View Poll Results: How do you feel about team with a losing record gets in the playoffs?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am accepting of the current playoff format

11 91.67%
  • That's bullshit that a losing team gets in!

1 8.33%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Losing record in the playoffs?

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Losing record in the playoffs?

So how do you mofos feel about the NFC south champ having a losing record and that team possibly playing the Packers somehow? I don't have a problem with it. I think it makes winning the division such a special accomplishment. It is what makes great games when it is a division foe. The anything can happen feel can't be beat. The NFL is boss and is loving the way everything played out this season. I bet way high up they are happy with all the scandals too. That shit isn't stopping anyone from watching. They don't give fuck how you feel they just need you to watch which we are all happy to do. Isn't that some shit?

I don't want to see the Playoff Eligible Format change.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

I'm fine with them getting in if they are division champs, but I don't think they should get a home playoff game over a team with a better record

Ended up being not as bad as it could've...division winner will probably have 7 wins. For a while there, it was looking like 5 wins was going to get someone in.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

What Red said..... Did I actually say that?

I thought the poll I made on this topic was bad. I'm feelin a little better about myself.

I'm with the red tide.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    I'm fine with them getting in if they are division champs, but I don't think they should get a home playoff game over a team with a better record
    This! Let all the division winners get in but the team with the better record should be rewarded with a home WC game.

Low Profile Rat Starter
    You win your division, you get a home game. If you can't win your division, you don't deserve a home game. Take care of your own business and quit whining about the rest!

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by LP View Post
    You win your division, you get a home game. If you can't win your division, you don't deserve a home game. Take care of your own business and quit whining about the rest!
    Hear, hear! Only thing I would change is the re-seeding crap. Seed the playoffs and then leave the bracket alone.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    What Red said..... Did I actually say that?
    Yup, and you did it on the interweb

The interweb is forever. No takebacks

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I thought the poll I made on this topic was bad. I'm feelin a little better about myself.

I'm with the red tide.
    I veto your agreement

We feel that your involvement with this idea would have a negative impact on said idea

Quote Originally Posted by LP View Post
    Finally, the voice of reason.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I think there will be some change.

Winning division guarantees a playoff birth.
    Best record determines home field.

The Packerrats seem set against this change. But everything I hear from sports pundits suggests a change makes sense. Fans outside of this nest of rats also seem against 7-9 division winners getting homefield against 12-4 wildcards. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    That's a good/reasonable suggestion.

Determine 'The Six' and then after the regular schedule seed them based on their record.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

I think there will be some change.

Winning division guarantees a playoff birth.
    Best record determines home field.

The Packerrats seem set against this change. But everything I hear from sports pundits suggests a change makes sense. Fans outside of this nest of rats also seem against 7-9 division winners getting homefield against 12-4 wildcards. We'll see.
    Mad's sucky poll didn't allow for a division winner with a losing record getting in, but not getting home field. It's either accepting the current format, or it's bullshit that a team with a losing record gets in. Maybe providing 3 poll options is too much for a Mexican.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Mad's sucky poll
    I gave myself an F for the poll I made on this topic.
    Mad flunks and gets expelled from school.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Fans outside of this nest of rats also seem against 7-9 division winners getting homefield against 12-4 wildcards. We'll see.
    I could see that changing.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I like the incongruity of the better team having to travel to the lesser teams stadium. Kind of capricious, like the way a football bounces. If you can't meet that adversity and beat a clearly lesser team on the road, do you deserve to win the big game?

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    I like the incongruity of the better team having to travel to the lesser teams stadium. Kind of capricious, like the way a football bounces. If you can't meet that adversity and beat a clearly lesser team on the road, do you deserve to win the big game?
    Heck !

Get the SIX and then draw straws.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Truth be told, I kinda agree.

I do think it is desirable to have the two best teams in different bracket halves so they are likely to meet in conference championship. Beyond that, who cares.