View Poll Results: What does Pack need to get done?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dominate. Establish swagger for playoffs

4 14.81%
  • Get the W and the bye

22 81.48%
  • Not important, they won SB from wildcard before

0 0%
  • other

1 3.70%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Where is bar set for Lions game?

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    You only have to go back four years or so to find a close parallel.
    what was that?

Packers had no success against good defenses, and there was a defensive juggernaut in NFC?

I'm looking at the PAcker shortcomings throughout entire year.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    You only have to go back four years or so to find a close parallel.
    The Packers did bounce back from a loss to Detroit late in the 2010 Season to win the Super Bowl.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

In the last 4 games, Seattle has allowed 3, 14, 17 and 6 points.

The Packer offense has not solved physical defenses, especially on road.

From what we know, why should we think that the Packers are more than unlikely to win in Seattle?

I'm not saying a strong showing against Lions proves all. But it goes a way towards showing the Packers are up to bigger task.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    The Packers did bounce back from a loss to Detroit late in the 2010 Season to win the Super Bowl.
    And they may get creamed by Detroit this Sunday and go on to win Super Bowl. Anything is possible.
    Given the way this season has gone, a solid victory this Sunday means a lot.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post

From what we know, why should we think that the Packers are more than unlikely to win in Seattle?

I'm not saying a strong showing against Lions proves all. But it goes a way towards showing the Packers are up to bigger task.
    That's fair I think. Shit the Packers have a bunch of hurdles to get over before they even get to Seattle. They'll have to get through Detroit and probably Dallas before they get to Seattle. They'll need to get hot and probably catch a couple breaks too against Seattle if they get there. The thing about Seattle is they don't usually give the other team many breaks.

Detroit, Dallas, Seattle - yeah baby

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    what was that?

Packers had no success against good defenses, and there was a defensive juggernaut in NFC?

I'm looking at the PAcker shortcomings throughout entire year.
    Packers had a lot of shortcomings in 2010, and were playing with some total scrubs and rookie FAs. They had some rough showings against good defenses, especially after Finley was lost and of course when Rodgers was out. The comparison to Seattle would be the Steelers who were the #1 defense in points allowed and #2 in yards allowed - I think Seattle ranks exactly the same this year.

Of course, every year is different.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Packers had a lot of shortcomings in 2010, and were playing with some total scrubs and rookie FAs. They had some rough showings against good defenses, especially after Finley was lost and of course when Rodgers was out. The comparison to Seattle would be the Steelers who were the #1 defense in points allowed and #2 in yards allowed - I think Seattle ranks exactly the same this year.

Of course, every year is different.
    You almost sound........ Optimistic?

In their last 5 games (adding another game where they allowed 3 points) they have also played Drew Stanton, Colin Kaepernick, Mark Sanchez, Colin Kaepernick, and Ryan Lindley.

I would hope they can keep their opponent locked down in those cases.

OK, Striker. Guess Seattle defense ain't much.

OK, Striker. Guess Seattle defense ain't much.
    That's not what I'm saying. What I think is that they are being overestimated because of the last 5 games, and it's being hailed as a resurgence of their dominance, but look at the level of their competition. They're doing exactly what good/great defenses should do. A lot of Packer fans still remain unconvinced due to the level of who we've played. Yet they don't seem to care as much for Seattle.

Both teams will be tested in the playoffs. Dallas will be tough to slow down.
    Last edited by Striker; 12-24-2014 at 04:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    What I think is that they are being overestimated just a because of the last 5 games
    Where do you rank Seattle's defense in the NFL, and I remind you that you are under oath.

I put them #1.

Where do you rank Seattle's defense in the NFL, and I remind you that you are under oath.

I put them #1.
    It's a push between Detroit and Seattle. Both have been winning games for their offense. The big difference being Wilson rarely turns the ball over, while Stafford will go out swinging.

However, are we discussing how good they're looking relative to their competition? Or are we talking about where they're ranked? Because it seems like you're trying to create a completely different argument here compared to what I stated.

They look like they're back to last year's form. They've also played some pretty bad QBs, so you've got to factor that in as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    It's a push between Detroit and Seattle.
    Then why did you challenge my posts about Packer prospects by saying Seattle D is overrated?
    If Seattle is merely great rather than spectacular, that is still cryptonite to a team stymied by Buffalo & Miami Ds.

One of these days, Alice - to the moon!

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    You almost sound........ Optimistic?
    I'm a realist. Packers can most certainly beat Seattle, but they'll need a whole team effort. They can score points, but they'll have to use a lot of different weapons and not get tunnel vision on Nelson and Cobb. Like the NE game. It's just a hard task, especially on the road.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Blog Entries
    Harlan, you've lost the thread.

Change the title and the poll to "Who will sit at the bar for the Lions game"?

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Harlan, you've lost the thread.
    What does that mean? I expected most people would vote the safe route, comforting themselves with any sort of win against Lions.

Genius is often a burden, think of Galileo in that lonely jail cell for insisting the earth revolves around the sun.

think of Galileo in that lonely jail cell for insisting the earth revolves around the sun.
    It'd hard to think about that.

http://www.hup.harvard.edu/catalog.p...=9780674057418

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I'm a realist. Packers can most certainly beat Seattle, but they'll need a whole team effort. They can score points, but they'll have to use a lot of different weapons and not get tunnel vision on Nelson and Cobb. Like the NE game. It's just a hard task, especially on the road.
    Copy that. Agreed they can win it but will require their best effort.

It's not just that beating Seattle will be hard on road. It will be unlikely. Even if GB plays well, chances are good that Seattle will have it dialed up to 11 too.

Then why did you challenge my posts about Packer prospects by saying Seattle D is overrated?
    If Seattle is merely great rather than spectacular, that is still cryptonite to a team stymied by Buffalo & Miami Ds.

One of these days, Alice - to the moon!
    I think the point is that the gap is not that big. Seattle's D is probably the best in the league right now, but not as good as the 'have not allowed more than 10 a game in 4 of the last 5' would make it seem.

Buffalo's D, especially their front 7, is quite underrated btw. They are very good. I'm not convinced about their secondary, however.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...