View Poll Results: Who goes to SB from NFC?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Seattle

7 36.84%
  • Somebody else - seriously!

12 63.16%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NFC Representative at Super Bowl

NFC Representative at Super Bowl

It was a fun ride that ended in Buffalo

You suck. Packers all the way.

You suck Packers all the way.

BURNED!

I can't make the call yet. I need to see what this team does at home against Detroit.

Another paltry offensive showing against a physical defense who only rushes 4...even if we win...and I can't see any way we beat Seattle in their crib. We'd have to hope someone else finished them off first.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Blog Entries
    Some noted they were treating every game like it was a playoff game starting last week

They were right

Losing to the Bills was about the same

The stars have aligned for Seattle and the mosterload of our fuck ups did it for them

The road goes through Seattle; we won't come out of that road alive. Reality Bites
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

They still have to play the games, you bunch a sissies. if it was up to you the NFL would just hand the Lombardi over to the Starbucks swilling, adhd cheaters from the northwest. Grow some balls, you wusses.

Seattle can be beat...gonna be tough though.
    C.H.U.D.

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Seattle can be beat...gonna be tough though.
    They can be beat... just not by us. Our offense looks horrible against decent defenses and we are slow to make any adjustments during the game that might change that. Our defense only looked good the last 2 weeks because Kyle Orton and McCown. Oh and the Bills and Bucs. Put us against a QB like Wilson who will kill us with his legs and his arm, and we're toast. IF we meet the Seahawks at their place in the playoffs, I predict another blowout loss.

Can Dallas beat Seattle?

I've seen zero this year that tells me GB can go on road and beat a great team. They can beat God at home.

Seattle isn't as good as they've looked recently (they are good, but not unbeatable). If we're gonna knock the Packers defense for feasting on weak QBs - since losing to the Chiefs the Seahawks have faced the Cardinals starting Drew Stanton, the 49ers twice with Kaepernick, the Eagles and the sinking Sanchez, and the Cardinals starting Lindley. Not exactly a murderer's row of excellence.

Dallas can for sure beat Seattle. They've shown a consistent balance on offense that most teams don't.

The Packers can beat Seattle if they have a game plan like they did vs. the Patriots.

Can the Packers channel that kind of mojo twice? That remains to be seen.

I've been saying it for a few weeks, but Dallas is a team that will be tough to beat in the playoffs. I think the NFC is a three horse race between Seattle, Green Bay, and Dallas. We gotta win this week though. Maybe Detroit can do a us a favor by beating one or both of these teams in the playoffs. Detroit's defense can be a beast indoors.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

I think the Packers and Dallas both have the ability to play with Seattle. The reason is their ability to effectively throw downfield effectively. You have to be able to do that against them. If you just throw short all day, their big DB's will pummel you. Both teams can run enough to make Seattle respect play-action, both have offensive lines good enough to give their QB time, both have a top deep threat, both havea QB who can throw deep and move around enough to buy time. Dallas already did beat Seattle this year. However, if the Packers end up the #2 seed, and Dallas #3, the Packers and Dallas would meet in the divisional round.

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Me thinks we is in trouble if we meet Seattle in Seattle. Does anybody know how the playoff schedule looks? Maybe we get lucky and Seattle loses before we meet them in the playoffs. I think Dallas could beat Seattle, Dallas is getting hot at the right time. Green Bay is not getting hot at the right time.

Getting the #2 seed would be very helpful for a lot reasons. We could be Seattle on the road, but I wouldn't bet on it. This team hasn't shown me they're up to that task.

** This Poll might should have been posted next week yet all the same:

The (2) Green Bay Packers (if the Packers defeat Detroit in Week 17):

Do the Green Bay Packers have a chance to be in the Super Bowl? Realistically that's possible with their high powered offense. Aaron Rodgers is the premiere QB in the NFL and he has weapons in WR's Jordy Nelson and randall Cobb and Company. Eddie Lacy is just great as the RB Green Bay needed to take some heat off the passing game.

The Green Bay Packers and being realistic. The NFC representative for the Super Bowl. The Packers best chance disappeared Week 15 in Buffalo.

Home field advantage is huge for the Green Bay Packers. For some reason the Green Bay Packers don't play well on the road. To get to the Super Bowl how can that be magically reversed? ** The Packers have to win the NFCN. The Packers need some help in terms of another team handling Seattle, a tall order. That has to come with Green Bay defeating the Detroit Lions this coming Sunday.

I see two teams in the NFC with a good shot to play New England in the Super Bowl. I see both (2) Green Bay and (4) Detroit on the outside of both (1) Seattle and (3) Dallas.

The (1) Seattle Seahawks Offense:

Seattle is playing lights out right now. That result to date has been peaking stadily over the last five weeks. If you watched last nights game in Arizona your aware that game demonstrated pure domination. The Seahawks 'O' had 596 total yards Vs an NFL's top-five defense.

The combination of Russell Wilson and *** Marshawn Lynch has always been formidable. Now it's much more as Russell Wilson is growing in confidence and creativity. Russell Wilson is difficult to disrupt and his ability to scramble takes away the blitz.

*** Marshawn Lynch's run last night for six was the best offensive play I'vge seen all season. That was nothing short of spectacular and deserves the Offensive Play Of The Year Award. If you missed it here it is:

http://www.seahawks.com/news/article...3-9a15a9c226c0

Seahawks react to Marshawn Lynch's run: "He's a bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, continue to say bad, man"

Tony Drovetto ... Seahawks.com Writer & Producer

Seattle is peaking at the right time and the NFL's most complete team is rising to hit on all cylinders. The biggest thing I see is a real team effort led by a very solid Head Coach who's into every play. Pete Carroll coach's a team that celebrates every single play among themselves and he celebrates with them.

The (1) Seattle Seahawks DEFENSE.

There is 'only' one other team in the NFC that plays better on defense 'on paper' and that's the Detroit Lions. The Seattle defense is 'the Predator'. Seattle has allowed 6.7 points and 169 total yards per game over the past three weeks.

The Legion of BOOM is for real and a terrific secondary. Richard Sherman's dominance and Byron Maxwell's closing speed and tackling ability adds to the outstanding play of FS Earl Thomas and SS Kam Chancellor. They have a solid front seven in DE"s Michael Bennett and Cliff Avril and DT's Tony McDaniel and Kevin Williams. OLB's Bruce Irvin and K.J. Wright team up very well with the outstanding playoff MLB Bobby Wagner.

They all play like Pro Bowlers.

(3) Dallas is solid and 'Road Warriors'.

I'm pulling for Dallas because they managed a win this season in Seattle and therefore get a nod over the Green Bay Packers as a team more likely to defeat (1) Seattle . Tony Romo is playing the best I've seen him play. He's focused and in command looking very confident behind a solid OL with pin point pass's to his receivers Dez Bryant, Terrence Williams, Cole Beasley, Dwyane Harris and TE Jason Witten. RB Demarco Murray should be back to full speed. We know how excellent he's been this season. He's one very mentally tough man to be out there contributing in Week 16 after a left hand operation for a broken bone earlier in the week.

The Dallas Defense is ranked 22nd. That's not good in any rematch with Seattle. Yet the fact remains that Dallas travels well and has already defeated Seattle in their house this season.

The (4) Detroit Lions:

This Lions team is capable. This Lions team is finally looking much more healthy. This Lions team has a formidable DEFENSE.

This Lions team has to do something next Sunday that it rarely does. It must defeat a Green Bay Team that looks near impossible to defeat in Lambeau Field.

GO PACKERS ! GO PACK GO ! !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    Seattle isn't as good as they've looked recently (they are good, but not unbeatable).
    Mark Twain attended a Wagner opera and reported "opera isn't as bad as it sounds."

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    The Packers can beat Seattle if they have a game plan like they did vs. the Patriots.
    They beat Pats at home. How'd it go with that "silent count" in Seattle?

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    I've been saying it for a few weeks, but Dallas is a team that will be tough to beat in the playoffs. I think the NFC is a three horse race between Seattle, Green Bay, and Dallas. We gotta win this week though. Maybe Detroit can do a us a favor by beating one or both of these teams in the playoffs. Detroit's defense can be a beast indoors.
    Do you really believe in the Dallas D though?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Do you really believe in the Dallas D though?
    No.

They can be had.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    They beat Pats at home. How'd it go with that "silent count" in Seattle?
    It wasn't the silent count as much as it was the "only work one side of the field" and "let's debut a defense we've tried to avoid in live scenarios to keep it secret" strategy that ended up doing them in.