicken fan fuckers.
    Rand is fired up! Hell yes! After beating them at Century Link take them down to Pike Market and beat them with dead fish!
    C.H.U.D.