View Poll Results: What does Pack need to get done?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dominate. Establish swagger for playoffs

4 14.81%
  • Get the W and the bye

22 81.48%
  • Not important, they won SB from wildcard before

0 0%
  • other

1 3.70%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Where is bar set for Lions game?

Blog Entries
    The Packers are a TERRIBLE road team; look at all the scores through the season. I get it....a win is a win is a win. But we rarely looked like an elite team on the road

We are an elite team at home. We beat Detroit and win the division again. Anything less would be a failed season if the division is our first goal.

We had out playoffs when we lost to Buffalo. It's going to be ugly when we go to Seattle if we get that far.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I'm a realist. Packers can most certainly beat Seattle, but they'll need a whole team effort. They can score points, but they'll have to use a lot of different weapons and not get tunnel vision on Nelson and Cobb. Like the NE game. It's just a hard task, especially on the road.

We played our asses off "at home" vs New England on got the win

We don't match up well against that defense at home. We're in trouble imo on the read.

We just have to hope Seattle loses before they play us.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    I think the point is that the gap is not that big. Seattle's D is probably the best in the league right now, but not as good as the 'have not allowed more than 10 a game in 4 of the last 5' would make it seem.

Buffalo's D, especially their front 7, is quite underrated btw. They are very good. I'm not convinced about their secondary, however.

"probably" ? They are now pretty healthy.

Who could you even argue has a better D ?

Seattle's secondary is go good MM decided to basically shut down a portion of the field because he was not confident Jordy or anybody could get open vs. Sherman.

They are at another level than any D in the NFL on a neutral field. They are just that fast and the telent is just that good.

Remember Seattle still has the HUGE advantage of paying Russell Wilson about 400,000 per year. That is just sick....and they can rotate all that money towards the defesne.

When Seattle has to pay Russ that defense will lose some of its speed and talent.

I think the point is that the gap is not that big. Seattle's D is probably the best in the league right now, but not as good as the 'have not allowed more than 10 a game in 4 of the last 5' would make it seem.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    We had out playoffs when we lost to Buffalo. It's going to be ugly when we go to Seattle if we get that far.
    Yes. Yet I always believe in redemption. It is never too late to turn things around - until it's too late. The Packers can get that offense clicking this Sunday. get hot, get that puncher's chance.

I think Seattle 2014 D is on par with Packers 1996, Bears 1985. Some say they are better this year than last.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    The Packers are a TERRIBLE road team; look at all the scores through the season.
    That's just wistian. Average on the road. Great at home. That can change at any time for any one game. Seattle's really tough and a bad matchup for Green Bay IMO but if Clay and Peppers play like all-pros and hit Wilson's arm at just the right time or knock the ball out at an opportune time, that's the kind of thing that could be a game-changer. A lot like 2010 playoffs. Big plays by great players (even bad ones like Bush in the SB) can make a difference.

Three losses on the road to the SB Champs, Detroit who are solid and Buffalo who play the PKD very well. Dunno' if I'd say they are "terrible".

Buffalo's D, especially their front 7, is quite underrated btw. They are very good. I'm not convinced about their secondary, however.
    ^^^^

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    I'd like to see the Pack get home field and a first round bye. That said, the Detroit game doesn't prove anything about how good or bad the team is. Rand said it. Every game is different. On paper, the Packers can compete with anyone. They certainly can beat anyone in one game.

The key is which one of these groups of wealthy jocks wants a ring most. Which group of these high strung athletes can keep their head when taunted, when sucker punched or when victimized by a bad call.

And then there are the many, many variables...game plans, weather, momentum, coaching, injuries, OFFICIATING!!! These all vary from game to game, sometimes by huge margins.

If the officials are going to allow Seattle to play their brand of thug defense, well that's going to be hard to overcome.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Three losses on the road to the SB Champs, Detroit who are solid and Buffalo who play the PKD very well. Dunno' if I'd say they are "terrible".
    That, and 3 of the 4 Seahawks losses are on the road. 3 of 4 for the Lions - on the road. All 3 Patriots losses - on the road. All 4 Broncos losses - on the road. I guess all of those teams are just terrible on the road.

It's just tough to win on the road. The Packers will need to buck that trend (assuming both teams make it to the point where they play each other) unless something weird happens this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    That, and 3 of the 4 Seahawks losses are on the road. 3 of 4 for the Lions - on the road. All 3 Patriots losses - on the road. All 4 Broncos losses - on the road. I guess all of those teams are just terrible on the road.

It's just tough to win on the road. The Packers will need to buck that trend (assuming both teams make it to the point where they play each other) unless something weird happens this weekend.
    +1.

HFA is back this year.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I voted for just getting the W. You don't get extra credit for showing swagger.
    Maybe not, but it would be nice to see they have it. This team hasn't showed much fire the last few weeks.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Maybe not, but it would be nice to see they have it. This team hasn't showed much fire the last few weeks.
    Packer players are like Packer fans...too polite. The most arrogant, smack-talking fans in the NFL are from Seattle and Dallas. They're due for a fall.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    You only have to go back four years or so to find a close parallel.
    Of course what happened 4 years ago has no baring on this year's squad.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post

NE must be horrible on the road. They lost by 13 to Mia on the road. Even the crappy away playing Packers were able to beat the Phins on the road.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

The health item is a hard one to pinpoint. But I haven't thought to myself he has looked limited for a few games at least.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    All of the playoff NFC teams are a game or 2 above .500 on the road save one - for some crazy reason Dallas is 7-0 on the road. It is damn difficult for teams to win away from home league wide.

During the playoffs, home field advantage seems to be growing less and less significant around the league, and for GB, it almost has a feeling of being a disadvantage in recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    I'd like to see the Pack get home field and a first round bye. That said, the Detroit game doesn't prove anything about how good or bad the team is. Rand said it. Every game is different. On paper, the Packers can compete with anyone. They certainly can beat anyone in one game.

The key is which one of these groups of wealthy jocks wants a ring most. Which group of these high strung athletes can keep their head when taunted, when sucker punched or when victimized by a bad call.

And then there are the many, many variables...game plans, weather, momentum, coaching, injuries, OFFICIATING!!! These all vary from game to game, sometimes by huge margins.

If the officials are going to allow Seattle to play their brand of thug defense, well that's going to be hard to overcome.
    " The key is which one of these groups of wealthy jocks wants a ring most." Maxie The Taxi

The Seattle Seahawks even practise like it's the Super Bowl. They actually congratulate one another or hate it when one side beats the other in practise.

The Seattle Seahawks = The Ultimate TEAM Attitude.

Now I'm thinking Julius Peppers and:

can't hurt on game day.

Matthews and Peppers have to play lights out terrific starting Sunday. We need to see a secondary staying focused for an entire game rather than chest bumping one another after a good play. The game isn't over till it's over and that demands maximum focus and energy properly directed for both halves.

The Defense has to hurry to the ball and hit them hard. Resemble something that's feared.

GO PACK GO !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    During the playoffs, home field advantage seems to be growing less and less significant around the league, and for GB, it almost has a feeling of being a disadvantage in recent years.
    I have felt this way the last few years or so. On the other hand, the team this year is good at home.

It's funny how we think whoever wins today will automatically do better in the playoffs, and that could be so. But it's not automatic. You never do know until the games are played. We could be moaning and gnashing our teeth tonight after Packer loss, only to have them win two or three or even four playoff games in a row. Or they could win today and we'll all be crowing and strutting, only to have them poop the bed in the first playoff game.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack